Start by marking “Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)

Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul #2)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  5,462 ratings  ·  356 reviews
As her own magical powers awaken along with the growing darkness covering the land, Elly must discover who her true father is and whether the man she is destined to love can accept her real identity, in this follow-up to "Lord of the Fading Lands." Original.
Hardcover, Large Print, 619 pages
Published July 18th 2008 by Thorndike Press - Large Print (first published October 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Lady of Light and Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady of Light and Shadows

Kristalia
Final rating: ★★★★☆/★★★★★

“My heart has followed where my soul has led. Ke vo san, Ellysetta. I love you.”

This book was full of plot twists and actions - in the last 40% of the book. Until then, the pace was a bit slow like in the first book. When I read this book, I understood why people said it was a high fantasy for women - in a way, it is. It's mostly focused on romance, but it also has amazing world building.

In the first book, we were introduced to Eld Mages, Tairen and Fey races and hu
Zeek
Second in C. L. Wilson's impressive Tairen Soul series, I couldn't get this one read fast enough. (At one point I was so anxious to see what happens next, I had to actually take a deep breath and slow myself down!)

Starting right where the first, (Lord of The Fading Lands), left off, we are thrust back into the intricately woven world Wilson has created, with every page an entertaining revelation.

The courtship between Ellysetta Baristani and the Fey Lord Rain, is moving along at a fast clip, but
Tina
This book picks up right where Lord of the Fading Lands left off. Ellie is still participating in all the pre-wedding observances, the minion of the Eld Mage is still running around in various incarnations fomenting chaos, Rain is still trying to convince everyone the Eld Mages are returning to rain their dark magical terror and the fey are still surrounding Ellie in force trying to protect her.

The strengths and weaknesses of the first book are still evident in this follow up. This makes utter s
Romancekolik

Bu yorum aynı zamanda Romancekolikte yayınlanmıştır.

Yorumumu okumadan önce ilk kitaptaki görüşlerimi okursanız, kurguyu daha iyi anlayacağınızı düşünüyorum;

Lord of the Fading Lands(Tairen Soul,#1)

Wow!

Kitap ilkine göre daha çok aksiyon, aşk ve entrika barındırıyordu. Dayanılmaz formülüm. :) Kızımız daha ağırlığını koyabilen, ne istediği bilen biri haline gelmeye başladı. E durum böyle olunca Eld'ler - kötü büyücü ırkı - şehirdeki tüm insanları Feylere - iyi büyü kullanan ırk - karşı döndürme
C.L. Wilson
Sep 07, 2007 C.L. Wilson added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me
Always, she had feared the magic.

Always, she had fought the dark visions.

Always, she had dreamed of the lover who could save her…

Since her earliest memories, Ellysetta Baristani has feared magic, even as she has been inexorably drawn to all things Fey, especially the poetry and legends of Rain Tairen Soul.

Now claimed as Rain’s truemate and no longer able to deny her own magic, Ellysetta is swept into the very center of a struggle filled with the magic and darkness she has always feared. The Hig
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Reading this book the second time around made me want to write a review, but I couldn't figure out what to say.

Instead, I'll tell you what I loved rediscovering about this particular installment in the Tairen Soul series :

1. Strength of characters - I am amazed at Ellie's ability to balance her wants and insecurities with the need to protect those she loves the most. She could sit back and allow Rain and the warriors to continue to heal her emotional scars, but instead, she fights to care for th
Kathleen
This book truly did amaze me. It was exciting, thrilling, emotional, imaginative and so much more. At the end of the book I had chill's all over and they actually stayed there for a short while, it was THAT good.

Those of you who like their romances with fantasy type paranormal elements with good verses evil would really enjoy this series.
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)

As the nobles of Celeria foolishly contemplate opening borders for the traitorous Eld, Rain must find a way to show that the Eld are still as evil as they were 1000 years ago and keep his soul mate Ellie safe. Ellysetta also has her own battles to face as she discovers her origins that have the power to turn her truemate Rain away from her.

This series just gets better and better!

Rain and Ellysetta are fast becoming one of my favourite romantic couples. What I like about their romance is that al
Duchess Nicole
I am torn about what to rate this. It took me forever to get through this book, and not just because it's long. There is a lot of explaining and world building. I mean a LOT. And while I suppose most of it is pretty necessary, it made for an extremely boring read at times. That being said, the parts that weren't boring were freaking amazing. I was fist pumping in my mind and grinning like an idiot. There are a couple of mini-battles that are so well-written, it felt like watching a movie in slow ...more
Barbara M.
Ok so here's my review for the first book in the series ("Lord Of The Fading Lands"). My review for the second is below...
"Watch out Kenyon...Wilson's out writing you. For the life of me I have no idea why Wilson's second book didn't carry the title "USA Today or New York Times Bestseller" on it. Come on people BUY HER BOOKS! I suggest you start with this one and continue on from there. The story is extremely complicated and oh so many yummy characters are introduced. The Gods smile upon commone
Tom
I know that this series is hit or miss with people but it is an absolute hit with me and this book is an unwavering 5 that will go straight to the favorite’s shelf. It almost makes me want to change Lord of the Fading lands to a 4 just to distinguish how much better I felt this book was.

