Start by marking “Her Perfect Revenge” as Want to Read:
Her Perfect Revenge

Her Perfect Revenge

3.76  ·  Rating Details ·  2,165 Ratings  ·  184 Reviews

Revenge is sweet… or is it?

Christina Matteo had a humiliating prank pulled on her in high school by rich, party boy Bill Havenwood. It changed her whole life and she never forgot it—or him!

Older, wiser and tougher, she meets him again years later and decides to get even. She wants revenge and comes up with a perfect plan. But things don't go her way when she stupidly cra

Published February 19th 2008

To ask other readers questions about Her Perfect Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Perfect Revenge

Valerie
Oct 23, 2011 Valerie rated it did not like it
This is quite literally one of the worst books I've ever read. It's one of those books where the 2 main characters can't stand each other but rip each other's clothes off whenever they have the chance.

You might wonder why, if I thought it was so bad,I actually finished the book. Well, the editing appears to have been done by an 8th grade student who is failing English, and the grammar errors were so frequent and obvious that it was fun to keep reading just to see what was going to show up next.
Alexa
Jan 31, 2013 Alexa rated it did not like it
The are no words to describe the horror that is this book.

I thought that the blurb for the story looked good, so much so that I downloaded it for £2.55 on to my Kindle.
That's £2.55 that I will never get back. Neither will I get back the time spent reading the damn thing.
If only I had bought the paper back copy, at least then I could have used it for something useful, such as hampster bedding.

The only nearly redeeming quality of the story was the hero's father - he was mildly, if not repetitiv
Julie
Apr 14, 2011 Julie rated it it was amazing
I read Her Perfect Revenge in one day, I couldn't put it down. Holy Mackerel was this an emotional ride! This book is a perfect example of the push and pull attraction between characters that I love so much. The main characters, Bill and Christina, have so much heat and friction without even being a couple. Loved that! There is banter, wit, fighting, backbone, back stabbing, conniving; I could go on...all leading to a very satisfying end. BUT, the author makes you and the main characters work fo ...more
(ツ) Hache
Jan 02, 2013 (ツ) Hache rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I actually liked this book, the banter between the two had me cracking up.

I especially loved all the good and bad name calling they all used for each other like bastard, bozo, swine, creep, bum, rat bastard, maggot etc and the good ones used like, Darling, honey bunch, pumpkin pie, sweetie and lots more plus all the sexual tension was fun to read.

Also loved Bills jealousy and love for her, it was cute to read, especially when she had that fake boyfriend and he got all mad. funny!
Ivy Deluca
The Premise
Boy and girl meet in high school when drunk boy pulls horrible prank on girl. Girl never forgets and ends up seeking revenge against boy 16 years later. Highly melodramatic hijinks ensue.

The Good
It was free on Amazon. I liked the hero, Bill and thought he was trying to sincerely change. The premise was decent and I usually enjoy fake engagement leads to real feelings stories. It had a very soapy quality to the story, which again, I have a weakness for.

The Bad and Annoying, or Annoying
Shonnie
Jun 17, 2011 Shonnie rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-book
This was a $.99 book on Kindle. it had a good start until the heroine grew up (in age). Mentally, this was another pill of a character. She got on my LAST nerve so bad that I had to skip pages (chapters). My initial thought was my 12 yr old niece wrote this book. The language was juvenile at best (ex. Bozo, Idiot, Scumbag). Who uses language like that. Maybe I just insulted my niece because I believe she has more talent than this book displayed.

Another thorn in my side was the fact that if the h
Jane Stewart
Ah! What a treat! This is a book full of witty surprises and laughter.

I need to divide the book into two parts for my review.

THE FIRST THREE QUARTERS OF THE BOOK (I will call the "First Part"):
I was doubled over with laughter many, many times. I didn't want to stop reading. There are three people trying to deceive each other and/or keep secrets from each other. It makes for great conflict. And, what makes it great is that they each have good reasons for what they are doing. I am sympathetic to a
Tiffany
Jan 01, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was ok
This book was hard to read and rate. I liked it (just barely) but I hated it more. The premise was interesting enough but at the same time the whole aspect of revenge turns me off. It always blows up in someones face. Surprisingly enough I gave it a chance.

Now, let's talk about the bad...

Christina

Just reading about her pisses me off.

