Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)

Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery #4)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  232 ratings  ·  21 reviews
When Annie leaves the safety of her old bank job to become the full-time manager of her boyfriend's restaurant, what's meant to be the first day of the rest of her life might be the last day of someone else?s.
Published December 2nd 2008 by Berkley (first published December 1st 2008)

Teena in Toronto
This is the fourth in the Cooking Class Series ... I finished the first one on Sunday. You don't need to have read the others to know what's going on ... things from the other books are mentioned but not in great deal so as to not give too much away.

As in the first book, I still don't understand why she and her friend, Eve, are encouraged to investigate murder. Annie is a teller turned office manager of a restaurant and Eve worked in a department store and is now the hostess of the restaurant. T...more
Starfish
Part of a series that combines cooking and death! Two great tastes that go great together.

This was light, enjoyable fluff, but I felt cheated by the fact that the mystery aspect led to a guy that we'd never even heard of -- lots of people we'd never heard of. I guess it feels like cheating when the solution is something that is entirely out of the reader's ability to predict -- Chandler's a bit that way, but at least with Chandler you get given the likely suspects introduced to you and you can...more
Leeankh
Even though I figured out who the bad guy was very early on, I didn't know his motive or other very important details until much later. I feel bad for Jacques because that character has been squeezed for more story lines than I would have thought possible. Yet, I still like the series. I really like Annie, Jim, and Eve overall. I was a little disappointed with how Eve was portrayed during one scene at the end, but it wasn't enough to affect my overall impression. If I could talk to the author, h...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
4th in the series about Annie & Eve, best friends that solve mysteries in their spare time..well, sometimes it gets in the way of their jobs. This installment finds Annie working at the Bellywasher's full time after deciding to quit her job at the bank. Her ex shows up (turns out he is divorcing the woman he left her for and might want to rekindle something) and Jacques who create Vavoom! has gone missing when his employee Greg was killed in the shop.

I wasn't sure when I read the first book...more
Shannon
This was another great book in this series. The 4th book. I so look forward to the 5th book. I love Annie's character because she is so easy for many woman to relate to. I also like her friend Eve she is funny. The regular characters are all likable. This was a nice mystery. Not too complicated not too simple either. I would recommend this to any lover of cozy mysteries.
Diane Heath
This is the first of this series I have read even though it is #4 in the series. It has few slow points and one quickly grows fond of Annie. The disadvantage is that when I locate and read the first 3 books I will know the backstory of one of her friends. It is that backstory that creates the plot and is what Annie has to investigate to solve a murder.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I really enjoyed this book. It has a mystery within a mystery and that truly drives the action of the book. I was pleased with the ending as well.

I'm new to this series but I won't be a stranger from now on.

A good murder mystery.
Brigette
Annie was a little clueless in this one (really, how long did that black sedan have to follow her around?) but it's a good stepping stone in this series. A decent cozy, although I'd like to see Jim fleshed out a little more.
Rebecca
Pretty decent mystery with a main character who likes to investigate on her own. The only problem- series name is "Cooking Class Mystery" but really the story has very little to do with a cooking class.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Oh la la! This one is all about Monsieur and the life he lived before he became a chef. Let's just say Annie figures it all out. Good mystery and light fluffy romance to boot.
Kellie
Another fun cozy cooking mystery. I wish they'd go back to calling Jacques by that name rather than Norman, though. They switched much, much too easily!
Christine
Another good, quick read. I was shocked at what Jacques was doing with his product- sneaky. Things are progressing with Annie and Jim.
Elaine
A lot of fun, mostly improbable, but what the heck? Think I'll have to find Dead Men Don't Get the Munchies. :)
Paula
This one had a very good story and I LOVED the end!! I look forward to the next one.
Nancy H
This is a cute entry into the Cooking Class Mystery series by Miranda Bliss.
Jill
An ok book. If I stumble across another in the series, I may pick it up.
Sara
I love Annie and Eve! This series just gets better with each book!
Robin Kaplan
Fun, quick read
PWRL
Nov 09, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Irene Nolan
Irene Nolan marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Rachel Starnes
Rachel Starnes marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Sunshine
Sunshine marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Angie
Angie is currently reading it
Apr 07, 2014
Ebook
Ebook marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
  • Goody Goody Gunshots (A Candy Shop Mystery, #4)
  • A Catered Wedding (A Mystery with Recipes, #2)
  • The Chocolate Bear Burglary (A Chocoholic Mystery #2)
  • Fed Up (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #4)
  • Rotten to the Core (Orchard Mystery, #2)
  • Drop Dead Chocolate (Donut Shop Mystery #7)
  • Espresso Shot (Coffeehouse Mystery, #7)
  • Sympathy for the Devil (Madeline Bean, #1)
  • The Piper On the Mountain (Felse, #5)
  • G'Day to Die (Passport to Peril,  #5)
120832
A pseudonym used by Constance Laux.

Casey Daniels, it can now be revealed, is also Miranda Bliss. As Casey, she once applied for a job as a tour guide at a historic cemetery. She didn't get the job, but she did get the idea for the Pepper Martin Mystery Series about a cemetery tour guide who finds she can communicate with the permanent residents. The fifth in the series, Dead Man Talking, came out...more
More about Miranda Bliss...
Cooking Up Murder (A Cooking Class Mystery, #1) Murder on the Menu (A Cooking Class Mystery, #2) Dead Men Don't Get the Munchies (A Cooking Class Mystery, #3) Murder Has a Sweet Tooth (A Cooking Class Mystery, #5) Murder on the Menu: A Cooking Class Mystery