Start by marking “Menjinakkan Laki-Laki (Dog Handling)” as Want to Read:
Menjinakkan Laki-Laki (Dog Handling)

Menjinakkan Laki-Laki (Dog Handling)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  1,911 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Kemarin, Liv Elliot memiliki segalanya: flat di Notting Hill, karier (memang cuma sebagai akuntan, tapi lumayanlah), dan pernikahan yang tinggal beberapa minggu lagi. Impian semua cewek, kan? Tapi tiba-tiba Tim membatalkan pernikahan, meninggalkan Liv shock dan merana. Untunglah ada sahabat dan rumah pantai indah di Australia memanggil-manggilnya.

Mentari, pasir, dan laut A
Published 2008 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Menjinakkan Laki-Laki, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Menjinakkan Laki-Laki

Erica
Jan 07, 2009 Erica rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs a good escape!
One of my favorite books of all time.
Anastasia Cynthia
So, ceritanya sangat simpel, tentang Liv yang notabene punya hidup serbaoke itu. Tunangan yang oke, pekerjaan sebagai akuntan, terus sahabat yang luar biasa sempurna. Di hari nyaris pernikahannya, tiba-tiba saja Tim membatalkan semuanya. Liv frustasi, dan menurut anjuran bossnya, Fay, akhirnya dia memutuskan buat ambil cuti dan berlibur di Australia. Nah, petulangannya pun dimulai, apalagi kala dia mengidam-idamkan untuk kembali ke sembilan tahun silam saat bertemu dengan cinta pertamanya saat b ...more
Alexis
Liv is about to get married and all she can think about are other men rather than her husband to be. So when her fiance breaks it off, she heads to down under to find out what she's been missing. She meets James and Dave who teach her the secrets to keeping a man, which is to treat them like a dog. Things of course, go awry when she bumps into an old flame.

Notes: I think "sampling the soup and licking the cones" (in reference to relationships) is about the strangest and funniest line I've ever r
Chanpreet
Dog Handling was a great book. It's not the first book by Clare Naylor that I've read, but it is the first one that falls mostly under rom-com. It has all the elements for a great story and Ms. Naylor does a great job at making them work. There were just two things that I didn't particularly enjoy much. 1)Rampant infidelity. I know it's now become a staple to fiction these days, but I still find it hard to overlook or condone, and 2)Instant love/attraction. Ben sees Liv after a prolonged period ...more
Veronica Widya
Thiss once more,, about the girl who cancel the wedding..
i wonder why this lately people like to made the story about people who broke up after engange. its strange, and mostly they broke after prepare for the wedding party. and tim is so silly, he broke liv after he propose her and said that he not love her anymore. I mean, if u dont love her, why u propose her? u must think it carefuly before make the big decision! it just break her heart apart.

oh well,,
but this story is quite funny, and about
Marsha
Getting around the odd colloquialisms that made reading this book a bit of a head-scratcher, I found myself pleasantly entertained by Liv’s constant efforts to turn around her life after getting dumped by her fiancé. Misunderstandings, sleeping with the wrong guys, sleeping with the right one, falling in and out of love and lust while trying to start a fledgling business provided a few tender moments.

