Start by marking “Tournament of Knights” as Want to Read:
Tournament of Knights

Tournament of Knights

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Justin, a young knight in the Middle Ages, prepares to engage in his first tournament, while an experienced challenger plans to defeat him.
Published January 1st 1986 by T.Y. Crowell

To ask other readers questions about Tournament of Knights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tournament of Knights

Reading this as an adult, I liked the history and research involved, and it was a bit more complex than I expected from a thin paperbacked picture book.

Yes it's a bit violent, but knights didn't exactly roam the countryside throwing daisies at each other. This is very realistic with some sensitivity to age.

The historical content is excellent, describing tournaments lasting days and some of the code of chivalry. Even the illustration on the back cover is great, a knight in armor on his steed, wit
Tony Phonethibsavads
My mom read this to me a lot when I was four. It was too advanced for me, but I loved looking at the pictures and wanted to read it every night. My mom even tried to buy it from the library because I liked it so much.
Christian
One part is a little violent.
Kit★
Kit★ added it
Sep 20, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Raid
Raid marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Elise
Elise added it
Jun 05, 2013
Mrs. Johnstone
Mrs. Johnstone marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2011
Christy Miller
Christy Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2011
Cheryl added it
Jan 09, 2011
Sarah added it
Jun 11, 2009
The Do-Something Day Merry Ever After He's My Brother The Great Alexander the Great Nick Joins in