This book picks up where Lord of the Fading Lands left off. The romance dominates the story in the very beginning of the book and then there are multiple plot lines that spring up and the fantasy overtakes the r
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
Jan 15, 2011 Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves romantic fantasy deluxe!
Recommended to Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) by: Stacia (the 2010 club)
Reading for the second time...in a month AWESOME AWESOME BOOK and series! I thought the first book (Lord of the Fading Lands) was great, but this second one was even better. It put new meaning into the "could not put it down" category. If you love fantasy, magic, romance, action, intrigue and great writing then I highly recommend this book, and I am on to re-read King of Sword and Sky.

In the first book the Tairen Soul, Rain, king of the fey, literally dropped from the sky to claim Ellysetta as h
Roxanne
Why did I wait so long to read this!?!?! This book was AMAZING! There were so many characters in this book I wanted to shake some sense into and that stunt Rain pulled near the end almost had me in tears. I swear if someone tried to take my ebook reader off me while I was reading this book I would have bitten their hand off or clawed their eyes out. I hope book 3 is as epic as this one.
Aimee
Well....I have to say, this is turning out to be one of the best series I've read in a long while. I'll even venture as far as calling it epic. A synopsis without spoilers is outside my abilities at the moment. So I'll just do a quick rundown of what I loved.

EVERYTHING!!!

The world Ms. Wilson built is flawless. You can see, smell , taste and feel what the characters experience. The characters are dynamic down to the lowliest secondary. I found myself wanting, HAVING to know more about all of the
Ian
Lord of Fading Lands

Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2) by C.L. Wilson

Tairen Soul Book 2 or more accurately Tairen Soul Book 1, part 2 has Rain and Elysetta preparing for their impending marriage, while around them Eld mages are sowing discord within Celieria.

Plots abound within the Celierian nobles who are agitating for a treaty with the Eld while the peasantry are outraged over what they see as the fae killing Celierians.

The first half of Lady of Light and Shadows rates 2 Stars in my opinion. I think the author could have easily cut down
Wendes
I honestly don't even know where to begin with this book. It was so amazing, a story so intricately woven that my mind is still reeling two hours after I finished reading this book. And it'll likely be a long time before I can get the images of beautiful Fey Warriors and the dancing colors of weaves out of my head. It was absolutely riveting. Everything, from the plotline, to the characters, to the dialogue and the beautiful prose used throughout the novel, was created so beautifully that I wish ...more
Gemma
I usually wait a day or two to review a book, just to get what I thought of it clear in my mind so that I can give a fair assessment of it. But I'm going to screw that and review this minutes after I've finished it, because all I can think right now is OMGTHATBOOKWASAMAZINGPLEASEIWANTMORE. :L

Honest to God, if anybody had doubts after finishing the first book, or is just thinking about reading this series, PLEASE DO SO NOW. :L
I have to say, the previous book, Lord of the Fading Lands, was a littl
Sandra
Sometimes a book leaves you an impression because how it's written but I think that the secret of this series to me it's that it works perfectly as a means for evasion. And I was in such a need for that that from the very first moment I loved to have come back to this world and its old characters. Sometimes it reminded me of Black Jewels, a series I enjoyed a lot but they aren't comparables because this one is considerably less darker.

Ellysetta and Rain don't dissappoint in this one. Gaelen and
This book is epic. What an amazing series C.L. Wilson has created. I'm sorry I never got to meet her in NY at the RT book signing :( If only I had known! The world she has built is filled with dazzling complexity, but not so much as to overwhelm. Even if you hate fantasy, I can't imagine anyone not falling in love with the characters.
In the second book, the preparations for Ellie and Rain's marriage continue. Border politics dominate the court. The evil Elds plot to reach Ellie and take her fro
Melanie
May 2010
This book was just as amazing as the first, if not more!

Elysetta starts to accept her powers, and the feelings she has for Rain, and the intrigue just gets more and more developed.. You can't help but fall more in love with Rain and Ellie, as well as all the other characters, who become so real throughout the book, with faults as well as qualities..
The "Dark Lord" Gaelen vel Serranis finally makes his appearance, and you can't help but be surprised at the result!

I cannot believe I had ne
valee
"I live. I fight. I bleed. I die For love. I am Fey."

I am definitely not a person who would deliberately kill another human being... but if I had finished book 1 and this one wasn't already out, I don't think I would have been able to prevent doing something I would regret in the future. NOT. KIDDING. But, lucky for me, book 2 was already out, so prison won't be on my horizon, lol.

