Start by marking “The Search for Truth (Erec Rex, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Search for Truth (Erec Rex, #3)

The Search for Truth (Erec Rex #3)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,887 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
In The Search for Truth, Erec’s task involves finding the long lost Awen, and it is not only Erec’s crown on the line, but the Substance that holds Alpyium together. To complete the task, Erec must risk the life of his best friend, something he is not sure he can do. The only thing that can save him and Alpyium is a trip back to his own childhood.
Published June 30th 2009 by Simon & Schuster (bought the series from Firelight Press) (first published June 15th 2009)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Awesomest books ever
11th out of 96 books — 17 voters
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Twilight Collection by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Amazing Books!
70th out of 132 books — 106 voters

More lists with this book...

Pamela
Oct 09, 2013 Pamela rated it did not like it
I'm really shocked that these books are getting so many good reviews. Seriously, if you want some good fantasy check out Brandon Sanderson or Brandon Mull. There are just so many things wrong with this series, I honestly don't know how to begin. The emotions are all flat. Dramatic, emotional moments are just... worse than sappy... they're painful. Erec is really slow. He doesn't understand anything. The bad guy is unbelievable. There is no way a world could function like this. The cheating and l ...more
Daanon
Jun 09, 2008 Daanon rated it it was amazing
Hands down this is the best book in the series to date. It should also put to rest any Harry Potter comparisons as this book is brimming with originality and Erec is most assuredly a leading character in his own right. The book is much longer than either of the previous two and worth every page. The quests in this book are wonderfully inventive while being extremely exciting and suspenseful. It is a little darker than the previous two books, especially one scene in particular, but it's still a w ...more
Shannon
Apr 23, 2015 Shannon rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Harry Potter fans, Percy Jackson fans, fantasy fans of all ages
With all that's going on this time of year it seemed to take a while to finish this book. I liked it alot, it's a fun series with good characters and I'm looking forward to it continuing.

(view spoiler)
Aelvana
Dec 18, 2014 Aelvana rated it it was amazing
Erec's time back home is cut short when a cloudy thought warns him of disaster. Unfortunately, a new side effect of his powers has shown up: using his dragon abilities turns him partially into a dragon. Not that he has much time to worry about growing scales and breathing fire. Baskania is intent on diverting Erec's quests from the Fates to Balor and his brothers to give more legitimacy to their claim to the scepters. The quests are getting harder, but failure isn't an option. The problems with ...more
Ditto Iñigo
Mar 20, 2012 Ditto Iñigo rated it it was amazing
The book series Erec Rex is a very nice,interesting and funny series.My cousin gave it to me on my b-day and I have to admit that it became my favorite ever since.It is very exiting and educational.I like it also because it teaches us about trusting yourself and a lot more useful tips in life.I like it when they teach us about magical things.I like all of the books.Good job KAZA!
Oridisi
Jun 06, 2011 Oridisi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very good, it explained who Erec parents were and where he really came from, Erec's friendsgip with Bethaney and Oscar were put to the test and Erec learned the true meaning of forgiveness, love and understanding. A really great read for all ages.
Book Elf
Jan 17, 2012 Book Elf rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marvelous! That's a spot on, Kaza! I am so hooked with your series. This book gave all the adventures that I wanted in a book. Exciting and sometimes scary. I like the moral and everything is fantastic.

You are always pushing for love and I.LOVE.IT.
Daniel
Feb 05, 2013 Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Saya suka banget misi di buku ini, meski saya lebih suka yang di buku keempat (view spoiler), misi di buku ketiga ini berhubungan langsung dengan dunia manuusia.

Aku padamu, Tante Kaza~ <3
Shumoni.butler
I thought this book should have five star to the book becuase erec rex is a really good this is a book that has alot of action in it and this book has over a olt of tough words on the.
this book has over a lot of of big vocabulry words.
Zofia
Sep 13, 2009 Zofia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved these books! They were amazing! They were enchanting! I loved them!
I would suggest these books to almost anyone. Unless you don't like adventure or fantasy.
Isaiah Rosales
Apr 28, 2010 Isaiah Rosales rated it it was amazing
I love this edition for Erec and Bethanies relationship is growing stronger! This series, will always be in my favorites!
Kaza
Dec 03, 2008 Kaza rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my favorite so far - can't wait until it's out this coming June!
Luv,

