Start by marking “The Bradley Method: Student Workbook” as Want to Read:
The Bradley Method: Student Workbook

The Bradley Method: Student Workbook

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  95 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Published January 1st 2005 by AAHCC (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Bradley Method, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bradley Method

Aug 06, 2008 Laura added it
A friend loaned me this student workbook for a course on natural childbirth. I thought it was very informative, although in the end I had to be induced, and then agreed to an epidural. I think the role of the coach is really crucial. My husband just didn't have the personality for it, but it did work for my friend and the book did give me perspective on what kind of labor and delivery I wanted to have, making me feel more empowered as a patient. It may be a little too pushy for some, leading you ...more
Dana
Dec 02, 2008 Dana rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Couples Attending A Bradley Method Class
Recommended to Dana by: Bradley Method Instructor
Shelves: family
We were given this workbook while attending our 12 week "Bradley Method" class. What an amazing class and workbook!!! We learned SO much during the last 12 weeks about pregnancy, labor, delivery and caring for a baby during the first month. I would totally recommend this method to anyone that wants to labor/birth in a hospital, birthing center or at home. The Bradley Method emphasizes the husband being the coach/doula, taking steps to avoid unnecessary medical interventions, being educated in yo ...more
Tisha
Dec 20, 2014 Tisha rated it really liked it
Great tool for childbirth preparation!
Robin
May 25, 2009 Robin added it
This was the book Jeremy and I used most in the 12 week Bradley Natural Childbirth class we took in preparation for our first birthing experience in 2005. The workbook is invaluable and we plan to review it in detail in order to be ready for the new baby's arrival as well.
Marni
Sep 13, 2013 Marni rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-in-2013
The workbook had a lot of helpful information that supplemented classes very well. I do wish there was a resource that lists all of the answers to the questions in the event that a question wasn't covered in class, or if someone were to miss it.
Meghan
Mar 25, 2012 Meghan rated it really liked it
I loved the straight-forward facts and photos, the exercises (both physical and mental), and the emphasis on the husband-as-coach. Will definitely be keeping this around for reference.
Kathryn
Mar 06, 2008 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kathryn by: sis, Melanie
Great book about how to relax during natural childbirth. I haven't been able to do it naturally yet, but it really helped me relax much more in childbirth.
Leigh
Oct 11, 2011 Leigh rated it it was amazing
Exceptional, but so was our childbirth class instructor! This class and textbook enabled my husband and I to have a natural home birth with our daughter! :)
Mielle
Jan 10, 2008 Mielle rated it it was amazing
This education for pregnant women was priceless. The breathing incorporates yoga type breathes with meditation concentration and relaxation.
Jen
Nov 05, 2011 Jen rated it it was amazing
If you can get your hands on this, very useful for approaching natural childbirth. Usually only available through a Bradley class.
Grace
Jan 06, 2010 Grace rated it it was amazing
So much valuable information! I was able to have a natural, medicine-free and intervention-free childbirth because of the Bradley Method!
Laura Vogt
Mar 01, 2015 Laura Vogt rated it liked it
Love the method, loved our classes (taken the course twice). The workbook needs some serious updating, though.
Voracious_reader
Jun 18, 2014 Voracious_reader rated it really liked it
Haven't given birth yet (to our second). I'm reserving final coo nets on the book until it's been put to the test.
Robin
Feb 28, 2008 Robin rated it liked it
nothing really wrong with the workbook, I just didn't use it much... it was required for my Bradley class.
Sep 07, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
as we get reading for baby #2's arrival I'm re-reading this
Alanda Coon
Jan 10, 2010 Alanda Coon rated it liked it
very informative while taking a class
Victoria
Feb 22, 2015 Victoria rated it liked it
Shelves: parenting
Good information, but very repetitive
Cortni Mullin
Cortni Mullin rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Heather Geck
Heather Geck rated it did not like it
Feb 10, 2016
Laurelea Duffel
Laurelea Duffel marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Janet
Janet added it
Jan 19, 2016
jamie
jamie rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2016
Jamie Huckaby
Jamie Huckaby rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Alecia
Alecia rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Sunday
Sunday rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Emma Farinha
Emma Farinha marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015