Start by marking “Center Point” as Want to Read:
Center Point

Center Point

A list of names, an old map, and a drawing of a Native American warrior named Komaket: These are the items professional student, Dennis Kozma, receives on his twenty-fifth birthday. They are gifts from his father, who died fifteen years earlier. Unfortunately, Dennis' memory is tainted by accusations that his father defrauded their town before his death.

The map leads Denni
Published October 11th 2016 by Indigo Sea Press (first published September 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Center Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Center Point

Danielle
Oct 22, 2013 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
R. M. Clark's debut adult novel, Center Point, is a charming mystery embroiled in history. Dennis Kozma is a charming young man, given a quest by his dead father to clear his name. Soon, it becomes apparent that there is more to the story than just his father's good name.

The secondary characters are both charming and diabolical. Dennis' stepfather, Stan, particularly, is a piece of work.

Clark's voice is wonderful and make the story a very fast read. If I had one complaint, it was that in areas t
Wennie
Mar 29, 2014 Wennie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Review of Center Point by R.M. Clark
Reviewed by Wennie Conedy
<3 <3 <3

An eBook was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Dennis Kozma embarks on a mission of discovery. With a list of names, an old map and a drawing of an Indian warrior that he received from his late father on his 25th birthday, Kozma has no clue on what he is looking for. All he knows is that if his left him these clues, he needs to figure out what they may lead him to. Plus, he may just find the information that
Haley Whitehall
May 13, 2015 Haley Whitehall rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am very happy to have been given a chance to read Center Point by R.M. Clark! I love National Treasure and Indiana Jones and stories searching to uncover historical mysteries. Center Point was different than the typical quest for truth. The main character, Dennis, is a slacker/professional student who, on his 25th birthday, is given a mysterious package from his late father containing a list of names, along with drawings of Native American artifacts and a portrait of a legendary local warrior ...more
Marika Charalambous
Full book review on my blog.

Center Point is the debut ‘grown up’ novel of the author R. M. Clark. I was given an eBook copy by the author with the request to read and review. I do love adventure novels, so I took it with me on my holidays abroad to read.

The story evolves around Dennis Kozma, who is basically wasting his time, life and his father’s money on college education, not really knowing what to do with his life and not really comes, he gets a visit from one of his dad’s friends, who gives
Diane Coto
Aug 09, 2015 Diane Coto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dennis (Koz) Kozma was celebrating his 25th birthday at O’Reardon’s sports bar with his two best friends, Jed and Tom. Gene Clausen introduced himself as Norm Kozma’s attorney. Norm was Dennis’ father who had passed away fifteen years prior. Clausen had been instructed to present a package to Dennis on this 25th birthday. The package contained an old map of the town with cemetery plots shaded in; a charcoal drawing of Native American Komaket; drawings of a necklace and staff; and a photocopy of ...more
Cathy Ryan
Jul 25, 2014 Cathy Ryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Even though he’s been dead for fifteen years, Dennis Kozma’s father comes back into his life in the form of some papers he’s left for his son to open on his twenty-fifth birthday. Along with his best friends, Tom and Jed, and his Uncle Russell, Dennis sets out to uncover the mystery of the Native American legend, Komaket, and to clear his father’s name of embezzlement charges.

It was intriguing to follow the mystery from Dennis’ point of view, how the clues were worked through, where the
Aly
Jul 06, 2014 Aly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing for this book was really well done. It was easy to follow the story and there weren't a bunch of stumbling points. If you didn't understand something than it was likely to be explained. The only thing that bothered me in the book is how the drawing filled itself in and then disappeared. I sort of think I understand the explanation but still it was slightly confusing to me.

However Dennis was a great character. The "professional student" he seems almost afraid to finish his education
Amber
Jul 30, 2014 Amber rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had no idea what I was expecting from this book (maybe a National Treasure sort of vibe) but the book ended up being more of a Wicker Man type of book. Holy plot twists, Batman. I am so glad I stuck with it because it turned out to be a really good read. When I reached the second half of the book... I could not put it down. At all.

The main character is trying to put together a crazy puzzle (names, a map, and a portrait of a Native American warrior) his father gave to him on his 25th birthday (
Jeannel
Sep 06, 2013 Jeannel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
Gripping, fast-paced thriller for fans of National Treasure or the Raven Boys. Professional student Dennis is thrown into a family mystery at his 25th birthday, when his efforts to clear his father's name uncover a dark conspiracy beneath the surface of his picturesque New England hometown. Center Point will appeal to adult, teen, and new adult readers.
Tom Bryde
Mar 11, 2014 Tom Bryde rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Old folklore, maps, mystery, history and suspense all collide on these pages, making it a book you will not want to put down.
Mary Cote
Mary Cote rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2014
AmandaLyn Donogal
AmandaLyn Donogal rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
Jennifer Walkup
Jennifer Walkup rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2013
Colby Marshall
Colby Marshall rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2014
R.M. Clark
Jan 03, 2015 R.M. Clark added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cyndy Aleo
Cyndy Aleo marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2013
Tracey
Tracey added it
Apr 19, 2015
Vanessa Garden
Vanessa Garden marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Tiffany York
Tiffany York marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Jenna Nelson
Jenna Nelson marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Deborah Gray
Deborah Gray marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Tina Moss
Tina Moss marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Kemuel Faith
Kemuel Faith marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Sweeneyt
Sweeneyt marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015