Start by marking “The Sunlight Slayings (Oliver Nocturne, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sunlight Slayings (Oliver Nocturne, #2)

The Sunlight Slayings (Oliver Nocturne #2)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  241 ratings  ·  22 reviews
A compelling new take on contemporary fantasy & vampire stories with a new kind of hero, torn between dark and light, on a quest to discover the truth about his origins and his significance.

Oliver Nocturne finds himself reunited with Emalie's cousin, Dean, who has returned as a zombie. Dean has information on something that is shaking up the vampire community - vampire
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published August 1st 2008 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Sunlight Slayings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sunlight Slayings

Meagan
The Sunlight Slayings is the second book in the Oliver Nocturne series, and begins where the last book ended. Emalie, believing Oliver killed her cousin Dean, had distanced herself from Oliver. However, Dean rises as a zombie, shocking Oliver as a vampire can only raise a zombie if they have done the killing. Everyone assumes that Oliver is the one that killed Dean, but since he knows he didn’t, the two have to discover who Dean's master is. While trying to determine Dean’s master, a sinister fo ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

THE SUNLIGHT SLAYINGS is the second story in the OLIVER NOCTURNE series.

It's been a few weeks since Emalie has distanced herself from Oliver, assuming he's the one responsible for Dean's death. But out of nowhere, Dean shows back up in Oliver's life. But Dean is now a zombie!

Everyone knows that the person who kills someone is the only one that can raise a zombie. Well, everyone assumes that Oliver is the one that killed Dean, but since he's positive he's
Melissa
If the YAs and older have Edward from Twilight, I dare say the younger age group can claim Oliver Nocturne for themselves. I can imagine that this story would stir a whole lot more of suspense and reaction from younger readers than from me as an adult. The story wasn't bad, and it was entertaining enough to make me read it till the end and even made me buy the next in its series, the Sunlight Slayings. In this second book, Oliver has more depth and becomes a stronger character. His adventures ar ...more
Mahra Almulla
Even though I read it way before reading tfios *i consider tfios as my first book*
Cause I was too young to function the story in my little head
Alisha Feiloakitohi
good read i loved the twist in it and liked how they proved that oliver did not kill dean and surprised me by dean really died
Aleeza Batara
This book is when Oliver tries to be friends with Emalie but there is some kind of conflict about it because Emalie has this spirit and is trying to slay Oliver! But no fear, Oliver is taking control of Emalie ( as in being friends with her again and stop the evil spirit that is protecting her). But this is the sequel of the first book of Oliver Nocturne so if you read the first book and wanna read the second one... be prepared this book will knock you down.
P.S I have the book at home so you can
Chevinf
Awesome book.
Juliana R.
November 14-

I just finished this book last night. It was great and full of suspense the whole time. This is the second book in the series, there are five in all. This book is about a boy named Oliver. He is a vampire that was given a prophecy. His human friend and his zombie friend are his only companions. In this book lots of vampires are being slain and it looks like Emalie (the human friend)is doing it. Is she really?
Duane
This is the second book in the series and continues with Oliver trying to figure out if he was the vampire that killed Dean. Dean returns as a zombie in this book and really is the best character in this book. I didn't feel this book kept the reader as interested as the first one did. Someone is going around killing vampires with a Sun spell and it seems it might be Olivers past friend. I'm hoping the next book is better.
Lu
Blood-curlin' fun, tastey adventure.

Who will stop the enemy from destroying and killing vampire children?
Is Emalie doing this horrible revenge to get even with Dean's death?
Why is there attacks on only vampire children?
Who revived Dean from the dead and why?
When will these questions be answered?

Of course, when you finish reading this book....

READ MY DEARS, AND FEAST ON THIS BLOODEY ADVENTURES.
Luis San
Leí el segundo libro porque el primer libro te deja con muchas dudas. Me gustó, si ya leyeron el primero, les recomiendo seguir con la historia.
Brooke
An interesting idea that flowed well, the plot was good but was predictable. The character Dean was the most realistic in my opinion.
Hrairoo
I am getting more involved in this series. If you read it, you need to go to olivernocturne.com and read Emalie's point of view.
Justine
This one was good to and definitely had more action, though the other, I think, was more adventurous
Jana
It was pretty good, and I am still excited to see where it leads. Plus it was a quick read.
Schuylar
I really like this book and I definately want to read more in the series.
Kara
AWSOME!!!!!! ya gotta luv vampires!!
Taylor
it was not as good as the first
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
Very engaging series.
Lucas Cryer
Lucas Cryer marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Safiyyah
Safiyyah marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Chloe Draper
Chloe Draper marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Siddhu0808
Siddhu0808 marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Suirenn
Suirenn marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Geraldine Osornio
Geraldine Osornio marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
  • Alyxandra Harvey Collection (Drake Chronicles, #1-3; Haunting Violet, #1)
  • Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)
  • Birth of the Pack (Weregirls, #1)
  • Vampire Kisses - Blood Relatives: Complete Edition
  • Pemba's Song: A Ghost Story
  • Do-Over
  • Summer (Witch Season, #1)
  • Bitten (Dangerous Girls, #1-2)
  • Fang of the Vampire (Scream Street, #1)
  • Emily the Strange: Rock Issue (Dark Horse Comics Series 1, Issue #4 - The Rock Issue)
  • On Fire: A Teen Wolf Novel
  • The Seems: Lost Train of Thought (The Seems, #3)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 1
  • The Reckoning (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #3)
  • Pretty Dead
  • Rise of the Guardians Movie Novelization
  • Mary Jane
  • Mars, Volume 02
Author of the EXILE series, THE ATLANTEANS series, THE FELLOWSHIP FOR ALIEN DETECTION, the OLIVER NOCTURNE series and CARLOS IS GONNA GET IT. Musician in THE BOARD OF EDUCATION. Former K-8 science teacher, currently teaching with Richard Hugo House and Writers in the Schools. Originally from Cheshire, CT, now living in Seattle, by way of Boston.
More about Kevin Emerson...
The Lost Code (The Atlanteans, #1) Exile (Exile, #1) The Vampire's Photograph (Oliver Nocturne, #1) The Dark Shore (The Atlanteans, #2) Blood Ties (Oliver Nocturne, #3)