Start by marking “To Catch A Thief (Draycott Abbey #8)” as Want to Read:
To Catch A Thief (Draycott Abbey #8)

To Catch A Thief (Draycott Abbey #8)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  474 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Nell MacInnes can spot a forgery from a mile away. After all, she learned from the best—her father is one of the art world's most notorious thieves. His brutal beating by the very authorities who claim to keep the world safe from harm taught her one more valuable lesson—trust no one.

The last thing rugged Navy SEAL Dakota Smith needs on his mission is a te
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published August 25th 2008 by HQN (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about To Catch A Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Catch A Thief

The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardInsatiable by Lauren DaneCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Hottest Guy on a Cover
184th out of 1,325 books — 1,749 voters
Tempted by Megan HartThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonSexy Devil by Sasha WhiteLover Mine by J.R. WardLord of the Deep by Dawn Thompson
Hottest Romance/Erotica Covers
139th out of 1,002 books — 1,252 voters

More lists with this book...

Apr 05, 2009 jenjn79 rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Rating: 3.5 / 5

This was a fairly good book. I didn't really love it, but it wasn't hard to get through. I think it was a pretty typical book from author Christina Skye.

To Catch A Thief is connected to two of Skye's series: SEAL/Codename and Draycott Abbey. Neither series aspect is a huge part of the story, but they are still there. This book could probably be read as a standalone...the enhanced SEAL thing might be a little confusing, but there's nothing storyline wise that requires reading previ
Julie (jjmachshev)
I've been a fan of Christina Skye's 'Draycott Abbey' series since the late 90s and I was so excited to see her publish a new novel related to this series. I was even more excited when I realized this novel connects her 'Operation' series to the 'Draycott Abbey' series! It's like a double reunion with some old friends.

Nell is a respected art restorer and authenticator. She learned her craft from her father, a notorious art thief. But just before he went to prison, he swore to her that he was don
Lori McD
This is a cross-over from Skye's SEAL series (Code Name)... and it's not always listed as part of the Draycott Abbey series. I stumbled upon it, actually.

But I really enjoyed SEAL Dakota Smith with "special" eyesight powers and Nell MacInnes. She's an amazing amateur climber with several awards and tons of experience (even with search-and-rescue) to her credit; but Nell is also an art restorer, sort of like Kacey Mallory Draycott. Except that Nell's father was in prison for 17 years for stealin
3.5 stars, part of series but can be read as a stand alone. There is a hint of paranormal here, some enhanced vision and ghosts, but nothing hardcore. I enjoyed the story, and I do want to read the other stories. There were a couple of things that happened like Nell calling Dakota a SEAL but I never caught him telling her that part of himself, just that he was Navy. It was just a "hmmm how did she figure it out" and then it was never discussed. It didn't take away from the story just something t ...more
Paranormal Romance
The heroine, the daughter of a convicted art thief, is suddenly thrown into the mess of having to deal with FBI agents and the hero who believe her to be involved in the theft of a Da Vinci. But she has nothing to do with it. She just an art restorer and advent mountain climber. She meets the hero on the mountain while saving a group of stranded college kids. Their attraction was light but there none the same. When they parted ways after the adventure was over, the heroine didn't think of the se ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox

I have read this book a few times and always enjoy the story though there is one gripe……not enough about Draycott Abbey and all those characters I have grown to love from reading the previous books in the Draycott Abbey Series.

The prologue starts in 1622 with Viscount Draycott hiding a valuable piece of art, supposedly a chalk sketch of the Mona Lisa done by Leonardo de Vinci. A hundred years later, this together with priceless notebook are stolen and the authorities believe that Nell MacInnes’
Ann (Noumena12)
To Catch a Thief by Christina Skye integrates her popular story lines: Draycott Abbey (which I haven’t read…but will probably now start reading) and Navy SEALs/Code Name series (which I’ve read and enjoyed).

