Start by marking “Survey of Israel's History” as Want to Read:
Survey of Israel's History

Survey of Israel's History

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Since its first publication in 1970, A Survey of Israel's History has established itself as a popular and useful text in Bible colleges and seminaries. This revision by David O'Brien, which brings A Survey of Israel's History up to date, is certain to add to its value and continue its popularity. A chapter on the Intertestamental Period has been added. Numerous line-maps, ...more
Published September 29th 1986 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Survey of Israel's History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survey of Israel's History

Rick Davis
A Survey of Israel's History by Leon Wood is an overview of Old Testament biblical history. It is written with good scholarship and lucidity. Some of the information in it is a bit dated, as it was last updated in 1986, but overall it stands as a good summary of the history of God's people in ancient times.

The opening chapter sets things up very well, and gives some good historical and archaeological background to the book. The following chapters on the patriarchs are adequate, but they really
Jacob Schweizer
Great chronological study of Israel's religious, political, geographic, economic, and spiritual history. Beginning with Abraham and ending with the period between the testaments.
Barnabas Kalinga
A. ISRAEL AS VASSAL STATE
Tommy
Wood writes in such a way that the people involved come into sharper focus. Their relationships and motives are brought into closer focus and are more easily apprehended. I can say that I am definitely grateful for having read this book. There were a number of things I learned, and I'm sure it has helped me to understand the Bible better. I will always keep it close by as a companion to reading the Bible.
Cing Sian
that is important for christian
Zachary Guthrie
This book gives a basic overview of ancient Israel's history. The author does not go into deep detail about the history nor does he go into customary detail. I recommend something thicker to obtain a stronger sense of Israel's history.

If you know nothing about Israel's ancient history or need to refresh on the basics, this book is for you.
Shawn
Great job dealing with the chronology of Exodus with ancient near eastern history. I also enjoyed his discussion on the dating of the exodus as well as the inter-testamental period.
Joe Farage Jr
Great book of the history of Israel. Follows from Abraham through the intertestamental period and a little after it.
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Dory
Dory marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Nicole Silvera
Nicole Silvera marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Jenna
Jenna added it
Sep 29, 2014
Bernadette.libi
Bernadette.libi is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2014
Edwin T
Edwin T marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Boom
Boom marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Jimmy Wilson
Jimmy Wilson marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Svea
Svea added it
Jul 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Bible and Future Events: An Introductory Survey of Last-Day Events The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament The Prophets Of Israel Prophets of Israel, The Daniel & Minor Prophets