Start by marking “Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Stage 0: Entrance (Code Geass: Light Novels, #1)” as Want to Read:

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Stage 0: Entrance (Code Geass: Novels #1)

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  168 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
This full-length novel is based on the hit anime series featured on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. In the year 2010, the Holy Empire of Brittania declares war on Japan. Japan surrenders. Freedom is lost and Japan is renamed "Area 11" and its people are known as "Elevens."
Published November 4th 2008 by Bandai Entertainment (first published May 1st 2007)

Hamda
Jul 06, 2012 Hamda rated it it was amazing

First of all I'll have to say that this book was actually one of the first Japanese light novels I read that was this well translated! Another thing I enjoyed reading this even when I haven't yet watched the whole anime. This book put me back on hype to finish this anime as it's a prequel that tells the back story of the main anime characters. I'd recommend reading this even if you never heard of the anime cause it's that good.
713 Takara
Dec 08, 2010 713 Takara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 7th-grade-shelf
This is a novel in case you were thinking. also this one had confused me at first but then I understood what it was trying to tell. I was telling the story of there past and how somethings led up to the next. It was a good book and really clears up a few things.
Erika
Jul 31, 2011 Erika added it
Shelves: 2011
I can't even rate this one. I love Code Geass so much but I read this like it was a fantasy fan-fiction in my head and not a book. Any extra glimpse of Lelouch and I'm there!
Lindsey
Nov 25, 2010 Lindsey rated it really liked it
Shelves: anime-novels
I don't care what anybody says about this being more fanfiction than novel; I enjoy the interpretatio of the characters' younger selves and the foreshadowing.
Khallandra
Mar 23, 2009 Khallandra rated it really liked it
Some background to Lelouch and Suzaku and their childhood is explored which is very cute and a welcome addition to the universe.
Alexa
Apr 07, 2014 Alexa rated it really liked it
I found this in a pile of old manga, which was pretty awesome.
This is a lot better than the other novelization I read. This one gives more information of the summer they spent together as kids, and between this and the audio dramas, you can get a pretty clear picture of what happened then.
Brandy
Nov 15, 2009 Brandy rated it liked it
I've never watched the anime or read the manga, I was just looking for something that looked interesting and picked this off the shelf. In all brutal honesty, I don't think this book really makes it as a stand alone. There was little to no plot, and hardly any character development. The novel was especially short, and sounded more like a script rather than an actual novel. I felt cheated out of descriptions and felt no sympathy for the characters I couldn't relate to and didn't know well enough. ...more
Kaisa Mettille
Jan 18, 2016 Kaisa Mettille rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
NEVER READ OR BUY THIS BOOK IT DOSE NOT DO JUSTICE TO THE MANGA OR THE ANIME.
Hinata Kirihara
Jul 11, 2013 Hinata Kirihara rated it really liked it
I feel like these novels are like deleted scenes and I loved them!!!!
Lauren
Good introduction to the series.
Neil Profeta
Sep 17, 2013 Neil Profeta added it
Shelves: 1
Okay
Tigra
Tigra marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
Aaron Heil
Aaron Heil rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Schneizel
Schneizel marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Minh Đức
Minh Đức rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
mina
mina rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Chingiz
Chingiz marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Ytez
Ytez rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Heira
Heira marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Jean-Elie Droal
Jean-Elie Droal marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
0este013
0este013 marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Neko-Chan
Neko-Chan marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Kiđa Yami
Kiđa Yami marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
  • Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion - Knight: Official Comic Anthology - For Girls, Vol. 1
  • Lucky Star 7 (Lucky Star, #7)
  • Hack//Another Birth, Volume 2: Mutation
  • .hack // AI Buster (AI Buster, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: The Valley of the White Petals (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3)
  • Crest of the Stars 1: Princess of the Empire (Seikai no Monshou, #1)
  • Into the Blue (Full Metal Panic! #3)
  • PhD: Phantasy Degree Vol. 3
  • Trinity Blood: Reborn on the Mars, Volume 2: The Iblis
  • Judge 05
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days Volume 3
  • The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • わたしに××しなさい! 11 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #11)
  • Rozen Maiden, Vol. 1
  • Tsubasa: Those with Wings, Volume 3

Code Geass: Novels (5 books)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Stage 1: Shadow (Code Geass: Light Novels, #2)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Stage 2: Knight (Code Geass: Light Novels, #3)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Stage 3: Sword (Code Geass: Light Novels, #4)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Stage 4: Zero (Code Geass: Light Novels, #5)