Start by marking “Forbidden Secrets (Fear Street Sagas, #3)” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Secrets (Fear Street Sagas, #3)

Forbidden Secrets (Fear Street Sagas #3)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  774 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
The dark poweer of the Fear family consumes all those connected with it. No one can escape the evil of the family's curse--not even the Fears themselves. Savannah Madison doesn't believe that. She marries Tyler Fear. But then she goes with him to Blackrose Manor. That's when the deaths begin. That's when she learns his terrible secret.
Published September 1st 1996 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 1996)

Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
YA must reads for all!
143rd out of 181 books — 102 voters
Mateguas Island by Linda  WatkinsNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesTwilight by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Unlikeable Female Leads
23rd out of 28 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)
The Fear family curse continues in the 3rd installment of the Fear Street Sagas. This time we are taken back to a time of war in 1861 Georgia. Despite the fact that Tyler Fear has gone off to fight for the North, against the Savannah Gentry's South, she can't help but feel connected to him. Savannah's sister, Victoria, insists that the Fear family only brings evil and that she must stay away from Tyler. Savannah refuses to listen to anyone or anything but her heart, which is telling her she belo ...more
Jaime
Apr 13, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Tahreem Shafique
Oct 31, 2010 Tahreem Shafique rated it it was amazing
Feel sad for Victoria.
Fen Fen
Mar 09, 2014 Fen Fen rated it it was amazing
This is the scariest,the most romantic & one of my favourite RL Stine book all the time!
The setting of Georgia city in 18th Century add the dark shades
and horrors in this book.
Although the Tyler Fier so cruel,stubborn,& spiteful
should be recognized that he is so sweet and really know how
to put smile on a girl's face.
He know how to make Savannah happy, by the way...
Sarah Rosier-herrera
Jul 31, 2014 Sarah Rosier-herrera rated it it was amazing
The book was just as good as I remembered. The stories are always twisting and turning making me want to read faster. I loved re-reading this as much as I did the first time
Alex
Another fun Fear Street Saga re-read!

By the way, this Saga series is the only one that acknowledges that the books were ghostwritten. I just find that interesting.
Karen Cuevas Torres
Oct 26, 2014 Karen Cuevas Torres rated it it was amazing
I love this series! So much suspense! R.L.Stine has to be one of my favorite authors of all time! I don't know how he writes such great scary stories! The best!
Lacy Lovelace
Apr 13, 2014 Lacy Lovelace rated it really liked it
This book scared the crap out of my little junior high self! I actually chunked it out of the window when I finished it lol! It's been a long time but I will say Stine is the master at twists and turns with some predictability.
Cypress Ruby
Sep 26, 2015 Cypress Ruby rated it it was ok
Hmmmmm weird story. Agak maksa tapi oke juga sih....
Jacob Thomas
Jul 08, 2015 Jacob Thomas rated it liked it
For a fear Tyler was a sloppy villain just saying!
Lydia Chew
Jun 07, 2015 Lydia Chew rated it did not like it
Original rating: 4 stars

But this is the second time I've read it (the first was sometime in my elementary school years; now I'm about ready to have my own "adult" college adventures), and I've realized the writing is tacky, there's little to no variation in sentence structure or word choice, signalling the author's lack or control over writing or his intent to aim this at an audience of little kids. Like 2nd graders.
Actually, how did I ever find this scary? (Just kidding, it's still slightly sca
Tara Calaby
Jan 25, 2010 Tara Calaby rated it did not like it
Oh gosh, this was *dreadfully* written. The language was forced and trite and I really think Stine should steer away from historical fiction in the future if this is a good indicator of his ability in that field.

I'm reading a few of the Fear Street books at the moment because they're good escapist reading, but this is a prime example of lazy writing, where an author/series has such a following that you can churn out anything and have it find a market.
Crystal
Jul 01, 2013 Crystal rated it liked it
I loved R.L.Stine fear street sagas as a middle schooler. I thought I would revisit them now, 15 years later and they are still just as good. A quick read with suspense and mystery. Granted now that I am in my 20's the suspense is not as grand or big as it was then but still a classic read!
Brittany
Jul 25, 2011 Brittany rated it it was amazing
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, especially the Fear Street Sagas, I couldn't put it down.
Suzanne
Mar 24, 2008 Suzanne rated it liked it
Shelves: fear-street
This one wasn't as good as the rest I've read out of this Saga. But it is still an interesting and quick read. They're like candy, it's too easy.
Sherry
Sep 25, 2012 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Omg omg this was SO SCARY :O deeply chilling! Especially if you read it at night like I just did. That was really creepy and frightening!
Le
Jul 11, 2011 Le rated it it was amazing
Was my most favorite and first one I started reading by R.L Stine when I was younger
Nicole
Nov 24, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Creepy yet amazingly good. Another astonishing book by none other than R.L. Stine.
White Witch
Nov 15, 2010 White Witch rated it really liked it
this book was really likeable!
Yashvi
Aug 15, 2013 Yashvi rated it it was amazing
this one was disturbing...perfect!
Megan
Feb 01, 2009 Megan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
#3 in the Fear Street Saga Series.
Carrie Bacon
Jun 05, 2013 Carrie Bacon rated it really liked it
It was an interesting book.
Deepshikha Bagauria
Nov 16, 2013 Deepshikha Bagauria rated it it was amazing
luv it
Billy
Billy added it
Feb 13, 2016
Jasmin
Jasmin marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Idalia
Idalia rated it did not like it
Feb 11, 2016
Maria Elly
Maria Elly marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
  • Stacey's Book
  • The Invitation (Point Horror, #20)
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • The Immortal
  • The Silent Storm
  • Twins
  • Jessica's Secret Diary (Sweet Valley High Magna Edition #5)
  • Audrey: A Life in Pictures
  • Dark Temptation (Blackheath Moor #2)
  • Dream Date
  • Time to Let Go (Erin Bennett, #2)
  • The Crimes of Charlotte Bronte: The Secrets of a Mysterious Family: a novel

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street Sagas (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • A New Fear (Fear Street Sagas, #1)
  • House of Whispers (Fear Street Sagas, #2)
  • The Sign of Fear (Fear Street Saga #4)
  • The Hidden Evil (Fear Street Sagas, #5)
  • Daughters of Silence (Fear Street Sagas, #6)
  • Children of Fear (Fear Street Sagas, #7)
  • Dance of Death (Fear Street Sagas, #8)
  • Heart of the Hunter (Fear Street Sagas, #9)
  • The Awakening Evil (Fear Street Sagas, #10)
  • Circle of Fire (Fear Street Sagas, #11)