Jul 17, 2009 Lizie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT AMAZING BOOK!!!!!!
Bintari Laras
May 15, 2014 Bintari Laras rated it really liked it
Menyenangkan sekali terbawa dalam cerita Erec. Rasa penasaran erec tentang masa lalunya membawanya ke pemutar waktu. Dan Erec benar-benar masuk ke ruang waktu itu lalu kembali ke 10 tahun yang lalu sebelum Raja Piter di mantrai. Well, Erec mengetahui rahasia terbesarnya. Mengetahui siapa Ayah dan Ibunya. Yang paling seru adalah kenyataan bahwa Alipium akan hancur saat Erec mengetahui kebenaran masa lalunya. Wow !! Buku ke tiga ini membuat semakin penasaran dan nggak sabar buat baca yang ke 4 dan ...more
e.c.h.a
Now...I Know why I like this story.

Kali ini Erec harus menyelesaikan tugas ke tiga dan ke empat-nya dalam waktu berdekatan. Awalnya agak sedikit membosankan mengikuti petualangan Erec di awal, belum lagi bawaannya kesal dengan sifat Erec yang egois, sok tahu. Yeah...manusia juga takluput dari sifat jelek.

Nah..pas Erec harus menyelesaikan tugas ke empat-lah yang bikin gue tak bisa melepas buku ini dari tangan. Perasaan tegang terus menghampiri. Dan selalu sukses bikin gue mikir apalagi saat Erec
Samantha
Dec 02, 2009 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erec Rex is back in his third adventure trying to save Alyphium. This time Baskania, aka The Shadow Prince, is back again trying to make the Stain Brothers the next kings. From the very beginning it’s easy to see that this is going to be similar to the other two books in that the quests and situations Erec faces will possibly end his life.

This time though, it’s not just Erec’s life in danger, it’s also his best friend (and hopefully one day love interest?), Bethany’s life that is also in danger
Blanches Jeanne
this is one of my favorite Fantasy book of all time. and the best book of the series so far.

walaupun banyak yang bilang kurang suka sama buku ini, tapi ya ampun aku udah suka sejak halaman pertama buku pertama. dan walaupun banyak yang bilang mirip Harry Potter.. menurutku sih ga juga yah.ato aku nya ga nyadar juga. tapi whatever, ga ngaruh sama ceritanya koq..he3

first, i love the cover so much! and all the illustration on every chapter.
aduh tapi font nyaa..ngerusak mata bener.. mepet-mepet ban
E L
Nov 16, 2008 E L marked it as to-read
Recommended to E L by: Uncle Scott
GoodReads showed this book would be published Nov 1, 2008 by Firelight Press. I was only finding it @ online booksellers saying: "Due out June 30, 2009" Bummer! I checked www.ErecRex.com.
Here's the scoop & the reason for the delay:

Erec Rex Book Three is finished - 2/12/08
Kaza is thrilled to report that the third Erec Rex book, The Search for Truth, is finished. Look forward to seeing it on the shelves on October 1st of this year.

Search for Truth cover is released! - 4/19/08
The cover of Book
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Samantha Clanton, aka "Harlequin Twilight" for TeensReadToo.com

Erec Rex is back in his third adventure trying to save Alyphium. This time Baskania, aka The Shadow Prince, is back again trying to make the Stain Brothers the next kings. From the very beginning, it's easy to see that this is going to be similar to the other two books in that the quests and situations Erec faces will possibly end his life.

This time though, it's not just Erec's life in danger, it's also his best friend (a
Meryta Ajeng
Apr 16, 2013 Meryta Ajeng rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ajeng
hidup ini benar-benar tidak mudah. begitulah kurang lebih gambaran hidup bagi calon raja seperti Erec rex. dia harus berkali-kali menantang maut untuk menyelesaikan tugas sebagai calon raja sekaligus mengalahkan ekmbar 3 Stain yang dalm buku ini diketahui ternyata kloning dari pangeran bayangan, Baskania. bersama Bethany, dan Jam, si kepala pelayan, dia mulai melaksanakan tugas ketiga dan keempatnya yang penuh dengan ancaman kematian.
dalam buku ini, Erec mulai tahu siapa keluarga kandungnya yang
Julie
Aug 26, 2009 Julie rated it liked it
The third book in this series is another fast-paced adventure in which Erec learns some more about his past, though more mysteries remain. He tackles the third and fourth quests on the path to become King while Thanatos Baskania and his evil henchmen hunt for him and his best friend, Bethany, who may know the secret that can give Baskania ultimate power. Erec is starting to be able to harness his dragon eyes to see the future, but he is also sometimes partially turning into a dragon, a developme ...more
Cindy
Aug 06, 2009 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: older teens
May I just take a moment to gloat that I was the VERY FIRST PERSON to read this one from the library! I feel very special.