Nell MacInne is an art restorationist with a father who happens to be a “retired” art thief. But when Nell finds herself embroiled in an art theft, her innate ability to trust is challenged. Yet she still finds herself drawn to Dakota Smith…a man with who is definitely not who he says. Is Ne
Let me explain my rating... I was more interested in the mystery part of this book, and that part of me was sufficiently satisfied. There were many plot twists and turns that I didn't expect - a non-predictable mystery is always the best kind. That being said, the romance bit of it between Dakota and Nell wasn't really believable and happened too fast for my taste. But since I liked the overall story arc, I still give it three stars. I read it spread out over two or three days, so if you want a ...more
Another chapter in the stories of the SEALs. This was an interesting story about the art world and stolen art and the underground world of art thieves.

I had a hard time getting into the story and getting acquainted with the characters but I did enjoy the book.
Debra Jeakins
(SIGH!) Why cant I meet a guy like Dakota? 300 plus pages of gorgeous hunk, bad guys and one woman smack dab in the middle of it all. Great read,great story what a hunk of man!
I got this because it was the next in the Draycott Abbey series, which I loved but hasn't been revisited in awhile. Instead, it turned out to be more in the Navy SEAL series with some Draycott Abbey. Nicholas Draycott is connected because he is the one Nell McInnes' father sends her to when the bad guys come after her. Her father is a well-known art thief who just got out of jail, but got pulled back into the game when her life was threatened.
The SEALs are pulled in because the same man who had
Ann Marie
This is my favorite Christina Skye book yet. Art, Navy Seal, great intrigue. Who could ask for anything more? Nell was a strong character. Someone we can see in all of us. Skye eased into her relationship with the Foxfire team and her love of art and family loyalty was as intense as her rock climbing and the ultimate mission she became part of. As always, Izzy was fabulous. I love a guy who won't let anything get in the way of "knowing". Foxfire Dakota was perfect. Skye has never disappointed me ...more
This looked like something off the beaten path, so I picked it up on a whim. From the first page, I was hooked. I couldn't imagine how being a mountain climber of some renown as well as being an restorer of art could possibly fit into a story that would hold my interest. I was pleasantly surprised. This is the first book I read of Ms. Skye's and I have to say I will check out some others. It wasn't bad...but then again...since I wasted all my growing years reading classics and serious fiction... ...more
I liked this book, it may be the most recent in the series, but the books are written to be stand alone books, so it was fine.

I read most of it yesterday afternoon/evening, leaving myself about 100 pages to finish this morning. It was easy to get into and kept moving - which I love!

After I clear off some of the other books from the library off my shelf, I'll probably add some of hers.

