Start by marking “Porteur de masques (Amos Daragon #1)” as Want to Read:
Porteur de masques (Amos Daragon #1)

Porteur de masques (Amos Daragon #1)

Amos Daragon, un brillant garçon de douze ans, devient malgré lui le premier élu de la nouvelles génération des porteurs de masques. Instauré par la Dame Blanche, déesse suprême, ce culte modifiera sa destinée et celle de ses parents. Sa dangeureuse mission consiste à rétablir l'équilibre du monde, menacé par la guerre sans merci que se livrent les dieux du bien et du mal. ...more
Published March 28th 2003 by Les Intouchables

To ask other readers questions about Porteur de masques, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Porteur de masques

Sebastien
Dec 18, 2011 Sebastien rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fan de roman légé et fantaisiste
Recommended to Sebastien by: Annie-Claude Taillon
Shelves: light-fantasy
Bon je vais tout de suite dire quelque chose de claire. Je n'ai pas l'intention de faire une critique approfondie de chaque roman de Amos Daragon. Ce fut des lectures rapides, bien que très divertissantes. Alors je vais m'en tenir au principale et comment j'ai trouver les livres.

Cependant, je vais encore une fois vous mettre en contexte. Je venais tout juste de terminer le dernier livre que j'avais de la série Sword of Truth et j'avais envie de digérer un peu. Lire des livres intenses ça fatigue
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Review in thirty words:

I found this book very enjoyable. The mix of various legends and folklore elements, with a savvy, good-hearted protagonist made for a highly entertaining book. More please!

Reviewed for Bitten by Books. http://bittenbybooks.com.
Melodee
Mar 16, 2015 Melodee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young (and old) adventurers
Recommended to Melodee by: Library bookshelf
This was an enjoyable book. The first half of the book felt like listening to all the old Folk Tales I heard as a child, like how to make stone soup, and how the boy cleverly outsmarted the rigged true/false test. So the first half felt very familiar, yet nostalgic. The author was establishing how smart and clever the main character is. Then the story really becomes it's own. I was suprised in the end by how much I really enjoyed it in it's own right, not just for nostalgic reasons. I think it'd ...more
Sophie Larouche
Sep 03, 2013 Sophie Larouche rated it it was amazing
Cette série a été la première que j'ai lue et a déclenché en moi la passion de la lecture. Je suis maintenant au cégep en lettres et je le dois en grande partie à Bryan Perro pour ses excellentes oeuvres.
Heather
Fine, but nothing exceptional. I think perhaps it lost something in translation, because all of the narrative and dialogue felt very stiff and unconvincing. Also, I couldn't really get into the fantasy world and didn't feel like everything was explained. Still, I suppose the sequels will probably improve upon the story. Hopefully they are less stiff, at least!
Patile Ouimet
Jun 26, 2016 Patile Ouimet rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
I forgot how much I missed reading these books ❤ Its like going back to the 2nd grade all over again haha
Sofy
Not recommended. It's engrossing enough if you're 12 but not interesting for older readers. At least, not in my opinion.
Amanda
Sep 15, 2010 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Pretty good for a French book
Mouad
Oct 05, 2016 Mouad rated it it was amazing
c etait vraiment epique j ai tellement hate a l autre livre honnetement bravo wow etsil vous plait vous m envoyer des email pour la fin de amos daragon ok mercie.........
Amalia
Nov 12, 2011 Amalia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-challenge
Amidst the ultimate quest for equilibrium in the world, a balance between the forecs of good and the forces of evil, Amos Daragon, The Mask Wearer, is offers a tale of friendship and loyalty. Perro explores the sacrifices we make, and don't make, for our friends. And, he explores the sacrifies we make in order to do the right thing. Sometimes, we can even convince ourselves, and others, that we are doing the right thing when, in reality, we are not.

Amos Daragon is chosen to be a mask wearer. His
Vince Crowe
Jul 06, 2013 Vince Crowe rated it did not like it
This was ok. I finally wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I lived in the same town as Brian for a few years and wanted to know why so many people were talking about this book.

I though the writer had some sort of "imagination". Well, he ripped off lots of names from mythology. Lots of old gods' names and creature that we all know about. I don't know, maybe my expectations were just too damn high for a book basically for kids.

Lots and lots of clichés and the likes. Figured and style. Like
Kaylin
Mar 11, 2011 Kaylin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absoloutely amazing!

Love, romance, adventure, magic and mythology! This book has everything!? I would have to say this book's main morals are...
~Love can be anywhere and with anyone so when you find it don't lie to yourself.
~There's no love without sacrifice.
~You have to face adversity with your chin up, always have pride and degnity. But never let danger come in the way of what must be done.
~Live your life to the fullest because one day it'll be gone.
~Good triumphs over evil eve
Ivana
Dec 31, 2014 Ivana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well I knew it was kind of a childish book, but I needed something to read for a day, so I can complete my challenge :D

Anyway, this was very rushed story, no dialogs, no explanations of some things... yeah, kinda like a bed time story to tell you kid, which isn't bad, but I prefer other books anyway.

