Start by marking “A Collection of Love Gifts” as Want to Read:
A Collection of Love Gifts

A Collection of Love Gifts

Experience the enduring love of your heavenly Father through this treasured volume of inspiring poetry by Helen Steiner Rice, the poet laureate of inspirational verse. Poems like Finding Faith in a Flower and Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled will refresh and inspire long-time and first-time readers and is perfect for ministry use or personal evangelism. You'll find your spir ...more
Published February 1st 2007 by Value Books (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about A Collection of Love Gifts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Collection of Love Gifts

Donald Owens II
Nov 19, 2016 Donald Owens II rated it did not like it
This doggerel is really not poetry; but unimaginative platitudes that rhyme. One title typifies them all: "Never Borrow Sorrow from Tomorrow". Painful!
abcdefg
This actually made a better impression than I thought it was going to.

While the poetry rhyming scheme was mostly rigid, simple, and quaint, the messages were incredibly positive. Given it's a Christian and religious book of poems, it surprisingly wasn't weighed down with Biblical verses, which I really appreciated.

I feel like Rice wrote these poems from her heart, as simple as they are and as religious as they are, yet still somehow sweet in their intention. Because of that, I give this book th
Julie
Feb 07, 2017 Julie added it
Great collection of love & spiritual poems
Natalie Weber
Mar 09, 2011 Natalie Weber rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
This book of poems was a Valentine’s gift from some friends of mine. I had heard of Helen Steiner Rice, but didn’t know anything about her or her work. My friends included a biographical sketch with the book that helped me gain a greater appreciation for the woman who is considered “America’s beloved inspirational poet laureate.” There was nothing especially insightful about these poems, but they were sweet little reminders of God’s love.
Voracious_reader
Feb 03, 2010 Voracious_reader rated it really liked it
It wasn't John Donne, Carl Sandburg or Donald Justice, but I enjoyed it anyway. I found it for 99 cents in a tiny bookstore and bought it on a lark not knowing how rewarding it actually would be. Sentimental and moving, this little book contained more insight into forming an intimate relationship with God than most of the "serious" religious and philisophical texts I've read over the years. Sometimes simple really is better.
Karie
Oct 24, 2008 Karie rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I couldn't find the actual title Gifts of love. but it is a collection of poetry and thoughts. It was recently given to me by one of my nurse co-workers to pass on to others. It's a very fast and easy read. Has some old and some new poems.
Treehugger
Treehugger rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2013
Tj
Tj rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2009
Shauna
Shauna rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Kelikala
Kelikala rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2011
Fourborne
Fourborne rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2015
Maribel
Maribel rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2012
Cody
Cody rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2008
Laura Verret
Laura Verret rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2010
Shoba
Shoba rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Barbara Gilpin
Barbara Gilpin rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2011
Maribel
Maribel rated it it was ok
Dec 12, 2012
Kaleigh Rollins
Kaleigh Rollins rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2014
Natashia Kruger
Natashia Kruger rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2013
Davia Brahm
Davia Brahm rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2016
Regina Dunaway
Regina Dunaway rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2013
Barbara Calvert
Barbara Calvert rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2014
Aqueous
Aqueous rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Thalia
Thalia rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2009
Denise Rhoades
Denise Rhoades rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2011
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Faith
Faith rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014