What Bill did to her was sad but not enough for her to do what she did. Her actions were completely unjustified. This was for something that happened like a decade
Frana
Mar 25, 2011 Frana rated it it was amazing
I was recently contacted by a new author Anna Mara with a request to review her book - HER PERFECT REVENGE. I accepted, of course, and took a journey 519 pages long. And it was very exciting I can promise you that. I’ve met three fabulous people there - Christina Matteo, Bill Havenwood and William Havenwood Sr. Oh, they made me laugh and I can tell you that I don’t remember the last time any book did this to me. They also made me feel and think about the concept of revenge.

But let’s start at the
Urs
Jun 07, 2011 Urs rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book was my second try at one of those 99-cent books that often shows up in the kindle bestseller list with good ratings. I borrowed it on booklending.com, though.

The main character in this book was the butt of a practical joke in her teens, and, as a result, she forms a lifelong hate for the guy responsible. When she encounters the prankster around sixteen years later in life, she decides to enact a plan of revenge. She starts stalking him to find out what she can use to sink him.
Heather
Jul 25, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
On a scale from 1 to 5, this book was a 10. This book is filled with scams that will have you laughing and shaking your head. You have Bill, who is being cut off from his father, blackmailing Christina into being his 'fiancee' for a month til he can figure how to get back in good graces with his old man. Christina goes along with it, it gives her the perfect chance to get back at Bill for a horrible prank he played on her back in high school (and keep in mind, he doesn't even recognizes her and ...more
Snehal
Apr 19, 2013 Snehal rated it really liked it
The book is one of the most hilarious and twist and turns book i have ever read. hats off to the author for writing such an awesome novel . The characters seem real and it seems like you are a part of the book
THE BEST SCENE WAS THE FOOD FIGHT SCENE :D :D
Charan
Jun 13, 2011 Charan rated it it was amazing
Totally loved this book from page 1.

Revenge. Is it sweet or is it a dish best served cold? I loved the smart witty comments and humor in this book. I had a smile most of the time I was reading this book.

I totally understand the motive behind Christina and I wondered if I would do the same. She had a opportunity to humiliate Bill who humiliated her in high school. But by second chapter you began to sympathize with Bill. William is a overbearing father where as Bill is a ex-drunk who lives to spen
D.L. Williams
Mar 04, 2014 D.L. Williams rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Her perfect revenge: I did not enjoy this book at all. I’m not sure why it was called a laugh out loud Romance? The first 10% is absolute misandry. What a pathetic character this author is creating, I know, I know, Mara is creating a terrible story so that she can work magic at the end, but even with the sad events that happened to the main character, I have no sympathy for her, (for instance, she slams her beater into the back of a Ferrari and smashes it, then stands there laughing about it, an ...more
Laura's Book Addiction
Jul 25, 2011 Laura's Book Addiction rated it it was amazing
The best 86p that I have ever spent. Such a great book well worth the read.
Andrea
Jul 11, 2011 Andrea rated it liked it
Great storyline (would make a great movie), but the bad writing is incredibly distracting.
SandraBarg
Jan 11, 2017 SandraBarg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Sweet Read

This story was not as funny as I expected, but it was good. The characters had multiple problems with each other, but of course worked them out. The supporting characters were funny and the writing was good. I would recommend this book.
Tina
Aug 16, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it
This books is, I think, either one you will love or one you will hate (rather like oysters!) I don't think there is any middle ground with it. Personally I loved it! I laughed out loud so many times that my hubby was giving me strange looks and I had to read him the sections that had caused said reaction and even he then laughed!

OK so the grammar and spelling could have been better (this is usually a huge turn off for me) BUT the story had me so gripped that, for once, I could forgive the author
Shadow
Misleading Description

This is not a laugh out loud romantic comedy. You actually need a laugh to get that moniker and let me tell you: I didn't laugh once.

The first thing that drove me crazy is that it just doesn't make sense. Oh sure I can buy a revenge story for the reasons outlined even I personally think it's kind of lame I do get it, but that's where it stops. Everything that follows is complete crap. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who does decide to read it, but let's just say I don't
Ryan
Apr 08, 2012 Ryan rated it it was amazing
~Three words.. Her Perfect Revenge -- a definite emotional roller-coaster~

Lets start with the main characters: Bill, a rich, arrogant playboy jerk who basks in his father's riches and will stop at nothing to remain there - even get married.

And Christina, a photojournalist who is hell bent on extracting her revenge on Bill, who humiliated her immensely during her freshman year which forced her i
Maryam
Also reviewed on the blog: http://gloriousbooks.blogspot.com/201...
I fell in love with this story from the get go.

I turned out to be a lot more than I was expecting to say the least. It was an easy, fun read that had relatable characters, a realistic plot and great, fun writing.

