Start by marking “Doctor Dolittle's Puddleby Adventures (Doctor Dolittle, #12)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Dolittle's Puddleby Adventures (Doctor Dolittle, #12)

Doctor Dolittle's Puddleby Adventures (Doctor Dolittle #12)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  205 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Posthumous collection of six stories previously unpublished in book form: Dapple; The Dog Ambulance; The Stunned Man; The Crested Screamers; The Green Breasted Martins; The Lost Boy. Introduction by Olga Michael.
hardback, 256 pages
Published October 1st 1966 by J. Cape (first published 1925)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Dolittle's Puddleby Adventures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Dolittle's Puddleby Adventures

The Good Soldier Švejk by Jaroslav HašekNobody's Boy by Hector MalotThe Mysterious Island by Jules VerneAround the World in 80 Days by Jules VerneThe Story of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting
16th out of 52 books — 1 voter
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. TolkienThe Two Towers by J.R.R. TolkienThe Return of the King by J.R.R. TolkienThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
Best Fantasy of the 50s
28th out of 41 books — 34 voters

More lists with this book...

Ahmad Sharabiani
Doctor Dolittle's Puddleby Adventures (Doctor Dolittle, #12), Hugh Lofting
عنوان: ماجراهای پادلبای، داستانهای دكتر دولیتل شماره ترتیب نشر در ایران 4؛ نویسنده: هیو لافتینگ؛ برگردان: محمد قصاع؛ ویراستار: اكبر میرجعفری و فرهنگ عمرانی؛ ناشر: تهران، محراب قلم؛ سال نشر 1385؛ در 160 ص؛ گروه سنی: 10 تا 12 سال؛ شماره گذاری کتاب در گودریدز 12 و آخرین اثر است.
كتاب شامل هشت داستان از زبان جانوران است. دكتر دولیتل، شخصیت اصلی، زبان جانوران را میفهمد. به خاطراتشان گوش میدهد و در ماجراهایشان نقش دارد. موضوع بنی
Stephen Story
Favorite book as a child. The reason I still read today.
Sheri Fresonke Harper
Just finished reading the Adventures of Doctor Doolittle on my Kindle Reader--it was a free offering and I managed to read it off my Android telephone. The story is fun and imaginative, mostly an adventure quest where a young boy meets a mentor because of his love of animals. They take a trip to Spider Monkey Island, a floating island off the coast of Brazil and run into many experiences.
Charming and funny, and I love the illustrations. I am surprised that they have so many adventures. I didn't expect it to be so suspenseful. I like the style of writing very much. It's simple and direct, doesn't try hard to be cute or to send a message, but it accomplishes both very nicely. I'm looking forward to reading more of them.
Joanna Compton-Mys
Although I tend to really like this series by Hugh Lofting, this particular set of stories isn't as strong as some of the other freestanding works. If this is your first foray into the world of (the original) Dr. Dolittle, I would start with another selection first.
A collection of short stories, not as compelling as the full-lengh novels. On the other hand, there are very few children's short stories about an adventurous maggot!
DADDF marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Zonaira Abro
Zonaira Abro marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Alan Moore
Alan Moore marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Kiwi marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Hbarton3621 marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Crystal Myers
Crystal Myers marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Amy marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Kelly marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Kate marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Liesbeth marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Wendy marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Erin marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Eva added it
Oct 02, 2015
Emily Black
Emily Black marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Garrett Harkins
Garrett Harkins marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Justine Barnes
Justine Barnes marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
  • Miss Pickerell Goes to Mars
  • Arabel's Raven (Arabel and Mortimer, #1)
  • Raggedy Ann Stories
  • Art and Ardor
  • Tales of Uncle Remus: The Adventures of Brer Rabbit
  • Who Eats What?: Food Chains and Food Webs
  • His Baby Dream (Safe Harbor Medical, #11)
  • Mama, I Love You
  • Bijeli jelen
  • Hajduk protiv vetrenjača
  • The Mystery of Wreckers' Rock (The Three Investigators, #42)
  • Michael Brother of Jerry
  • The Adventures of Maya the Bee
  • A Jacques Barzun Reader
  • Selected Short Stories of Nathaniel Hawthorne
  • The King in the Tree: Three Novellas
  • Our Animal Friends at Maple Hill Farm
  • Ginnie and Geneva (Ginnie and Geneva, #1)
Hugh Lofting was a British author, trained as a civil engineer, who created the character of Doctor Dolittle — one of the classics of children's literature.

Lofting was born in Maidenhead, England, to English and Irish parents. His early education was at Mount St Mary's College in Sheffield, after which he went to the United States, completing a degree in civil engineering at the Massachusetts Inst
More about Hugh Lofting...

Doctor Dolittle (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Story of Doctor Dolittle (Doctor Dolittle, #1)
  • The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle (Doctor Dolittle, #2)
  • Doctor Dolittle's Post Office (Doctor Dolittle, #3)
  • Doctor Dolittle's Circus (Doctor Dolittle, #4)
  • Doctor Dolittle's Zoo (Doctor Dolittle, #5)
  • Doctor Dolittle's Caravan (Doctor Dolittle, #6)
  • Doctor Dolittle's Garden (Doctor Dolittle, #7)
  • Doctor Dolittle in the Moon (Doctor Dolittle, #8)
  • Doctor Dolittle's Return (Doctor Dolittle, #9)
  • Doctor Dolittle and the Secret Lake (Doctor Dolittle, #10)