Start by marking “House of M: Incredible Hulk” as Want to Read:
House of M: Incredible Hulk

House of M: Incredible Hulk (Dinastía de M)

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  305 ratings  ·  12 reviews
In the Australian outback, Bruce Banner has found peace he's never known among a tribe of Aborigines. But when their safety is threatened by a battle between a sect of AIM and the ruling totalitarian mutant government, the Hulk is forced to intervene in a big way.
Published February 8th 2006 by Marvel (first published December 31st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about House of M, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House of M

Infinity by Jonathan HickmanSecret Invasion by Brian Michael BendisHouse of M by Brian Michael BendisAvengers by Allan HeinbergThe Infinity Gauntlet by Jim Starlin
Marvel Universe Events
57th out of 66 books — 17 voters
The Incredible Hulk by Greg PakIndestructible Hulk, Vol. 1 by Mark WaidThe Incredible Hulk Visionaries by Peter DavidThe Incredible Hulk by Peter DavidThe Incredible Hulk vs. Superman by Roger Stern
Best of the Hulk
33rd out of 41 books — 17 voters

More lists with this book...

Hrishi
I read this as part of an overall Marvel 616 read, and in that context as part of a read-through of all House of M titles, and I have to say this is one of the more fun tie-ins to that event that I've read (although the Spiderman tie-in is my favorite this far).

This "what if" version of the Hulk starts out with Bruce Banner living in peace with an Aborigine tribe in Australia. Of course, that utopic version of Hulk doesn't last and soon sees him cast down the Mutant Governor of Australia and bec
Wesley
This book Is part of the House of M crossover event and collects Incredible Hulk 83 - 87. It was written by Peter David who has got to be the writer most closely associated with the Hulk after Stan Lee. The main story (the first four chapters) was illustrated by Jorge Lucas who is an Argentinean artist whose work I have not come across before but who has had short runs on a variety of Marvel books.

The story was just OK - given David's reputation I would say that this was probably not one of his
Martin
In the House of M reality, Bruce Banner had joined the tribe of the Aborigines in Northern Australia, where he can live in peace and just "be left alone". Trouble starts when government troops show up and start hassling human refugees & the Aborigines. Hulk takes care o'biz and eventually makes his way to Sydney, disposes of the mutant governor in charge of the continent, and takes charge of running the country and making it a safe haven for humans from mutant oppression.

I like the way Peter
Federiken Masters
Aug 08, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans del guionista y del pochoclo
Recommended to Federiken by: Su guionista
Sabía que PAD no me iba a decepcionar. Bueno, tampoco es que este "elseworld" sea una obra maestra, pero entretiene sobradamente, tira unas cuantas ideas interesantes, entretenidas y bien desarrolladas, y remata con un final entre impredecible y lógico que cierra con bastante coherencia la historia, aunque principio y nudo transcurran en una realidad distinta al desenlace. Eso sí, el dibujo de Lucas de nuevo parece hecho a las apuradas, sin preocuparse por estar a la altura del guion, y promedia ...more
Kayla Eklund
I really enjoyed this. I thought it was an interesting take on The Hulk. In the beginning, I was a little confused about what was going on, but it became more apparent to me the farther I got into the comic.
Kevin
I have not read The Hulk in years. The character has gone through a lot of changes, and I enjoyed this version better than the red and grey hulks.
Jessica
A mix of good things, confusing stuff and meh.
Suu
Bastante interesante historia de Hulk, primera vez que leo un comic de este personaje (aunque esté en House of M, sigue siendo Hulk) y me pareció muy amena y entretenida, a pesar de la profundidad que suelen tener las historias de este crossover, no se siente nada de agotador, pues tiene bastantes pasajes graciosos, sobretodo con el nunca bien ponderado Hulk *-*
Helmut
Great tie-in

This TPB contains 3 Hulk issues taking place in the House of M reality, and one issue after the return to our known reality.

It is a great tie-in to the Marvel House-of-M event. The art is fantastic, and Peter David has some great lines for the hulk as well ("Can't stand opera", ROFL).

If you liked House of M, get this one, too.
Mitchell
Hulk and Bruce Banner in Australia during the House of M Mutants rule the world interval. Pretty cool actually. Though I think it too bad they didn't let Bruce hang with the aborigines in the regular continuity. With good enough art - though I can't say I like the way they are drawing the Hulk all that well.
Joe Davidson
I liked this book. Hulk is Hulk no matter what alternate reality you live in. In my best Ron Perlman imitation, "Hulk... Hulk never changes..."
Erik
Probably the best House of M tie-in.
Carlos
Carlos marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Timothy
Timothy marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Kayla-Jhoe Schmitz
Kayla-Jhoe Schmitz marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Stefan Nardi
Stefan Nardi marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
  • House of M: World of M, Featuring Wolverine
  • House of M: Fantastic Four / Iron Man
  • House of M: Mutopia X (District-X: House of M)
  • House of M: Uncanny X-Men
  • Civil War: Fantastic Four
  • X-Men: Phoenix Rising
  • X-Men: The Day After
  • Hulk, Vol. 1: Red Hulk
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 14: Phoenix?
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 11: The Most Dangerous Game
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to humo
More about Peter David...

Dinastía de M (8 books)
  • House of M
  • House of M: Spider-Man
  • House of M Prelude: Excalibur
  • House of M: Mutopia X (District-X: House of M)
  • House of M: Civil War
  • Dinastía de M: Los Cuatro Fantásticos
  • Exiles, Volume 12: World Tour, Book 1
The Dark Tower, Volume 1: The Gunslinger Born Imzadi (Star Trek the Next Generation) Q-Squared X-Factor: The Longest Night Q-In-Law (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #18)