Start by marking “Lost in New York” as Want to Read:

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  30 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Nicky's first trip to New York is full of surprises. Following a tour of the city by some rough teenagers, Nicky is accused of being a thief. He then finds himself lost and alone without any money. He knows he has to find Mrs Minerva - and she turns out to be a surprise too.
Published January 1st 1997 by Addison Wesley Publishing Company (first published May 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Lost in New York, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in New York

Rachelle S3
May 02, 2008 Rachelle S3 added it
Recommends it for: friends
Lost in New York
Nicky has just got of the plane at New York.
he went there to stay with his aunt.
but something went wrong......,he was lost in
New York city.he finds himself in a terrifying tour with some people !He do not know!And the police thought
he is a theif!He got to find his aunt's house before the polices finds him.
Takuma Kusagawa
Oct 15, 2014 Takuma Kusagawa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1.Penguin,Level2

2.10/15=80minutes

3.New York,thief,police,taxi,lost,dream

4.Nicky"Where am I?he What am I going to do? How can I find Carrie's restaurant? This is my worst dream! But this isn't a dream, I'm lost in New York."
Nicky was lost in New York and he hoped that was just dream, but it was a fact of life. I thought if I will be in that case, my feeling will be so nervous.

5.Nicky was taken away by three bad boys and lost in New York. In addition to that, he was doubted by police that he was a
Rina
Jul 19, 2016 Rina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. penguin readers, level 2
2. 80min
3. Nicky, visit, New York, older boys, thief, find, police
4. Nicky had to visit New York because of his family matter. His uncle left him at the airport and they went to a meat shop. But Nicky was whisked away by older boys while his uncle shopping. He was carried water their thief and he was found by the police. Finally, he went away from t the police but he couldn't know where he was in New York.
5. He visited Yew York by himself and he was tangled with a hoo
友希乃 武山
1.Peuguin Readers/Level2

2.05/20=40minutes 05/21=40minutes

3.a boy-England-New York-Aunt-lost-afraid-a thief

4 a)Nicky who was from England visited to New York to see his aunt, but he was involved in something bad before meeting her.
b)I liked that a taxi driver helped Nicky to take him to the place which his aunt came to.

5.If I am kidnapped by strange people and I am misunderstood as a thief, I cannot do anything at all. I thought he should have had more money and a cellphone.
Rie Shimizu
Apr 15, 2015 Rie Shimizu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

1. Penguin / level2

2. 4/14=20minutes 4/15=60minutes

3. lost, New York, taxi, thief, dream, boat, monkey

4. a. Your bad dream is ending happily.
b. Nicky faced many problems before he meet aunt Carrie, but finally this story ends happily and he was right.

5. If I were Nicky, maybe I would be at a loss so He is a strong boy I thought. Also I was surprised and laughed at unexpected ending because Mrs Minerva was a monkey!! Also, I'd like to visit New York someday.
Yuki Kato
1. Penguin / level2

2. 80minutes

3. Nicky, New York, older boys, moterbike, police, bad dream, aunt

4. I like the last passage because the conversation of Nicky and Joe is nice. The happy ending is very good. Nicky sounds like happy.

5. I thought that Nicky was picked a quarrel by the young three men and he was poor. The book is easy to understand and I like the contents of this story. It is interesting, so I could concentrate on reading it.
Misaki Ohata
Haruhi Hyodo
Jun 01, 2016 Haruhi Hyodo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1.Penguin readers level2
2.05/28/2016: 20min, 05/30/2016: 60min
3.motorbike New York afraid happy thief dangerous aunt
4.The main character is Nicky. This book is about Nicky's experience during his travel in New york. He went to New york without his parents for the first time, so he was involved some accidents.
5.I like this book because there are many accidents, so I was excited. I recommend this.
Arisa Shimokawa
1. Penguin level2

2. 6/30=80minutes

3. lost, New York, boys, thief, alone, taxi, boat

4.(a)A nice ride for my young friend from England.
(b)This is the taxi driver's words. One kind driver helped a boy who lost his way. I like his kindness.

5. This book is about the English boy's story. At first, he was weak and shy. However, I think he become bravery while he lost in New York.
Akari Shimokawa
1. Penguin, level 2
2. 28/06/2016: 50 mins, 29/06/2016: 40 mins
3. a young boy; aunt; travel; NY; difficult situation; thief; police
4. Nicky is going to NY to meet his aunt Carrie. That was his first time outside England. He felt afraid. Before he meets his aunt, something bad happens.
5. I think his trip is similar to my trip to Finland because I had to go there alone.
Mai Hayashi
Cambridge Engrish Readers, Level 3
Time : 12/1 = 80 minutes
7 words summary: a girl, a boy, friends, Italy, miss, vacasion,

Penguin active reading, level 2
Time : 12/18 = 80 minutes
7 word summary: woman, men, lost, New York, tresure, help, monkey
Discussion questions:
1, Have you ever lost your important things?

A, Yes, I often lose my things because my room is not clear. So I have to tidy up my room.

2, Have you ever been to New York.

A, Yes, I have been to New York in this summer vacation. NY is real
文弥 坂本
Jun 04, 2014 文弥 坂本 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1. Penguin readers level 2
2.5/30 40min 6/2 40min
3. Lost, New York, motor bike, taxi, money, monkey, help
4. Nicky needed to get on the boat in an hour, but it was impossible to be there on time without using taxi. And then one taxi helped him with no pay.
I like this passage because I felt kind from this taxi driver. Sometimes, people should help someone without begging returns.
5. I could enjoy reading with this book! Contents were all interesting and it was easy to read! I don't usually enjoy rea
lamya  ❀
Apr 05, 2015 lamya ❀ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-books
Unexpected ending that mde me laugh !
Kentaro Iijima
- Penguin active reading, level 2.
- Time 10/10 = 60 minutes.
= 7-word summary: woman - men - lost - bike - New York - tour - monkey.
- Discussion questions:
1, Have you ever been to New York?
I haven't been to there. In the future, I want to visit to Times Square.
2, When you lost, What do you do?
I need somebody help. So, I speak to someone to help me, or I try to search for my way by myself.

I liked this graded reader. In the book, there are real buildings and bridge. If I know that, it can be more i
Naoya Masukawa
Jun 12, 2013 Naoya Masukawa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1, Penguin Level2
2, 90 min
3, lost, new york, thief, dream, taxi, boat,bad man.
4, have you ever been to New York?
No, I don't, but I want to go someday.
5, This story is like comedy. Mein charactor had many troubles. I feel it is like a Home alone. He tried to solve problems, it is so funny.
I feel happy when I read last.
Eva Jb
Mar 18, 2013 Eva Jb marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Nothing
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Timerainbow
Timerainbow rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2016
Julia Becher
Julia Becher marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Tatsuya Sano
Tatsuya Sano marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Adinay
Adinay marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Fabian
Fabian added it
Jun 14, 2016
Mikoto Kauchi
Mikoto Kauchi rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Alejo Leon
Alejo Leon marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Greg Plominski
Greg Plominski marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Andres Orley
Andres Orley marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Pedra
Pedra marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016