This wasn’t a ribald, gut-busting joyride by any means; Liv isn’t the type of heroine with a sm
Jb62
I have enjoyed some of Clare Naylor's other novels more than this (noting this is not a recent novel). It was a very light summer read but I found the main character Liv didn't grow too much.
Melissa
Brit chick lit--Treat a man like you are training a dog and he will love you. Liv loses her fiance, goes to Australia and finds love.
TiffanyJo
This was the first book I ever purchased on my own, for a trip to the beach. I cracked up the whole time! Brit-chik-lit is the best! Every book she writes is a riot.
Danielle
Light and fluffy. Decent. I picked this up after struggling with Ken Follett's "Pillars of the Earth." I needed a light distraction, and this gave it to me. Parts of it are totally impossible (Greta's Grundies being such an easy business launch, notably), but what can you expect from chick lit? The author also wrote "The First Assistant" and "The Second Assistant" with Mimi Hare. Both of those books were enjoyable.
Andrea
Books like this give chicklit a bad name. The characters are stupid and play stupid, immature games. The dog handling idea is ridiculous and not the main purpose of the book. I would like this book better if the dog handling was dropped and was just a book about a heartbroken girl going to Australia.
Lauren
Great book. Lots of fun. Once again the main character of this novel moves from London, but this time it is to Australia, to get over her recent breakup. While there she runs into an old fling who she always hoped to see again someday, only now he is seeing someone else. She meets some friends who have the idea that she can win him back if all she does is treat him like a dog...which she accidently ends up doing. A very fun beach read.
Kelsey
I love this one! Makes me want to quit my job and move to Australia.
Elizabeth Walker
I just reread this book for a second time, having read it for the first time a decade ago. It's your typical chick lit, but it's fun. Who can argue with a girl who has her heart broken, conveniently jets off to Australia to find herself again, and happens to run into the heartthrob guy she had a teenage summer love affair with? A quick, fun read for sure. It's a fun compliment to have just read Why Men Love Bitches.
Kelly
This is a story about recovery after a bad breakup, reinventing of self and reigniting an old flame. It was also about knowing how to handle men (or dogs, same thing!) in order to keep them coming back for more. This was a fun read, although I do have to say that there wasn't really anything special about it. However, it was enjoyable and effortless to read.
-indifferent
Reca
This was a goodreads find about a woman who was wondering if she was ready for marriage when her fiance dumped her. She then follows her best friend to Australia where she had adventures learning about herself and men. This book was okay, but there was a point in the middle where I was wondering what I should have been rooting for her to do.
Cathy
I was partway through this book before I realized that I had read it before - which tells you how memorable it is, I guess! It's a perfectly nice fluffy light read, good for the beach and all that, but there's not much to it. Some of the characters are fun and interesting, but the premise isn't exactly fresh.
Tira
This book was hilarious. I laughed so hard, even out loud that sometimes I got looks from strangers while reading in the park. Claire Naylor knows how to lift a mood when she talks about everything this poor woman goes through. If you are having a gloomy day, this book is a total pick you up.
Dione
Not so good. Bad grammer, bad charactors names, and nothing exciting happened at all. Sorry I wasted my time reaing it. It was an English writer and maybe these are the types of books they write and the way the speak, but I found it confusing and boring.
Erin Pfiffner
Good humor, but story line is a lot like other 'I just broke off my wedding and am looking to rediscover my inner woman-hunger in a foreign country with my carefree gorgeous friend who attracts all the men for me' books I've read or been recommended.
Martha
Jul 16, 2008 Martha rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Beach bunnies
Shelves: chick-lit
It was a cute story line, I thought a little juvenile and totally unrealistic - I mean, seriously, if it were that easy to run off to Australia and start an underwear company, why wouldn't we all be Victoria's Secret. But fun.
Jenn
This book was like watching a cheesy, made-for-tv, Lifetime network romance movie. The ludicrous yet romance-filled plot kept me turning the pages but when I got to the end I kinda wondered why I had bothered.
Isabella Maulidya
such a crazy chicklit for single and happy woman... Raring to help her land beautiful Ben, Liv's friends teach her the Rules of Dog Handling: Treat a man like a dog and he'll be eating out of your hand.
Rehab
the first three or four chapters were pretty boring, but the story picked up after that :)
it was nice funny and sweet novel
liked it and definitely will check out more titles by the author.
Sharal Hunter
I've been sitting on this one long enough, I think. Can't get into it, I guess. I managed to read half of it and though I did enjoy what I managed to read, I couldn't stay focused on it.
Theresa
A cute story but poorly written, I kept finding mistakes and it kept me from enjoying the book at the begining. But then at the end i was so into the story that i hardly noticed.
Julie
This was completely predictable and the pace was much slower than I'm used to in chick lit. There are many other titles in this genre that are more interesting and satisfying.
Elysian
Supposed to be a comedy about relationships (i.e. the title - "dog" is a "man"), but lacks the hysterical value I had anticipated. Similar to the "Diary of Bridget Jones."
Jaimelynne
Who wouldn't love to run away to a warm beach side house to live rent free for a few months when you get a broken heart? love James and wish he had his own book!
Joanie
This book was pretty good :) I really liked the story. I did, however, think there was too much inner dialogue that wasn't too interesting, but the story was good.
  • A Girl's Best Friend
  • Fourplay
  • Just Friends
  • Single White E-Mail
  • Tales of a Drama Queen
The Second Assistant: A Tale from the Bottom of the Hollywood Ladder The First Assistant: A Continuing Tale from Behind the Hollywood Curtain Catching Alice Love: A User's Guide: A Novel of Romance with Attitude The Goddess Rules