Start by marking “Lost in New York” as Want to Read:
Preview

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Nicky's first trip to New York is full of surprises. Following a tour of the city by some rough teenagers, Nicky is accused of being a thief. He then finds himself lost and alone without any money. He knows he has to find Mrs Minerva - and she turns out to be a surprise too.
Published January 1st 1997 by Addison Wesley Publishing Company (first published May 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Lost in New York, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in New York

Rachelle S3
May 02, 2008 Rachelle S3 added it
Recommends it for: friends
Lost in New York
Nicky has just got of the plane at New York.
he went there to stay with his aunt.
but something went wrong......,he was lost in
New York city.he finds himself in a terrifying tour with some people !He do not know!And the police thought
he is a theif!He got to find his aunt's house before the polices finds him.
Takuma Kusagawa
1.Penguin,Level2

2.10/15=80minutes

3.New York,thief,police,taxi,lost,dream

4.Nicky"Where am I?he What am I going to do? How can I find Carrie's restaurant? This is my worst dream! But this isn't a dream, I'm lost in New York."
Nicky was lost in New York and he hoped that was just dream, but it was a fact of life. I thought if I will be in that case, my feeling will be so nervous.

5.Nicky was taken away by three bad boys and lost in New York. In addition to that, he was doubted by police that he was a
友希乃 武山
1.Peuguin Readers/Level2

2.05/20=40minutes 05/21=40minutes

3.a boy-England-New York-Aunt-lost-afraid-a thief

4 a)Nicky who was from England visited to New York to see his aunt, but he was involved in something bad before meeting her.
b)I liked that a taxi driver helped Nicky to take him to the place which his aunt came to.

5.If I am kidnapped by strange people and I am misunderstood as a thief, I cannot do anything at all. I thought he should have had more money and a cellphone.
Rie Shimizu

1. Penguin / level2

2. 4/14=20minutes 4/15=60minutes

3. lost, New York, taxi, thief, dream, boat, monkey

4. a. Your bad dream is ending happily.
b. Nicky faced many problems before he meet aunt Carrie, but finally this story ends happily and he was right.

5. If I were Nicky, maybe I would be at a loss so He is a strong boy I thought. Also I was surprised and laughed at unexpected ending because Mrs Minerva was a monkey!! Also, I'd like to visit New York someday.
Misaki Ohata
Arisa Shimokawa
1. Penguin level2

2. 6/30=80minutes

3. lost, New York, boys, thief, alone, taxi, boat

4.(a)A nice ride for my young friend from England.
(b)This is the taxi driver's words. One kind driver helped a boy who lost his way. I like his kindness.

5. This book is about the English boy's story. At first, he was weak and shy. However, I think he become bravery while he lost in New York.
Mai Hayashi
Cambridge Engrish Readers, Level 3
Time : 12/1 = 80 minutes
7 words summary: a girl, a boy, friends, Italy, miss, vacasion,

Penguin active reading, level 2
Time : 12/18 = 80 minutes
7 word summary: woman, men, lost, New York, tresure, help, monkey
Discussion questions:
1, Have you ever lost your important things?

A, Yes, I often lose my things because my room is not clear. So I have to tidy up my room.

2, Have you ever been to New York.

A, Yes, I have been to New York in this summer vacation. NY is real
文弥 坂本
1. Penguin readers level 2
2.5/30 40min 6/2 40min
3. Lost, New York, motor bike, taxi, money, monkey, help
4. Nicky needed to get on the boat in an hour, but it was impossible to be there on time without using taxi. And then one taxi helped him with no pay.
I like this passage because I felt kind from this taxi driver. Sometimes, people should help someone without begging returns.
5. I could enjoy reading with this book! Contents were all interesting and it was easy to read! I don't usually enjoy rea
lamya  Al Zadjali
Unexpected ending that mde me laugh !
Kentaro Iijima
- Penguin active reading, level 2.
- Time 10/10 = 60 minutes.
= 7-word summary: woman - men - lost - bike - New York - tour - monkey.
- Discussion questions:
1, Have you ever been to New York?
I haven't been to there. In the future, I want to visit to Times Square.
2, When you lost, What do you do?
I need somebody help. So, I speak to someone to help me, or I try to search for my way by myself.

I liked this graded reader. In the book, there are real buildings and bridge. If I know that, it can be more i
Naoya Masukawa
1, Penguin Level2
2, 90 min
3, lost, new york, thief, dream, taxi, boat,bad man.
4, have you ever been to New York?
No, I don't, but I want to go someday.
5, This story is like comedy. Mein charactor had many troubles. I feel it is like a Home alone. He tried to solve problems, it is so funny.
I feel happy when I read last.
Eva Jb
Mar 18, 2013 Eva Jb marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Nothing
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Maria Alonso
Maria Alonso marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Metin Mammadov
Metin Mammadov marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Andres
Andres added it
Apr 08, 2015
Gulzat
Gulzat marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Isaura Pereira
Isaura Pereira marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Sourour
Sourour marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Terese James
Terese James marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
87475511196 marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Victor
Victor marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Ali El
Ali El added it
Nov 16, 2014
Juan Pablo
Juan Pablo marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Lana
Lana marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Longman Handy Learner's Dictionary of American English, Flexicover First Steps in Academic Writing A Tale of Two Cities Language Activator (LLA) Longman Basic Dictionary of American English