How To Be A Wicked Woman

How To Be A Wicked Woman (Wicked Women)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  326 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The Wicked Witch Of The West Side - Mary Janice Davidson New York publisher Karen Desjardin has been driven to fits of temperamental insanity by clueless bean-counters and bad writing. The only person who isn't afraid of Karen is her publishing house's best selling romance star-Hope Desiree LaFrance, a.k.a. hunky writer Steven McCord. And he has a few plans to redeem his w...more
Published August 1st 2004 by Kensington

Courtney
Oddly enough, the one author that I'd read and enjoyed previously was the one that I enjoyed reading the least in this collection of three short stories. There was far too much dialogue that was trying so hard to be snappy and witty that it came off as completely unnatural. That combined with a few serious out-of-character comments and actions really left me disappointed.

All three were all right, with the second and the third stories being the better, but all together? It was just meh. I think...more
"The Wicked Witch of the West Side" is short and funny, just what I needed on a bad day. "Instruction in Seduction" is a hot read that later touches emotional buttons that some full-length stories even miss. "Wicked Ways" may be a little unrealistic but has a charm and heat that entertains and entices.
Chinablue_25 West Bostedor
Ok so the first story by Mary Janice Davidson had me rolling my eyes. Sorry but when a guy tells you that the two of you are going to get married and have grandchildren and then follows it with a FIRST kiss (not even on a date...working together) YOU RUN!

The second story I LOVED. By Jamie Denton. About two cops who are partners and the woman starts asking her male partner for help in the bedroom because she had yet another guy break up with her claiming she is lousy in bed. Jackson is sweet, pa...more
Michelle Wardhaugh
Three stories by three authors:

"The Wicked Witch of the West Side" by MaryJanice Davidson = frickin' hilarious. I even laughed while exercising and reading at the same time, and those that know me, know how much I loathe exercising;

"Instruction in Seduction" by Jamie Denton = not bad but slightly uncomfortable in the beginning with an inappropriate relationship and then excessive emotional baggage in the end;

"Wicked Ways" by Susanna Carr = hot stuff with a plot shaped like a roller coaster ri...more
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
I'll eventually come back and finish my thoughts but I just wanted to say:
this book was awesome! For some reason it was awesome. I really can't remember what this book was about, whoops, but I have the lingering feeling that this book is awesome! Because I read "How to be a Wicked Woman", I got dragged into my anthologies phase/haze/obsession of "Wicked Women" and "Bad Boys", yumm... *lascivious wink*
Amy
I chose this book from the bookstore shelves by the look of the cover. I thought it would be an "easy, fun" read. The stories were fun, but the conent was a bit more graphic than what I was looking for when choosing the book.
Christy Stewart
I put the book down the moment in the first story were the dude literally had a heart attack when the leading lady was nice to him.

How clever and hilarious. It was the lame joke that broke this bitch's back.
Mireille
TOTAL FLUFF & A WASTE OF TIME.
She’s only good at the urban fantasy/romance/comedy books... any time she veers off that style, it is terrible.
Paula Mitchell
The 1st story was good
The 2nd story was even better
The 3rd story was awesome
I love books with graphic sex scenes and this book delivered
Fun - Light - Fluff. I love these anthologies as they introduce me to other writers - so I am really kind of hooked on them.
Lori Whitwam
Fun, naughty stories (3). The first, by MaryJanice Davidson was my favorite. Reading her gets me in the mood to write, too.
Angie
Very easy reading and very light erotica. Good introductory book for those seeking out erotica for the first time.
Patti
I got bored with this one.

First story was OK, second story was a little less OK, third story was just boring.
Patrice
Instruction to Seduction - C+
Wicked Ways - C+
Wicked Witch of West Side - B-
Julie
A fun set of short, steamy romances. Nice light summer reading.
Shannon
I liked the first two stories. The last one not so much.
Brenda Haven
Only read the MaryJanice Davidson story.
Samantha
These were amusing stories - fun and silly.
Gosia
Some good short stories ; )
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Sandi Shaw
Sandi Shaw marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
  • Bad Boys With Expensive Toys
  • Merry Christmas, Baby
  • Perfect For The Beach
  • Kick Ass (Warlord, #2)
  • Men at Work
  • Secrets: Volume 6 (Secrets Volume, #6; Wyndham Werwolf, #1)
  • Baddest Bad Boys
  • Mysteria Nights (Mysteria)
  • Bewitched, Bothered & BeVampyred
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • Who Ran My Underwear Up The Flagpole
  • Stroke of Midnight
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series. She is both a New York Times and USA Today bestseller. She won a 2004 Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award and was nominated for the same award in 2005.

MaryJanice's Facebook page:

More about MaryJanice Davidson...
Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4) Undead and Unappreciated (Undead, #3) Undead and Unpopular (Undead, #5)