It did get a little clichéd at times but I thought it added to the story as a whole and sort of balanced out the times when it got a little more on the upsetting side…when things weren’t going the character’s way!

Her Perf
Carisa
Nov 21, 2011 Carisa rated it really liked it
I believe this book will appeal to many readers, but personally I disliked most of heroine’s actions, didn’t find the H/h relationship romantic or passionate and didn’t like this author’s writing style. Furthermore, what was supposed to be a romantic comedy story, switched to heavy drama by the last quarter and such incoherence in tone really bothered me. My rating only reflects what I think of the book quality; in my books spreadsheet I rated it 2 stars.
HERO is not clearly defined, switching fr
Sandra Oliveira
Nov 19, 2013 Sandra Oliveira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite novel i've read lately!
Got love a girl that not afraid of speak her mind and throw...stuff at men! LOL
Love Christina, the way she knows she's falling for Bill and keeps fighting it is just cute ans sweet.
There's no way not to like Bill... Hes caring and tender to Christina even when she's being so mean to him and calling him names.
Even though you're desperate for Christina to give in and for their first time together i was so not expecting the way it finally happened.
This book also spea
Jessica
this book is about a girl named Christina who got bullied when she was young by a guy named bill. life in life Bill is a rich man working for his father who is well known. Christina bumps into him and she wants to get revenge for what Bill has put her through when she was young. Bill dosent remember her so it make s her revenge easier for her. This is a good book and it dose teach you some life lessons. Being bullied as a young girl will always stay with you for the rest of your life. ITs hard t ...more
Kimmarie
Jul 24, 2013 Kimmarie rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit-faves
definitely enjoyed this - consumed it in less than 24 hours

These group of characters put the FUN in Dysfunctional.

I love the banter and I love seeing things from William's point of view at times. ESPECIALLY in the beginning - the old coot! I like him and he is an amoral business greedy man. I am surprised how much I like him.

Christina I want to smack at times - how ever reading what happened to her at age 14 - I can't blame her for carrying a grudge and wanting revenge.
Janell
Aug 31, 2013 Janell rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
This book read like a high school girl's homeroom fantasy about the school bully put to paper - juvenile and reaching, always reaching, to show that extra spark there just under the surface (but whoops wait they hate each other).

I'm sorry, I was bullied in high school for being the fat geek and this is not remotely a scenario I could concoct for revenge.
LLCSpokane
Mar 27, 2013 LLCSpokane rated it it was ok
Shelves: revenge, 2013-reads
2.5*
This read had revenge, major misunderstandings and humor. It was better than ok but stretched out too long to be a 3* read. I didn't want to quit reading but kept wishing the author would just get on with it.
Hodan
Jun 11, 2011 Hodan rated it did not like it
I liked the idea of the plot but the writing was HORRIBLE!!!!! i don't understand how a writer with so little a talent got published? who the hell did she bribe or buy to get a book published??
I give it a .5/5

DON'T read it it's NOT worth the headache!!!
Kiki
Sep 05, 2014 Kiki rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
The heroine was simply appalling. She was emotionally all over the place. I don't think they could have ever really loved each other. They were both terrible.
Cullen Confection
Jul 19, 2011 Cullen Confection rated it it was amazing
Good read, kept my attention and a great story line that was believable.
  • Holding Out For Skye
  • The Species Within (Battles in the Dark, #1)
  • Worst Week Ever (A Long Road to Love, #1)
  • Fiance by Fate (Anyone But You, #1)
  • Taming the Tycoon
  • The One Who Got Away
  • Who’s Holding the Baby? (Salvatore Brothers. #1)
  • Woman in a Sheikh's World (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #2)
  • Seduced
  • A Reputation For Revenge (Princes Untamed, #2)
  • Charity (Virtue, #3)
  • The Devil's Temptation
  • An Eye for an Eye: Zach & Katie's Story (Redwood Falls, #2)
  • Contract Of Shame (Unlikely Love #2)
  • Mad About the Man (The Graysons, #3)
  • When Angels Fall
  • The Billionaire's Con
  • Baby, Oh Baby!
I’ve been writing for a few years now, having studied screenwriting at a well known film school. I’ve always loved creating romantic comedy stories and wanting to try my hand at penning a novel, I decided to turn one of my screenplays into a book. HER PERFECT REVENGE was born and I discovered that I loved that format of writing even more than writing for film.

HER PERFECT REVENGE is my first novel.
More about Anna Mara...