Start by marking “Hit and Run Holiday (Nancy Drew: Files, #5)” as Want to Read:
Hit and Run Holiday (Nancy Drew: Files, #5)

Hit and Run Holiday (Nancy Drew Files #5)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  694 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Nancy tries to track down the driver who nearly killed her friend Kim Baylor.
Published November 1st 1986 by Turtleback Books (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Hit and Run Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hit and Run Holiday

Jaime
It’s been many, many years (20?) since I’ve read a Nancy Drew book, and I’d forgotten how much fun they can be. Nancy, Bess, and George have all they need for the perfect spring break — great weather, nice beaches, good looking guys, and a mystery. Nancy arrives just in time to see her friend run down in the street and witness the friend’s room being searched. And if she resisted the urge to find out what was going on, she wouldn’t be Nancy Drew. The storyline is actually still relevant, and if...more
Kaila
Nancy Drew has been my all time favorite teenage sleuth. In Hit and Run Holiday Nancy tires to go on vacation with her two best friends George and Bess and wants to visit an old friend. When she finds her old friend she get hit by a car. Nancy has to figure out who wanted to hurt her friend and why. When Nancy gets too involved in the case her own life is at risk and her top suspect ends up dead. Nancy, George and Bess have to put their heads together to solve this one. Nancy never seems to get...more
Rachel Brand
The transition into moderness with the Files worked better than the later Mysteries, and none of the books which I've read sound like travel guides. However, Nancy and her friends do seem a a bit like the Wakefield twins with their stunning beauty, ability to attract any guy and mysterious links with famous people.
Heather
I read a few books in this series in the late 80s. I can't remember a single title, so I'll just throw this one onto my "Tweens of the 80s" shelf for good measure. This series didn't leave nearly as big of an impression on me as Sweet Valley High.
Nattie
I was able to finish this one. It was good, but it made me realize that Nancy is a joke.

Nancy is dumb, George is dumber, and Bess is dumbest. Ned is stupid. These 4 couldn't save themselves from a roach.
Angela
Quick moving and very eventful storyline. Not the best on character but it is a short book. Lot of fun though.
Jie Hao
I love it! The book make me want to go beaching, but too bad I don't know how to swimming! lol~
Nikol Likja
Nice and interesting would be the perfect words to describe this book :-)
Jessica
this book was so suspenceful it is one of my favorites!!! :P
Melissa
This was a really good book. Was way too short though.
Svenja
Wie bei den anderen Bänden, 1 Stern Nostalgie-Bonus ;)
Aisling Spofford
It was an alright read. Liked the boat chase at the end.
Prami
Don't remember much but I know I liked it.
Leah Madsen
Not my fav out of the series, It was ok.
Liberty
Oct 18, 2008 Liberty rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who love a good mystery
Recommended to Liberty by: my sister
One of my favorite book of all time.
Autumn
Interesting way to spend a vacation.
Marts  (Thinker)
Another great Nancy Drew files mystery
Ingrid
loved it! stay tuned
Richa
Richa added it
Oct 01, 2014
  • The Arctic Patrol Mystery (Hardy Boys, #48)
  • Along the River: A Chinese Cinderella Novel
  • The Mystery of Wreckers' Rock (The Three Investigators, #42)
  • Vikram and the Vampire: Classic Hindu Tales of Adventure Magic and Romance
  • The Mystery of the Missing Mermaid (The Three Investigators, #36)
  • New York, New York! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #6)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str...more
More about Carolyn Keene...
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)