Start by marking “Mansarovar Short Stories by Premchand” as Want to Read:

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  375 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Paperback
Published 1999 by Diamond Pocket Books Pvt. Ltd

Ravi Jha
My father gifted me all the volumes(probably 8 volumes) of Mansarovar when I was a kid. Though I could not understand many stories at that age but few of them like eidgaah, poos ki raat, shatranj ke khiladi etc made an everlasting impact which later compelled me to revisit the whole set. If one is in doubt that whether he should read Mansarovar or not the following sentence may help "Premchand is the Gorky of India".
Keyur
There are no words to describe Premchand's works, as far as short stories are concerned. I guess even Premchand himself would fail to do so. Brilliant would be an under-statement. I strictly recommend.
Jyoti Arora
My salute to the great writer for the simplicity of his writing, the brilliance of his characters and the realistic and engrossing portrayal of the life, people and culture of India in pre-independence years.
Abhay
Its a fantastic series of stories. The way Premchand understands people and writes about society is very very precise and detailed even in a short piece of story.

Very highly recommended collection.
Ayush Mohta
Jun 18, 2009 Ayush Mohta is currently reading it
I am just reading it when finished i am gonna tell u guys
Juhi
Granny, m glad u introduced me to it!
Rose Angel
love the author and his writings ... all the short stories teaches a lesson .. tells us about the past time ... its a splendid book and a must must must read by everyone ..
Harsh Deswal
Beautiful peace of writing, such elegance,such simplicity really wonderful experience reading it.
Richa Vani
one of my all time fav story in this book is "Dil ki Rani"..it captivates my heart still after reading it zillion number times..
Manav
Jai
Jun 16, 2013 Jai rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: cool
Arshad Khan
Arshad Khan marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Prakash Rawat
Prakash Rawat marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Nikita Singh
Nikita Singh marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Mukesh
Mukesh marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Pritam Singh
Pritam Singh marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Dinesh Mundra
Dinesh Mundra marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Mohammed
Mohammed marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Naushad Pintoo
Naushad Pintoo marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
  • Raag Darbari (राग दरबारी)
  • Vaishali Ki Nagarvadhu
  • मधुशाला
  • Saadat Hasan Manto Ki Kahaniyan
  • Tamas
  • सूरज का सातवाँ घोड़ा (Suraj ka Satwan Ghoda)
  • Charitraheen
  • nithalle ki diary (निठल्ले की डायरी)
  • रश्मिरथी (Rashmirathi)
  • पिंजर
  • काशी का अस्सी (Kashi ka Assi)
  • Raavi Paar: And Other Stories
  • Landour Days: A Writer's Journal
  • Mailaa Aanchal
  • Amul's India: Based On 50 Years of Amul Advertising
Munshi Premchand (Hindi: मुंशी प्रेमचंद) was an Indian writer famous for his modern Hindustani literature. He is one of the most celebrated writers of the Indian subcontinent,and is regarded as one of the foremost Hindustani writers of the early twentieth century.

Born Dhanpat Rai, he began writing under the pen name "Nawab Rai", but subsequently switched to "Premchand", while he is also known as "
More about Munshi Premchand...
गोदान Nirmala शतरंज के खिलाड़ी Gaban कफ़न