Start by marking “Work Like Da Vinci: Gaining the Creative Advantage in Your Business and Career” as Want to Read:
Work Like Da Vinci: Gaining the Creative Advantage in Your Business and Career

Work Like Da Vinci: Gaining the Creative Advantage in Your Business and Career

AN ORIGINAL AUDIO PROGRAM FROM THE #1 BESTSELLING AUTHOR!

In his instant self-help classic, the international bestseller How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci, Michael J. Gelb identified seven aspects of Da Vinci's genius that contemporary readers can emulate and apply in their own lives. Now, in WORK LIKE DA VINCI, Gelb adapts these principles to the specific demands of th
Audio CD, Read by the author, 0 pages
Published April 4th 2006 by Your Coach In A Box

To ask other readers questions about Work Like Da Vinci, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Work Like Da Vinci

Karen
Oct 17, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
This book is full of simple, straight-forward, useful tools to starting thinking, organizing, and working like Da Vinci.

Well, we assume the author did his homework and it is a very interesting collection. Da Vinci truly was a man before his time.

I listened to the audiobook, read by the author. He has a great approach to the reading and I love that every so often he's laughing at his jokes (because they are funny). Nice even tone, and suitable for double-speed if you prefer. I'd like to re-read
Matt Cannon
Dec 06, 2016 Matt Cannon rated it really liked it
I am so glad I gave this book a chance despite some of the reviews that were less than favorable. I thought this book was excellent. I learned more strategies and tools that can be applied immediately to virtually everything I will do. I am thankful this was put together and look forward to seeing the impact it will have on my life in the future! At a bare minimum you will learn a way to remember the planets in order so you never forget them.
André Gomes
Aug 20, 2013 André Gomes rated it really liked it
Shelves: philosophy
Great audio book!

The author focus in practices to apply the same principles that Da Vinci applied in his work:

- Curiosità – An insatiable quest for knowledge and continuous improvement
- Dimostrazione – Learning from experience
- Sensazione – Sharpening the senses
- Sfumato – Managing ambiguity and change
- Arte/Scienza – Whole-brain thinking
- Corporalità – Body-mind fitness
- Connessione – Systems thinking

I've had already read the book How to Think like Da Vinci (http://blog.andrefaria.com/pense-com
Jackie
May 07, 2009 Jackie rated it liked it
A follow-up to How to Think like Leonard Da Vinci, Michael Gelb gives examples from his consulting and seminar business about how to apply the principles in today's work place. Ask the right questions. Develop your business senses. Strike a profitable balance, Make the break-thru connection. Put your answers to work. Turn uncertainty into opportunity. Integrate for success. This book is a business coach in a box.
Bryan Nann
Was expecting some historical insights on key DaVinci principles, in a modern context, but it quickly turned into a bit of a self-help workshop. Also, it presupposes the conventional wisdom that DaVinci actually designed all of the devices he illustrated. It would have been far more interesting if the book took the current challenges to that wisdom in account. Unfortunately, it did not keep my attention past the first couple of chapters.
Cynthia Bower
This book reviews the seven characteristics Gelb has identified in da Vinci's life that we can emulate for our own personal growth. He then shows how using these principles in our professional and business endeavors can improve the outcomes.
Geri
May 20, 2013 Geri rated it really liked it
I have the audiobook and it is so rewarding to have instructions from someone that achieved mastery in so many areas. This made me realize that it's not showing off to want to become proficient more than one area. Thank you Leo.
Terry
Jan 25, 2014 Terry rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this audio book. Enhancing one's creativity in proven ways like Da Vinci achieved is using a great role model. Gelb presents as a seminar including laughing at his own jokes. But it's not too much and I found the book quite useful and entertaining. It was well worth the listen.
Natalia Luneva
Dec 01, 2011 Natalia Luneva rated it really liked it
The 7 principles mentioned in the book, that Da Vinci applied are:

Ask the right questions;
Develop your business senses;
Strike a profitable balance;
Make the break-thru connection;
Put your answers to work;
Turn uncertainty into opportunity;
Integrate for success.
Shruti
Shruti rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2013
Albert
Albert rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2012
Scott
Scott rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2016
David
David rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2010
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2013
Justin
Justin rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2013
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2008
Kaelin.westbrookyahoo.com
Kaelin.westbrookyahoo.com rated it really liked it
May 25, 2013
Trampas Jones
Trampas Jones rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2013
Mohammednur Abdulhamid
Mohammednur Abdulhamid rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
Steven
Steven rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2014
Sevag Ohanes
Sevag Ohanes rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Matt Fox
Matt Fox rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Joshua James
Joshua James rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Chris DeMelfy
Chris DeMelfy rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2016
Spencer
Spencer rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2010
Troy Knight
Troy Knight rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Matt Sauter
Matt Sauter rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Anton
Anton rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2011
Qwksolver
Qwksolver rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Michael J. Gelb, is the world’s leading authority on the application of genius thinking to personal and organizational development. He is a pioneer in the fields of creative thinking, accelerated learning, and innovative leadership. Gelb leads seminars for organizations such as DuPont, Merck, Microsoft, Nike, Raytheon and YPO. He brings more than 30 years of experience as a professional speaker, s ...more
More about Michael J. Gelb...