Start by marking “Superman/Fantastic Four: The Infinite Destruction” as Want to Read:
Superman/Fantastic Four: The Infinite Destruction

Superman/Fantastic Four: The Infinite Destruction

3.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  49 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Published January 1st 1999 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Superman/Fantastic Four, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman/Fantastic Four

Alejandro
Fantastic crossover, forged in steel!

Creative Team:

Writer & Illustrator: Dan Jurgens

Supporting Illustrator: Art Thibert

Cover Illustrator: Alex Ross

MEETING OF THE FIRST ONES

This extra sized prestige format one-shot comic book is the epic crossover of the characters from the very first titles of each major comic book houses. Superman for DC Comics and Fantastic Four for Marvel Comics.

Of course, when Superman appeared on Action Comics was an independent comic book publisher and Marvel appea
Quentin Wallace
Jan 04, 2016 Quentin Wallace rated it really liked it
I still remember when superhero crossovers were a novelty. Then it seemed like we saw one every month until it lost a little of the magic. Now we dont see it as much from Marvel and DC.

I thought this was a decent crossover. It's in the oversized treasury format, which I really don't like. I do like Dan Jurgens' art, but honestly his style isn't the hyper-detailed style that would benefit from the treasury format, so it was almost a waste in that regard. The art is good, but would have been just
Tony Calder
Apr 26, 2015 Tony Calder rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Back in the 80s and 90s, DC and Marvel used to produce cross-over events, featuring the biggest stars of each company - in this case Superman and the Fantastic Four. Dan Jurgens is both the writer and artist on this graphic novel and his artwork is better than his story.

The artwork is of a consistently high standard, but I found the story to be inconsistent in places. In other cross-over events, the Marvel and DC heroes have existed on the same Earth, but in this one they are in separate univers
B
Nov 23, 2015 B rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
This probably could have been more fun, but I don't know if there's anything wrong with it. It seems to exist as a sequel to Marvel vs. DC. As a fan of that series, I wish there were more, but then I would say there's been too much.

The characters did not have time to show much personality.

Once powers hit the scale described in this book, it's hard to tell a story without resorting to something like "They moved faster than the eye can see, and when it was over . . . ."

So, fine.
Michael Mills
Jul 22, 2015 Michael Mills rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
It's a neat bit of cross-continuity dovetailing to have Galactus responsible for the destruction of Krypton, but little is done to capitalise on the idea. By 1999, these crossovers had lost any feeling of being special. The dialogue is Stan Lee stilted and the uber-pumped characters ridiculously dated. Shame.
Devero
Mar 04, 2015 Devero rated it did not like it
Nell'epoca dei crossover a perdere tra personaggi di case editrici diverse, questo è uno dei più perdibili.
El Neo
Jan 20, 2015 El Neo rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This was a fun read! Interesting concepts explored and the character-dynamics are well-played.
Timothy Boyd
Feb 15, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it liked it
Great crossover between DC and Marvel characters. Recommended
R.faustinihsph.org
May 21, 2012 R.faustinihsph.org rated it really liked it
hey every one i want to talk about my book my book is superman and the fantastic four i like this book because it a comic and i love comic in the tv and reading usually ricardo faustin don't like to read but if is a comic about spider man super man all the marvel character i will read for my all like any way the reason i like this book is because is a comic
Fernando
Dec 29, 2012 Fernando rated it it was ok
Bueeeno, no está mal. Como curiosidad puede valer. Pero es bastante flojo.
David Car mar
David Car mar is currently reading it
May 17, 2016
Marvel Reader
Marvel Reader marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Chayce
Chayce rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Macacoteste
Macacoteste marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
JM Manalo
JM Manalo marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Thedzpro
Thedzpro marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Rick Ewing
Rick Ewing rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Nicolas
Nicolas rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Keegan
Keegan rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Rodolfo
Rodolfo marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Dan Smith
Dan Smith rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Aarcanum Black
Aarcanum Black marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Philip Cosand
Philip Cosand rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Voland
Voland marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Dan Jurgens is an American comic book writer and artist. He is best known for creating the superhero Booster Gold, and for his lengthy runs on the Superman titles Adventures of Superman and Superman (vol. 2), particularly during The Death of Superman storyline. Other series he has been associated with include The Sensational Spider-Man (Vol. 1), Thor (vol. 2), Captain America (vol. 3), Justice Lea ...more
More about Dan Jurgens...