The Book of Mom

The Book of Mom

2.67 of 5 stars 2.67  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Tate, a stay-at-home mom, is burned out. Can she recover her lost self and regain her passion for life before she goes completely insane? With the help of a good therapist, an insightful friend, and her unfailing sense of humor, she finds balance and authenticity in her role as a modern mom. Funny, inspirational, and thought provoking, this novel embraces the core of mothe...more
Published May 1st 2008 by Nautilus Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Mom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Mom

Suzanne
Ugh. I tried TWICE but I just cannot get into this book! The protagonist is a little too helpless and her friend Katie is a little too Yoda. If my friend told me to "center" myself everytime I was stressed or upset I think I would stop talking to her. I had such high hopes. Sigh.
Anne
I am not sure what I find most difficult to believe about this book, is it that the author is an ordained minister? or that she is a real mom? or that she's even married? I know! What is most difficult to believe is that this book was published and that I read it.
Erin
I agree 100% with this review by Suzanne:

Ugh, I cannot get into this book! The protagonist is a little too helpless and her friend Katie is a little too Yoda. If my friend told me to "center" myself everytime I was stressed or upset I think I would stop talking to her. It's gonna be tough muddling through this book. And I had such high hopes. Sigh.

I really tried, but just couldn't stay interested long enough to finish. Ugh. The premise seemed good, and I was hopeful when I saw the author doing...more
Sryan
May 21, 2008 Sryan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: moms
Recommended to Sryan by: mom
This laugh out loud, page turner should be on every mom's book shelf! This book is packed with self help tools that inspire and enlight, but most of all work. Who said that kid's do not come with manuals--this is the best thing out there!!
Wendy Moss
May 21, 2008 Wendy Moss rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: moms
Recommended to Wendy by: mom
This is hands down the funniest, most insightful novel on motherhood. I couldn't put it down! Packed with Oprah-like self-help tools, this book is a perfect summer read.
Alysia
Alysia marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
Tegan91
Tegan91 marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2012
Christeal
Christeal marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2012
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2010
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2009
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2009
Julie
Julie added it
Dec 11, 2008
The Bad Witch McKay
The Bad Witch McKay marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2008
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2008
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2008
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2008
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2008
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2008
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2008
Jen -only4lightn
Jen -only4lightn marked it as to-read
May 30, 2008
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
May 08, 2008