This third book in the series has Erec grocery shopping with his foster mom when he sees a vision of his best friend being tortured by the evil magician, Thanatos Baskania. When Erec comes back to reality, he finds that he had turned into a dragon. He sets off to Alympium to help Bethany.

His premonition gave him a place to start, but it looks like Erec will have his hands ful
Megan
Nov 13, 2009 Megan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the first two books of this series, and the plot was really interesting. The characters weren't my favorites, but I definitely liked them. It didn't seem like the next big hit, but it was entertaining and it seemed like it would have no trouble building a fair-sized fan base. All in all, the series was looking awesome! By the time I got to this book I was certain this series would become a fav!
...Then came book three...
*shakes head* =/ Something that was in the first two books was
Thomas
Erec finds he has developed some unusual qualities in his quest to resolve twelve tasks before taking his place as a worthy ruler. He fights an internal battle of desire along the way of resolving two more challenges that help him realize who and what he is.
Kaza has woven a wonderful tale that is fresh in its approach and takes off in directions never imagined. He knowledge of ancient legends are well presented as she adds new twists to the exotic places where some of these take place.
I strongly
Vicki
If you haven't read any of Kaza Kingsley's previous books in the Erec Rex series, you are missing out! These are fun, different and intriguing books! The characters are ones I've grown very attached to and I really can't wait until the next book comes out. I would put them in the realm of Harry Potter, mainly because they are about a young boy discovering who he really is, and how his existence is very important to the world and what he does, matters very much! Erec is such a fun likable charact ...more
Sarah Nelson
Apr 24, 2015 Sarah Nelson rated it really liked it
A great series. It's great because Erec has struggles that many have dealt with. Obviously not a man with thousands of eyes, but the internal ones, like his struggle with addiction to power, and how he is not very trusting. He just seems like some real people with his personality.
Jacci
Oct 24, 2015 Jacci rated it it was amazing
I am really loving these Erec Rex books! I'm listening to the audio and am worried that I've caught up with the author as I don't see the next book on audio yet. These are a great read for any child but I bet boys would especially love them. I'm 56 and love them!
Denae Christine
Some of these characters are so frustrating, but that makes them more real and complex. The struggles are all different, which is nice, not just fight the bad guys. Erec has to make difficult decisions and persevere when he can only hope he's doing the right thing.
I like the uniqueness of each quest, but I'm a bit annoyed each one seems to take Erec about the same amount of time (bookwise anyway) to complete. Couldn't he get an easy, couple-hour-long quest for once?
Though the books are pretty go
Collin
Jul 06, 2014 Collin added it
This was my number one favorite in the series because of the page-turning action and suspense. The book was so hard to put down that I frequently found myself doing chores while reading the book was that good.
haven't read it... is it good? 6 37 Mar 03, 2013 06:41AM
  • Dragon Games (The Books of Umber, #2)
  • The Dragon in the Library (Dragon Keepers, #3)
  • Albrek's Tomb (Adventurers Wanted, #3)
  • The Brimstone Key (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #1)
  • The Princess of Trelian (Trelian, #2)
  • The Dragon's Apprentice (Dragonology Chronicles #3)
  • Black Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #3)
  • Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Storms
  • Monster Madness (Nightmare Academy #2)
  • The Basilisk’s Lair (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #2)
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2)
  • Gods of Manhattan (Gods of Manhattan, #1)
  • The Curse of Deadman's Forest (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #2)
  • The Indigo King (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #3)
  • Knightley Academy (Knightley Academy, #1)
  • Falcon Quinn and the Crimson Vapor (Falcon Quinn, #2)
I'm a fantasy author, and have loved reading and writing fiction since I was tiny!

I put a small excerpt or two at the bottom of this page.

Check out my Twitter profile at:

and my blog --

and my website --

My books - Erec Rex: The Dragon's Eye, and Erec Rex: The Monsters of Otherness, Erec Rex: The Search for Truth, and
More about Kaza Kingsley...

Erec Rex (5 books)
  • The Dragon's Eye (Erec Rex, #1)
  • The Monsters of Otherness (Erec Rex, #2)
  • The Three Furies (Erec Rex, #4)
  • The Secret of Ashona (Erec Rex, #5)