Start by marking “Green Living” as Want to Read:
Green Living

Green Living

Experts suggest that by 2005, 40 percent of American homes will buy organic, yet a large
majority have only a limited knowledge of how to actually make informed, green choices. Green Living, from the editors of E/The Environmental Magazine offers a thorough, step-by-step plan for every aspect of your life, from the laundry room to the kitchen:
Maintaining a healthy home

Going
Published May 31st 2005 by Plume

To ask other readers questions about Green Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Living

Lauren
Jul 07, 2008 Lauren rated it liked it
Shelves: environment
While there are some helpful tips and suggestions, I did not feel that the book really contributed anything new or groundbreaking. However, I could see it being a useful tool for someone who doesn't know that much about environmentally-friendly living and sustainability.
Tamara
Nov 08, 2007 Tamara rated it it was ok
Shelves: green, non-fiction
Besides the fact that I am now convinced that I know everything there is to know about "going green", this book was too text heavy. Getting people to go green means you have to make it as simple as possible, and reading this extremely long book with no pictures or bullet points is not simple.

Alison
Apr 10, 2014 Alison rated it really liked it
A very interesting book about living life greener. From baby and kids products to vehicles, from housing to investments and charities, this book is fourteen chapters of tips and ideas for living a life that is better for the health of us and the planet.
Karen
Jan 04, 2009 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Lots of useful information that applies to everyday life. Each chapter pertains to a different aspect of life. So while the children section didn't apply to me, the pet section gave me lots of food for thought!
Jessica Zu
Aug 04, 2011 Jessica Zu rated it really liked it
I love the section about green investing. That's my weakest aspect of knowledge. I guess I'll learn from this book, and little by little, I will get better at it. This is a book worth reading over and over again, just to remind me to become greener every day :)
Sunday
Jul 15, 2015 Sunday rated it it was ok
Shelves: xown, goodreads, half
On page 13, they list the top ten contaminated foods, including meatloaf. That's a recipe, not an ingredient, so I'm feeling a bit shady about their research. They cite the Organic Trade Association. Maybe I'll look that up. I'm going to stop reading it.
Brandie
Oct 19, 2012 Brandie rated it really liked it
Good book. Lots of good tips and info. Some of the stats shocked me and a great book (I think) to read if you are just trying to be more green or become even more green than you are
Brooke
Jul 26, 2007 Brooke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Scared the crap out of me. Do you realize all the cancer-causing agents in practically EVERYTHING we come in contact with? Quite the education.
Melissa
Dec 15, 2007 Melissa rated it it was ok
Overwhelming. Certainly could be better laid-out to make the tips seem more feasible and the information more memorable.
Laura Owen
Laura Owen rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Mary Pike
Mary Pike rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Lyndon
Lyndon rated it it was ok
Sep 01, 2014
Kristin
Kristin rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2008
Wwdpjd
Wwdpjd rated it did not like it
Nov 24, 2014
Brandon
Brandon rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2007
Dynise
Dynise rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2008
Amber Dickey
Amber Dickey rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Leanne
Leanne rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2010
Jendi
Jendi rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2008
Mehrunissa Owens
Mehrunissa Owens rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2015
mai suwansumrit
mai suwansumrit rated it really liked it
May 21, 2008
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2007
Christy Bradley
Christy Bradley rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2012
Tracy
May 03, 2008 Tracy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: greenies, people who want to do more than just eco-friendly lightbulbs
a little boring, but a good resource. kind of annoying, though, sometimes.
Abigail
Abigail rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2011
Brittany Flittner
Brittany Flittner rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2015
Susanna
Susanna rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Living Like Ed: One Man's Guide to Living an Environmentally Friendly Life
  • The Lazy Environmentalist: Your Guide to Easy, Stylish, Green Living
  • Simple Prosperity: Finding Real Wealth in a Sustainable Lifestyle
  • Easy Green Living: The Ultimate Guide to Simple, Eco-Friendly Choices for You and Your Home
  • Clean House Clean Planet
  • Slice of Organic Life
  • Living Green: A Practical Guide to Simple Sustainability
  • The Green Book: The Everyday Guide to Saving the Planet One Simple Step at a Time
  • Go Green, Live Rich: 50 Simple Ways to Save the Earth and Get Rich Trying
  • Little House on a Small Planet: Simple Homes, Cozy Retreats, and Energy Efficient Possibilities
  • Farewell, My Subaru: An Epic Adventure in Local Living
  • Ecoholic Home: The Greenest, Cleanest and Most Energy-Efficient Information Under One (Canadian) Roof
  • The Better World Handbook: Small Changes That Make a Big Difference
  • On Good Land: The Autobiography of an Urban Farm
  • Green, Greener, Greenest: A Practical Guide to Making Eco-Smart Choices a Part of Your Life
  • It's Easy Being Green: A Handbook for Earth-Friendly Living
  • Big Green Purse: Use Your Spending Power to Create a Cleaner, Greener World
  • Living The Good Life: How One Family Changed Their World From Their Own Backyard