I will surely recommend it to young readers though, because Amos is an interesting character :)
Sue
Feb 07, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it
it is nice to occassionally come back to a fun story that seriously reads like it could be a video game. this is definitly a young book for my junior high students - but can be a quick read for anyone. i like the concept of the quests for the masks and the power stones. i'm not sure how many books he's planning on doing but the potential is there for a long series.
Cheriee Weichel
It was a close call for a bit there as to whether or not this would ever make it to my read shelf. I was not impressed, but suspect a whole lot of little boys out there will dispute my opinion.
You can read my full review here. http://dickenslibrary.blogspot.ca/201...
Amy
Sep 24, 2011 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
FXL heard about this on C'Est La Vie. This author was touted as the Canadian JK Rowling. It was written in French, but I'm reading the English version. I think the writing is a bit thin - not a lot of richness to the character development. Sort of like this is the cliff notes version. Definitely disappointing with that sort of build up.
Tasia
I couldn't get past the mechanical sound of the language, how stated everything seems with little charm. Perhaps because mine is a translation, the translator didn't quite know how to relate that magic? I see that people really get into the second half of the book, but, I couldn't make it past the first.
Karen
Oct 02, 2015 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is so much going on in this book, but the story is all over the place. Also, this book very much fell into the "telling" of the "show, don't tell" camp. The fact that this book was originally written in French and then translated into English may account for much of the stiffness, but I don't think the translation was the problem with the story.
Amelia Loken
Very well done fantasy adventure novel. The protagonist is 12, but at times felt older, more like 14, so could be young YA. Felt like a Lloyd Alexander book. Which is high praise in my book.

Originally written by Quebecois author in French. I read the English version available at my library.
Kimberly
Jul 12, 2011 Kimberly marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-young-adult
An Amazon best book of the month for middle school readers earlier this year. Translated from French. I'm surprised no one has reviewed the English version on goodreads yet. I read some article that characterized Perro as "Quebec's J.K. Rowling." Evidently there are 12 books in the series.
Leila
Jul 04, 2016 Leila rated it it was ok
PLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATELATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATEPLATE
Bethany
Stilted narration, a lot of telling with very little showing, and thin character development. Any interesting fantasy elements are overshadowed by the writing. Perhaps it lost something in translation?
Marieb
Feb 02, 2015 Marieb rated it it was amazing
Un des meilleurs livres pour jeunes. Une histoire très intéressante autant pour les garçons que pour les filles. Un gros coup de coeur pour Bryan Perro qui a su, avec ce livre, donner le goût de la lecture à plusieurs milliers d'élèves au primaire.

Un livre à lire et à relire.
Tricia
Jun 01, 2011 Tricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great introduction to hopefully an even better series. Amos has basically had his life turned upside down and needs to figure out how stop an evil sorcerer, help his friends, and basically save the world.
Emilie
Mar 03, 2010 Emilie rated it it was amazing
La meilleure collection au monde je la conseille a tout le monde. Mais comme dans toutes les collections le premier livre es jamais tres bon. Mais continuer et vous n 'allez pas le regretter. Il y a tout ce que'une bonne histoire doit avoir pour rester debout!
Susan
Mar 05, 2011 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a fairy tale feel to it, but more from the "prince's" point of view - glossary of the mythological characters (that appear in the story) at the back of the book is helpful. Can't wait to read more from the series!
Linda
Nov 11, 2011 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
A fast paced engaging story. would suit 9-12 year olds. Any one who has read and enjoyed the Deltora Quest series by Emily Rodda would find this book a pleasure.This first book in the series sets the stage for what promises to be an exciting adventure.
Tweller83
Apr 01, 2012 Tweller83 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Lots of magical creatures and smart vs stupid as well as good vs. Evil. I liked it. Will recommend to middle schoolers.
Theo
Feb 10, 2011 Theo rated it liked it
It was quite o.k. but everything happened to easily and quickly. If this book was about 500 pages longer it would have been so much better.
Lorraine Stinson
  • La princesse rebelle (Les Chevaliers d'Émeraude, #4)
  • Extraterrestre... ou presque! (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #1)
  • The Mystery of Lord Sha (Book of the Stars, #2)
  • La lumière blanche (Lumière Blanche #1)
  • Aliss

Amos Daragon (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • La Clé de Braha (Amos Daragon #2)
  • Le Crépuscule des dieux (Amos Daragon #3)
  • La Malédiction de Freyja (Amos Daragon #4)
  • La Tour d'El-Bab (Amos Daragon #5)
  • Amos Daragon: La colère d'enki (Amos Daragon, #6)
  • Amos Daragon: Voyage aux enfers (Amos Daragon, #7)
  • Amos Daragon: La cité de Pégase (Amos Daragon, #8)
  • Amos Daragon: La Toison d'or (Amos Daragon, #9)
  • Amos Daragon: La grande Croisade (Amos Daragon, #10)
  • masque de l'Ether, Le (Amos Daragon, #11)