Start by marking “Developing the Curriculum” as Want to Read:
Developing the Curriculum

Developing the Curriculum

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This edition is full of references to classic and contemporary curriculum writings, providing a synthesis of historic and contemporary principles and practices associated with creating an effective curriculum. Oliva also introduces a model that combines curriculum and instruction and explores issues and challenges at each stage.
Published January 10th 2008 by Allyn & Bacon (first published December 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Developing the Curriculum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Developing the Curriculum

Philip
Like all the books I'm reading for my graduate degree there was some great stuff, but I've talked about it so much that I don't feel like writing about it.

The book does a nice job of defining and explaining what is meant by a curriculum, how the ideas and development have changed over the years, and where education is going.

(For instance, when people talk about "the curriculum" they could mean the lessons themselves, the material for the lessons, the unit, the subject, the order, any mix of thos
Ruben
Jul 06, 2011 Ruben rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
It's not like I read this for laughs. It's serious stuff. The writing style sometimes distracts from the oodles of information with odd attempts at eliciting new metaphors or imagery regarding the development of a school curriculum. Despite that, a lot of research and deep thought went into the writing of this book. Not an easy task, and I commend the author for his efforts.
Deana Kay
Hmmmmm, only 2.71 stars on goodreads? Not a great sign. I don't have a choice, though. I'll be reading it whether I find it interesting and engaging or not.
Rebecca
Someone is in school and must slog through this while more interesting books must wait there turn!
Kristen
Horrible and boring on SO many levels. Yet, informative...
Mariela
Mariela marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Ratna Ekawati
Ratna Ekawati marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Phakoana Phakoe
Phakoana Phakoe marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Ayu
Ayu added it
Nov 04, 2014
Yevina Reni
Yevina Reni marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Ninda
Ninda marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Berkay Çelik
Berkay Çelik marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Sulistianur13
Sulistianur13 marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Nashrudin
Nashrudin marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Ebrahimi
Ebrahimi marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Diach Pratiwi
Diach Pratiwi marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Supervision For Today's Schools Supervision for Today's Schools Developing the Curriculum (8th Edition) (Allyn & Bacon Educational Leadership) Developing the Curriculum, Student Value Edition Supervision for Today's Schools