I looked up parkour on utube to see what Ms. Skye was talking about in one of the scenes and it was amazing! Def
I liked this book. Dakota a Navy SEAL is on an assignment to watch Nell MacInnes an art restorer and mountain climber. The daughter of Jordan MacInnes a convicted famous International Art thief. Dakota never becomes involved with woman past an occasional roll in the hay, he knows better. He just can't get Nell out of this mind. He fights the feelings he is getting for her, but to him Nell is the perfect woman. The mystery of stolen art the chase the intrigue a ghost cat and a ghost all make for ...more
Dec 04, 2008 SheLove2Read rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: suspense lovers
While this is promoted as a romance, I would have to say its definitely more of a suspense/mystery with some romance thrown in. If you're looking for romance - its here - but not the main dish. That being said, the writing was very good and kept me interested. I really didn't find it over the top or unbelievable. In fact, the romance that was there was very believable and satisfying. I'd give this a 3.5 star rating if Good Reads would let me. ;-)
Maggie Bishop
Art restorer Nell and special agent Dakota climb their way up a Scottish castle to clear her father’s name and to save a stolen masterpiece. Terrorists use American’s tendency to panic at a threat to divert attention from the theft of a da Vinci sketch worth enough millions to finance real terrorist events. Skye’s description of climbing and art restoration are a treat in this adventure-romance. Engrossing read.
Michele bookloverforever
I enjoy all of Christina Skye's Draycotte and Navy Seals series. This novel combines both and includes both The Earl, Nick and the ghost and Dakota one of the Seals. Dakota is seeking a stolen DaVinci and is looking towards a woman restorer named Nell whose father is a just released art thief with cancer who has disappeared. Usual paranormal things occur...Nell and Dakota get involved. ends happily.
Enjoyable return to Draycott Abbey with its mysterious secrets juxtaposed with a hunky SEAL and a spunky rock-climbing art-restorer who collide in their quest to retrieve a priceless Da Vinci work. Sparks fly as she tries to clear her convicted father's name and he tries to overcome his suspicious nature and they both work to retrieve the stolen artwork. Another Foxfire agent finds his match.
The story in all was good, i loved the action and the suspense as well as the romance.. but i didn't care for the way the book changed characters so suddenly. I understand it was needed so that we could understand what was happening with the art, but it was hard to keep up and at times difficult to understand who's point of view it was.
I love Christina Skye's books. They all are quick reads, but for some reason it took me 3 years to finish this one (of course, I finished 3/4 of the book in 2 days). I love thinking about the old abbeys and what secrets they hold. Great escape books with action, crime solving and romance.
A really good read about some super secret spies who try to track down an arts thief with a terrorist connection. This one involves free climbing of an old Scottish castle so a variety of secret objectives can be met. A good story with a few nice plot turns--oh and a ghost cat.
Christina Skye writes romantic suspense and adventure stories, many times in series. You might want to give this stand alone novel, which features an art forger and a Navy SEAL, a try to see if you like her style.
Good entertaining read. I like this series better than the code name series. Liked the strong female lead. Bit of a pattern though.
I liked this book, but parts of it seemed disjointed- like a scene was taken out around a paragraph and it was accidentally left in. Other than that, it was a nice fast paced book.
A fantastic read. The plot was complex and intricate, keeping me guessing throughout the whole novel. Dakota Smith and Nell MacInnes are the perfect match for each other.
This book bumped up pretty hard against my willing suspension of disbelief bone. Still it was fast moving and readable.
  • In the Dark (PsyCop, #6.1)
  • Loose and Easy (Steele Street, #9)
  • Butterflies (The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal, #2)
  • Shadows at Midnight
  • Sleeping With the Agent (Crossfire, #3)
  • Undercover Lover (Covert Attractions, #2)
  • The Bane Affair (Smithson Group SG-5, #1)
  • The Sleeping Partner (Sarah Tolerance, #3)
  • Headed for Trouble (Troubleshooters #16.5)
  • A Bad Day for Mercy (Bad Day, #4)
  • Jaded (Hot Cops, #3)
  • Face of Danger (The Guardian Angelinos, #3)
  • Tag, You're It!
  • Out of the Mist (Stewart Sisters, #1)
  • Bound by Fire (Cauld Ane, #2)
AKA Roberta Helmer

Roberta Helmer is an American writer of Chinese art and culture and as Christina Skye is a best-selling USA Today and Publishers Weekly writer of over 23 romance novels. Her romance book have been traslated into 8 languages.

Roberta Helmer was born in Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A., an is a descendant of Revolutionary War hero Adam Helmer. She attended the University of Pennsylvania and ob
More about Christina Skye...

Draycott Abbey (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Hour of the Rose (Draycott Abbey #1)
  • Bridge of Dreams (Draycott Abbey #2)
  • Bride of the Mist (Draycott Abbey #3)
  • Key to Forever (Draycott Abbey #4)
  • Season of Wishes (Draycott Abbey #5)
  • Christmas Knight (Draycott Abbey #6)
  • The Perfect Gift (Draycott Abbey, #7)
  • Draycott Everlasting: Christmas Knight & Moonrise (Draycott Abbey #7.5 & 6)
  • Bound by Dreams (Draycott Abbey #9)
  • Christmas At Draycott Abbey (Draycott Abbey #10)