Start by marking “The Bradley Method: Student Workbook” as Want to Read:
The Bradley Method: Student Workbook

The Bradley Method: Student Workbook

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Published January 1st 2005 by AAHCC (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Bradley Method, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bradley Method

Aug 06, 2008 Laura added it
A friend loaned me this student workbook for a course on natural childbirth. I thought it was very informative, although in the end I had to be induced, and then agreed to an epidural. I think the role of the coach is really crucial. My husband just didn't have the personality for it, but it did work for my friend and the book did give me perspective on what kind of labor and delivery I wanted to have, making me feel more empowered as a patient. It may be a little too pushy for some, leading you ...more
Dana
Dec 02, 2008 Dana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Couples Attending A Bradley Method Class
Recommended to Dana by: Bradley Method Instructor
Shelves: family
We were given this workbook while attending our 12 week "Bradley Method" class. What an amazing class and workbook!!! We learned SO much during the last 12 weeks about pregnancy, labor, delivery and caring for a baby during the first month. I would totally recommend this method to anyone that wants to labor/birth in a hospital, birthing center or at home. The Bradley Method emphasizes the husband being the coach/doula, taking steps to avoid unnecessary medical interventions, being educated in yo ...more
Tisha
Great tool for childbirth preparation!
Robin
May 25, 2009 Robin added it
This was the book Jeremy and I used most in the 12 week Bradley Natural Childbirth class we took in preparation for our first birthing experience in 2005. The workbook is invaluable and we plan to review it in detail in order to be ready for the new baby's arrival as well.
Marni
The workbook had a lot of helpful information that supplemented classes very well. I do wish there was a resource that lists all of the answers to the questions in the event that a question wasn't covered in class, or if someone were to miss it.
Meghan
I loved the straight-forward facts and photos, the exercises (both physical and mental), and the emphasis on the husband-as-coach. Will definitely be keeping this around for reference.
Kathryn
Mar 06, 2008 Kathryn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kathryn by: sis, Melanie
Great book about how to relax during natural childbirth. I haven't been able to do it naturally yet, but it really helped me relax much more in childbirth.
Leigh
Exceptional, but so was our childbirth class instructor! This class and textbook enabled my husband and I to have a natural home birth with our daughter! :)
Mielle
This education for pregnant women was priceless. The breathing incorporates yoga type breathes with meditation concentration and relaxation.
Jen
If you can get your hands on this, very useful for approaching natural childbirth. Usually only available through a Bradley class.
Grace
So much valuable information! I was able to have a natural, medicine-free and intervention-free childbirth because of the Bradley Method!
Laura Vogt
Love the method, loved our classes (taken the course twice). The workbook needs some serious updating, though.
Voracious_reader
Haven't given birth yet (to our second). I'm reserving final coo nets on the book until it's been put to the test.
Robin
nothing really wrong with the workbook, I just didn't use it much... it was required for my Bradley class.
as we get reading for baby #2's arrival I'm re-reading this
Alanda Coon
very informative while taking a class
Victoria
Good information, but very repetitive
Karlie
Karlie marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Elizabeth Foy
Elizabeth Foy marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Tarah Mclachlan
Tarah Mclachlan marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Brant
Brant marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Denice
Denice marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Children at Birth Husband-Coached Childbirth: The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth