Start by marking “Ballet Sisters: The Duckling And The Swan” as Want to Read:
Ballet Sisters: The Duckling And The Swan

Ballet Sisters: The Duckling And The Swan

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The first book in a fun new series about two sisters who love ballet!

Little Sylvie likes to play dress-up and dance in the garden with her big sister. But Sylvie is too young for ballet class. And Sylvie does NOT want to be an elf in games of pretend.

When an unintentional haircut leaves Sylvie's hair too short for braids, big sister comes to the rescue by creating a set of
Published February 1st 2007 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Ballet Sisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ballet Sisters

Bea at Ballet by Rachel IsadoraVampirina Ballerina by Anne Marie PaceThe Nutcracker by E.T.A. HoffmannBelinda the Ballerina by Amy YoungFancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet by Jane O'Connor
Picture books for young ballerinas
72nd out of 75 books — 18 voters
Flora and the Flamingo by Molly IdleMax by Rachel IsadoraLong Powwow Nights by David BouchardFootwork by Roxane OrgillChasing Degas by Eva Montanari
Picture Books About Dance
107th out of 107 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

A cute little story though not quite as much dancing as I was hoping for. The focus is more on the big sister/little sister relationship and how the little one wants to do what the big one can do but she isn't quite ready yet. But the older sister helps her along, all the same. Sweet, but nothing overly magical here.
Edward Creter
Two sisters love ballet and each other, despite the idiosyncracies that go with being siblings. It's not just volume one of a cute series: it's the start of a beautiful friendship. With books.
I thought this one was cute! It's not super-duper special, but it's a sweet little story about sisters.
Just sweet. I felt like I was reading a story about my girls and their relationship.
This book was about ballet sisters. When the ballet sisters got home, they played dress up. Sylvie didn't want to be an elf. The big sister was the fairy queen. They danced. And in the last story they went to ballet class.

I thought it was so fun. My favorite part was when Sylvie cuts her hair.
It was whatever I read it to my little sister from her library. Nothing too special but good for kids. I feel like the main sister was always mean to Silvie her little sister. They tried to end the boook with a sweet sister bonding moment but the older one was still being mean
Similar to the first book, as it should be in a series. Realistic.
Nov 06, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
This is a collection of three short stories that are closely tied together to form a fun little tale. Sylvie and her older sister play dress up, get ready for ballet class and go to the class. It's a nice story about sisters.
The illustrations were pretty. I liked it because one sister was a swan and one sister was a duckling.
the big sister in this book is a good example of what you should be like. both sisters are imaginative.
I love the Ballet Sisters! The story of a little sister and a big sister, trying to be alike and different.
I liked the sweet relationship between the two sisters. My 2.5 year old liked this book too.
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Leanne added it
Jul 06, 2015
Ksenia SquashLady
Ksenia SquashLady marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Kaethe marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Barbara Lemere
Barbara Lemere marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Lihi added it
Feb 24, 2015
Sydney Tan
Sydney Tan marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Dian Prasetya
Dian Prasetya marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Wyatt Rose
Wyatt Rose is currently reading it
Feb 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jan Ormerod grew up in the small towns of Western Australia, with three older sisters, and as a child she drew constantly and compulsively. She went to art school and studied drawing, painting and sculpture. After completing her degree, Jan become an Associate of the Western Australian Institute of Technology and Design in Education, taught in secondary schools on enrichment programmes, and lectur ...more
More about Jan Ormerod...
Maudie and Bear The Baby Swap If You're Happy and You Know It Sunshine Molly and Her Dad