Start by marking “Christmas Is Good!: Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom” as Want to Read:
Christmas Is Good!: Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom

Christmas Is Good!: Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  252 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Sit! Stay! Eat! Celebrate!

Trixie has plenty of advice for sniffng out the true spirit of Christmas, keeping the holidays stress free, and finding that perfect gift - you can never go wrong with hot dogs!

CHRISTMAS IS GOOD! is an irresistible stocking stuffer full of furry tidbits to maximize yuletide fun -- including caroling with cats (if necessary), baking tasty sausage,
Published October 31st 2005 by Yorkville Press

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Is Good!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Is Good!

Melora
Dec 21, 2015 Melora rated it it was amazing
This is sweet and funny. And along with all the cartoon pictures of dogs enjoying the holiday there are photos of Trixie Koontz, who is adorable. Not being a horror fan, I've never read anything by Dean Koontz before, but he did a fine job helping his dog Trixie with her book!

Trixie loves Christmas. "Love it, love it, love it!!! Yuletide carols being sung by choir! Silver bells! City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style! Halls decked, mistletoe hung! Folks dressed up like Eskimos!
Benji Young
Jul 02, 2015 Benji Young rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm known as the dog person in my family. Not surprisingly, every year I get at least one dog book. One year, this was that dog book. It was hilarious and adorable. There really isn't much else to say about it. Every now and then when I'm feeling down and need a quick pick-me-up, I skim this book. It helps.
Tessa Eger
Dec 22, 2015 Tessa Eger rated it really liked it
Cute, funny, makes you smile. What's not to like? Golden Retriever, Trixie, is a real cutie, too.
Jackie
Dec 16, 2009 Jackie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Christmas Is Good" by Trixie Koontz, who is author Dean Koontz's dog, a retired service dog. It is hilarious--I"m talking rib aching, tears in the eyes, can't breathe because you are laughing too hard hilarious. It even contains a recipe, from Three Dog Bakery for Peanut Butter dog treats. The best part is that Trixie is donating all of her royalties from this book to Canine Companions for Independence, the organization who originally raised and trained her.
Elizabeth
Apr 21, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Is the holiday stress getting you down? Are you feeling overly grinchy? Then take a break from Christmas mayhem and remind yourself of the joy of the season. Fix yourself some cocoa, grab a candy cane, and read this book! Depicting Christmas from the perspective of an innocent--in this case, an innocent dog--this story is cute, adorable, and laugh-out-loud funny at times. Not-quite-grammatical dogspeak is a plus.
Michelle
Dec 08, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I read waaaaaaaay too many Dean Koontz books. I knew all about his love for Trixie, I knew when she died, and I adored her for her loving, sweet spirit which shows up in so many of his novels.

I didn't know that Trixie was an author, too! I can't wait to read her first novel, "Life Is Good", which unfortunately our library doesn't own. (I didn't love 'Bliss To You' quite as much as this one, but I sure wish I had read it before my Stake Conference talk a few weeks ago so I could have picked
Jen
Jan 11, 2009 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: dog-books
A thoroughly enjoyable and hysterical read. I knew I'd love it when the introduction cracked me up. Trixie is detailing random lines from her favorite Christmas carols:

"...tiny tots with eyes aglow! No. Wait. Forget that last one. Tiny tots with eyes aglow reminds me of "Village of the Damned," scary movie. Saw it, hid under bed for two days."

Also see Do not tie cat to tree for decoration. Is funny, but not worth losing your nose.

