Start by marking “A Fairy's Guide to Understanding Humans” as Want to Read:
A Fairy's Guide to Understanding Humans

A Fairy's Guide to Understanding Humans

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Be careful what you wish for! Fourteen-year-old Morgan Yates has just moved into a bigger house in a new neighborhood. But Morgan misses her old friends and wishes things could go back to the way they were before. And before she knows it, Gretta--her fairy-godmother-in-training--is back and flightier than ever; and this time she's working on her masterpiece, "A Fairy's Gui ...more
Published December 1st 2007 by Holiday House (first published October 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Fairy's Guide to Understanding Humans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fairy's Guide to Understanding Humans

Ilovereading
I had not read the first book, A Mid-Semester's Night Dream, before reading this book, so some parts were a little lost on me, but eventually, once I got into the book, my checkered understanding of the story was clarified. My biggest complaints were a) there wasn't much of a plot, and b) as soon as I actually got into the book, it was over. Onto the story itself! Morgan Yates is a fourteen year old human girl who Gretta, a fairy, accompanies. Before I continue, I want to say that Morgan's chara ...more
Tamra
Oct 09, 2009 Tamra rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tamra by: Miciah
This book was adorable! I picked it out at random for my 8-year-old daughter, along with several other random books. Of all the books she's read recently (she reads 5 - 10 every week), she told me I HAD to read this one.

Super cute. I liked the story-line. I liked the characters. I liked the style. I liked the word choices. The whole book flowed nicely and felt entirely normal, like everyone has a fairy friend.

I loved reading about what really happened and then the fairy's unrealistic take on wha
Chloe
It was a really good book! It has a fairy named Gretta. She writes in a journal. It's exciting! She likes boys. She likes some boys named Sammy and Bristle. She is staying with a human girl named Morgan. Greta likes to study humans. It's really funny!
Christine
Tamra was right! Totally cute! I did read the 1st book, A Mid-Semester Nights Dream(since this is a sequel)...not as good. Any curious readers should just read this one. It's a quick, fun, imaginative read!
Heather
A cute fluffy sequel to A Mid-Semster Night's Dream. Slightly less readable because of all the fairy jargon (explained in the glossary, but annoying to look up) but still fun for a younger crowd.
Miri
The fairy in this book is very, very annoying. I liked the other character, Morgan, but the writing was mediocre and in fact was often grammatically incorrect. Overall... meh.
Alicia
[November 14, 2013]
Jami Downs
Jami Downs marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Romeokids
Romeokids marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Fer Caalvo
Fer Caalvo marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Mya
Mya marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Mariam
Mariam marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Lisa Barriner
Lisa Barriner marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Lisagarden
Lisagarden marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2013
Mindy Ann
Mindy Ann marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
D
D marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Rasia
Rasia marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2013
Alexandra Mangual
Alexandra Mangual marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2012
Ⓛeah ✿εїз✾
Ⓛeah ✿εїз✾ marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2011
Denisa
Denisa marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2011
Margaret Meacham is the award-winning author of fourteen novels for children and young adults, and a mystery novel set on the Chesapeake Bay. Her books include Oyster Moon which has recently been optioned for film by Green Films LLC, Secret of Heron Creek, Quiet! You’re Invisible, A Mid-Semester Night’s Dream, and A Fairy’s Guide to Understanding Humans. Her books are sold internationally, and two ...more
More about Margaret Meacham...
A Mid-Semester Night's Dream The Secret of Heron Creek Oyster Moon Quiet! You're Invisible The Survival of Sarah Landing