While I got completely obsessed with this series from book 1, it took every other book in it to make me more cra
Askavi
The action really picks up in this book, and the climax at the end was very cool (who doesn't love a good magical battle?). There are a lot of unanswered questions I am looking forward to having answered, as well as a lot of questions the characters have which I am looking forward to them having answered. I really hope certain captives find a way to either escape or are rescued... seriously I about started to cry from that situation! I actually DID tear up at the end, after the fight was finishe ...more
Amber
OH MY! Is all I can say, I swung by the book store to pick this book up as I was about to finish Lord of the Fading Lands. I started reading the book around 6pm and could not put it down. I guess I was a good thing that I could not sleep because I read the entire book. It was enthralling. Her use of words to create feelings is remarkable, at points my heart would clench in my chest as I was overcome with emotion for the main characters of the story. While I can normally get into books they do no ...more
Yz the Whyz
I love the first book, so I was looking forward to reading the 2nd installment to this series, and I was not disappointed.

It picked up right after the 1st book ended, and we continued to witness the unfolding of Ellie and Rain's courtship. Plenty of intrigue, lots of danger, but still sweetly romantic. The overall plot progressed nicely, and we learned more about Ellie's past.

Thoroughly enjoyed the book, especially the 2nd half, when the action really picked up. Definitely eager to read the 3rd
Jilly
I live..I fight..I bleed..I die..For love..I am Fey.

Intense. This book.

This book starts where the first left off because the first one ended in a way that would have been extremely cruel to anyone who had to wait!

The levels of emotions and desires of all of the characters has gone up in intensity and there are so many different schemes against Ellysetta that you are just wondering which one will be the one to get her first. She can't possibly survive all of it unscathed. Plus, we get the additi
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
JUST WOW.

I apologize in advance if my thoughts are all over the place for this review. I jumped right on to reading the 3rd book so I am trying hard o remember everything that I loved about this second book.

*inhale*
*exhale*

I can just cry for the "epicness" of this book. I'm afraid I have to correct myself. The first book wasn't so epic yet... THE "EPICness" STARTS HERE.

So many things were revealed. Some are hard to swallow and some are welcome surprises. I'm honestly floored with the ending.

THA
Felicia
I just read #1 and #2 in a row and #2 moved a lot better I think. Lots of really good stuff happens in this book! The world is more developed, the bad guys get REALLY bad, I started to like the main character more because she grew into her own more. It was less Cinderella, more High Fantasy. Still juicy romance stuff though. Lots to offer, definitely liked it!

Reading #3 now.
Liz
A sweeping, stunning, satisfying conclusion to this part of the story. I was very surprised by some of what happened in what I had assumed would be a predictable ending. The loving is still silly but the story is totally un-put-down-able!
Lokki
Lady of Light and Shadows is the second part of the Lord of the Fading Lands and it is just as good if not better. Neither book is really a standalone novel and they are more likely one large book that was split into two. Proof of this is that the first book didn't finish at a particularly pivotal moment, and this second instalment picks up straight from that point and continues with the story as more and more depth and excitement is layered into the mix.

In this instalment, Rain and Ellie must c
Yodamom
Amazing, I never had a moment of rest while reading this story. It came alive in my hands and whirled me through the frenzied world of the Train Soul and his mate. Their relationship is moving at a natural rate. It has all the bumps and road blocks that would be found in such a couple, unheard of in most books today. The self doubts, the lack of trust, the impressions of family members, all part of new relationships. For Ellie, going from a woodcarvers daughter to a queen, she has difficult adju ...more
  • Warlord  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3)
  • Princess of the Sword (Nine Kingdoms, #3)
  • The Battle Sylph (Sylph, #1)
  • Fantastical (Fantasyland, #3)
  • Entreat Me
  • The Fire Lord's Lover (The Elven Lords, #1)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2)
  • The Smoke Thief (Drakon #1)
  • The Wolf (Sons of Destiny, #2)
  • Siren Song
  • Heart Choice (Celta's Heartmates, #4)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
C.L. Wilsons unique blend of pulse-pounding action, sweeping epic fantasy, and passionate romance has made her books a favorite read for romance and fantasy readers alike. Praised for exceptional worldbuilding and lyric prose, her critically acclaimed novels have regularly appeared on bestseller lists including the USA Today, the New York Times, and Publishers Weekly.

C.Ls novels have won numerous
More about C.L. Wilson...
Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3) Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4) Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5) The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1)

“Ellysetta was sitting at the secretary in Rain's suite, penning a note to her parents, when Bel burst through the doors. The other members of the quintet followed so swiftly that all five warriors nearly ended up in a heap on the floor. They were breathless and flushed, perspiration trickling down the sides of their faces.
Kieran bent over, hands on his knees, and dragged air into his lungs. "Well done,brothers. We beat the smug chervil.”
"You all look like you could use a drink." Cool and unwinded, Gaelen smiled at the new arrivals from the sofa near the window. "Water? Or perhaps something a little stronger to help you regain your strength?”
6 likes
“Wanting love is not selfish, Rain. We're all born missing the connections that make us complete.” 6 likes