Thousands of little girls , still angry at last year's shortage of
Colleendearborn
Feb 27, 2016 Colleendearborn rated it it was amazing
My favorite Christmas book. It puts me in the Christmas spirit because it always makes me laugh. Fabulous humor, illustrations, and heart-warming thoughts. . . . I adore Trixie and her sausages.
Lori
I absolutely love Trixie's fun and powerful holiday wisdom! She was such a delight always with her wings going to offer wisdom in any form. Love this book!
Mayda
Mar 24, 2013 Mayda rated it it was amazing
You don’t have to own a dog or even be a dog lover to appreciate the photos and humor in this compact book. Trixie Koontz has given us a dog’s eye view of Christmas, along with some good advice on gift giving (“if it tastes like bacon, everyone will like it”) and what you should not do (“do not tie cat to tree for decoration – it’s funny, but not worth losing your nose”). The real meaning of Christmas is here, too. “Is not about gifts. Is about Jesus, love, hope, and dog treats.” So, treat the d ...more
Pam
Jan 24, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trixie is sweet. This looks like a kids book but actually is for adults.
Sheila Beaumont
Dec 20, 2013 Sheila Beaumont rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals, funny, dogs, cats, rereads
What fun! Smart dog Trixie Koontz really knows what Christmas is all about: "Is not about gifts. Is about Jesus, love, hope and dog treats." One of her tips for enjoying Christmas: "Do not tie cat to tree for decoration. Is funny, but not worth losing your nose." Her holiday wish list includes lots of sausages, plus peanut butter, meatballs, tennis balls, and a DVD of "America's Funniest Stupid-Cat Videos." This wise golden retriever has left us humans an inspiring little book full of Christmas ...more
Jordan Lammert
Dec 21, 2014 Jordan Lammert rated it really liked it
cute
Katie
Feb 14, 2009 Katie rated it really liked it
My husband and I adopted a Chow/golden retriever mix dog named Mariah as a gift to each other this past Christmas. We never realized how much she would fill the voids in our lives! Suddenly we are part of a group of fellow dog-lovers, and I am being reccomended books to read about dogs at the library where I work. This book was really cute! It gave us suggestions on how to make our first christmas with our "fur-daughter" a memorable one. Lots of treats and toys wrapped lightly in paper for her t ...more
Heidi
Feb 23, 2011 Heidi rated it it was ok
I had to review this for a cataloging decision. It's one of those that looks like it should be children's, but it is for adults. And very few adults ever want to check out so juvenile-looking a book. So it is pretty much doomed within the library. I think my dog-loving brother would like this, especially with the annoying "doggie talk." Some humor was funny, some was not to my taste, and some just wasn't funny. Funny that this would be my first Dean Koontz book.
Colleen the Avid Reader, Geek Girl, and Jedi's Mom
So cute and funny!
Elke
Mar 16, 2009 Elke rated it liked it
Shelves: signed, sale, own, christmas, review
This book shows what is most important during christmas time - from the view of a dog. But of course Trixie's thoughts can be transferred to humans as well, making you recognize yourself or those around you in the little anecdotes. Not just for dog lovers, this book is a cute little christmas treat. And you can do a good deed as well, as each purchase supports the Canine Companions for Independence.
Dec 15, 2009 Laura rated it it was amazing
Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom-Christmas is Good! was a great read. It was perfect for the christmas season. It was fun to read and made you laugh. This story was told from the prospective of a dog and how he viewed what christmas is all about. Very light and easy reading.
Bunny
Mar 20, 2013 Bunny rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-13
There's an adorable quote in here, about how much Trixie's mom adored the slippers Trixie crocheted for her from dog fur.

The cartoon above this quote shows a dog knitting.

This book got three stars bumped off of it for that. It is not okay to confuse the two.
Nancy
Apr 01, 2010 Nancy rated it really liked it
Holiday wit and wisdom (and at least one Christmas wish list) from Dean Koontz's beloved Golden Retriever Trixie. Lots of pictures of Trixie, who went to the Rainbow Bridge in 2008 (hope she met up with my Golden boy Nicky there - they'd hit it off right away).
Tracy
Jan 08, 2010 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
AWESOME book - read it 3 times this christmas - read it every time I am sad - cheers me up and gives me the right perspective on things
Joanne
Dec 26, 2008 Joanne rated it really liked it
Trixie is just the best - except for her negative feelings about cats:) But she sure has the spirit of Christmas down right!
Sarai
This is a cute piece of fluff book. Trixie the dog talks about presents (sausage!) and the meaning of Christmas.
Marianne McKiernan
Jan 04, 2009 Marianne McKiernan rated it really liked it
Trixie is just plain funny. This is a great stocking-stuffer for the dog-lover in your life. Proceeds benefit CCI, too.
Jeannie
Sep 06, 2010 Jeannie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animal-tales
An adorable Trixie book with cute anecdotes on Christmas fun and cheer.
Larri
Mar 25, 2010 Larri rated it it was amazing
If you have a dog, or if you know a dog who has a human, this is a fun read.
MJ
May 27, 2010 MJ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
Such fun. Trixie knows what is important about Christmas--sausages!
Rose fell
Mar 17, 2008 Rose fell marked it as to-read
I want to read this so bad...I can't wait...
Amy
Feb 01, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Love all the Trixie Koontz books!
Sarah Fox
Cute, humorous book; would recommend!
  • I, Trixie, Who is Dog
  • Cats' Letters to Santa
  • Oddkins: A Fable for All Ages
  • Demon Child
  • Dragonfly
  • Surrounded (Tucker Series, Book 2)
Nicknames:
Short Stuff, Trix, Furface, Fluffybutt

Quick Bio:
Purebred, Service Dog

Arrival Story:
I was a CCI assistance dog. After elbow surgery, was retired from service and came to live as a Koontz in Newport Beach. Wrote three books to raise money for other assistance dogs.

Bio:
Trixie was an angel on earth, shorn of her wings and given fur as a disguise, with mysterious eyes, with the heart of a lio
More about Trixie Koontz...