Start by marking “Hit and Run Holiday (Nancy Drew: Files, #5)” as Want to Read:
Hit and Run Holiday (Nancy Drew: Files, #5)

Hit and Run Holiday (Nancy Drew Files #5)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  735 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Nancy Drew's quest for the driver who mowed down Kim Baylor in broad daylight leads her into extreme danger and an encounter with a murderer.
Published May 21st 1993 by Pocket Books (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Hit and Run Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hit and Run Holiday

Jerry
A Quickie Review

This one doesn't score as high because its setting is one of my least favorite places: the beach. Regardless, it's still another moderately enjoyable volume in this very long series; if you've read it up to this point, you know what to expect.

Content Concerns:

Sex: Kissing and flirting. 4/5
Nudity: Girls are mentioned to be wearing bikinis; mild cleavage and a shirtless guy on the front cover. 3/5
Language: None. 5/5
Violence: People are attacked, hit, and shot at, all in a "
Jaime
It’s been many, many years (20?) since I’ve read a Nancy Drew book, and I’d forgotten how much fun they can be. Nancy, Bess, and George have all they need for the perfect spring break — great weather, nice beaches, good looking guys, and a mystery. Nancy arrives just in time to see her friend run down in the street and witness the friend’s room being searched. And if she resisted the urge to find out what was going on, she wouldn’t be Nancy Drew. The storyline is actually still relevant, and if ...more
Brini Schaefer
Another amazing book from my childhood. ^^
Kaila
Nancy Drew has been my all time favorite teenage sleuth. In Hit and Run Holiday Nancy tires to go on vacation with her two best friends George and Bess and wants to visit an old friend. When she finds her old friend she get hit by a car. Nancy has to figure out who wanted to hurt her friend and why. When Nancy gets too involved in the case her own life is at risk and her top suspect ends up dead. Nancy, George and Bess have to put their heads together to solve this one. Nancy never seems to get ...more
Rachel Brand
The transition into moderness with the Files worked better than the later Mysteries, and none of the books which I've read sound like travel guides. However, Nancy and her friends do seem a a bit like the Wakefield twins with their stunning beauty, ability to attract any guy and mysterious links with famous people.
Heather
I read a few books in this series in the late 80s. I can't remember a single title, so I'll just throw this one onto my "Tweens of the 80s" shelf for good measure. This series didn't leave nearly as big of an impression on me as Sweet Valley High.
Nattie
I was able to finish this one. It was good, but it made me realize that Nancy is a joke.

Nancy is dumb, George is dumber, and Bess is dumbest. Ned is stupid. These 4 couldn't save themselves from a roach.
Angela
Quick moving and very eventful storyline. Not the best on character but it is a short book. Lot of fun though.
Jie Hao
I love it! The book make me want to go beaching, but too bad I don't know how to swimming! lol~
Nikol Likja
Nice and interesting would be the perfect words to describe this book :-)
Jessica
this book was so suspenceful it is one of my favorites!!! :P
Melissa
This was a really good book. Was way too short though.
Svenja
Wie bei den anderen Bänden, 1 Stern Nostalgie-Bonus ;)
Aisling Spofford
It was an alright read. Liked the boat chase at the end.
Prami
Don't remember much but I know I liked it.
Leah Madsen
Not my fav out of the series, It was ok.
Liberty
Oct 18, 2008 Liberty rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone who love a good mystery
Recommended to Liberty by: my sister
One of my favorite book of all time.
Autumn
Interesting way to spend a vacation.
Marts  (Thinker)
Another great Nancy Drew files mystery
Ingrid
loved it! stay tuned
Quick, fun read.
Christina West
Christina West marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Caitlyn Minelli
Caitlyn Minelli marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
  • The Arctic Patrol Mystery (Hardy Boys, #48)
  • Asterix Versus Caesar
  • Along the River: A Chinese Cinderella Novel
  • Vikram and the Vampire: Classic Hindu Tales of Adventure Magic and Romance
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • The Mystery of the Missing Mermaid (The Three Investigators, #36)
  • The White Feather
  • Komplotan Pencuri Mobil Mewah (Trio Detektif, #1)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew Files (1 - 10 of 124 books)
  • Secrets Can Kill (Nancy Drew: Files, #1)
  • Deadly Intent (Nancy Drew: Files, #2)
  • Murder On Ice (Nancy Drew: Files, #3)
  • Smile and Say Murder (The Nancy Drew Files, #4)
  • White Water Terror (The Nancy Drew Files, #6)
  • Deadly Doubles (The Nancy Drew Files, #7)
  • Two Points to Murder (The Nancy Drew Files, #8)
  • False Moves (Nancy Drew: Files, #9)
  • Buried Secrets (The Nancy Drew Files, #10)
  • Heart of Danger (The Nancy Drew Files, #11)
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)