Start by marking “In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)” as Want to Read:
In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)

In Too Deep (T-FLAC #4)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  2,315 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Beauty can be deceiving. . . .
Tally Cruise has come to Paradise Island for a long-awaited reunion with the father she never knew. But when she arrives, he is nowhere to be found. Still, she is so thrilled by the seductive beauty of the island that she doesn't see the danger boiling right below the surface-until a mysterious explosion nearly kills her. She is rescued by an
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published July 27th 2004 by Ballantine Books (first published August 27th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about In Too Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Too Deep

Kathrynn
Feb 12, 2008 Kathrynn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense Readers
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
Book #4 in the T-FLAC series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The main characters had serious phobias to overcome and both were physically imperfect, but they were wonderfully charismatic. I enjoyed the writing style of this book and can see how the author "grew" as the series progresses. "In Too Deep," she utilized more tools of the trade: wordsmithing (the careful selection of each and every word and phrase). I had to laugh at her metaphors and similes; they were brilliant!

"...hours ticking away
Pamela(AllHoney)
This is the fourth book in the T-FLAC series and my second book by Cherry Adair and I've decided she simply isn't to my personal taste in reading. The story had all the right elements but just didn't work for me. I give it 2 and a half stars. I have to give it points for being able to read it through to the end.
Holly
Aug 29, 2009 Holly rated it it was ok
marlene
Sep 04, 2009 marlene rated it really liked it
Getting to watch another Wright brother find his girl is always fun. Do none of them come across their ladies in any type or normal setting? of course not where would be the fun in that one?

Tally was my favorite of the girls so far. She took one look at the man who saved her from a boat explosion and decided she was rescued by a pirate. a one eyed, ripped, deliciously hot pirate.

michael plans to use Tally as a means to complete his mission. that lasts about 2 hours till he has Tally in his bed
Ladiibbug
May 27, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it liked it
#4 T-FLAC - Romantic Suspense

Michael Wright / Tally Cruise

Pretty good - loved the setting, a private island near Tahiti.

Michael, a former SEAL, returns to a arms dealer's haven to take another crack at bringing down his criminal enterprise.

Tally is on a yacht near Michael's boat when *** no spoiler** which forces Michael to bring her aboard. Her presence complicates his mission of revenge.

Hollie
Jul 14, 2011 Hollie rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It had me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next twist. Tally was feisty and I loved the way she stood up for herself! Michael was just all hero! and her father really was a douche bag! :)
Pamela Hanna
Feb 02, 2011 Pamela Hanna rated it really liked it
So far its been good will be interesting to see how it ends :)
Cheri
May 11, 2017 Cheri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. The writing was somewhat poor and typos. The story itself was ok. Lots of sex and physical abuse as well as murder. The murders were quick and could have been more to them.
Kathy
Michael, Kyle's brother... exNavySEAL... a year ago, a mission went sour and he lost his eye, and his best friend/partner, and his career to Trevor Church - a chopshop yacht stealer, and arms dealer, murderer, selfish prick.. Michael is afraid of being in the water, and has been fighting his fear the last year...He has spent a year gathering intell and making plans for vengence...

Tally Cruise, a plain looking woman (who's rear was nice) spent her childhood with her mother traveling from country
PepperP0t
4.5stars actually
Michael Wright is on a recon mission of vengeance when he spies a worthy pawn in the form of Tally Cruise. Tally just happens to be the daughter of the man who cost him an eye, a friend and his will to do his job in one fell swoop. What Michael doesn't know is that Trevor really isn't interested in Tally and invites her for a visit on his private island then consigns her to the local hotel instead of his mansion -- and he's day's late. Michael has his opportunity to get close to
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Michael is keeping an eye on the daughter and the right-hand man of his archenemy on a boat when an explosion of the boat of the people he is watching sends Tally into the water; he has no choice but to help her. The attraction between them is obvious right from the start especially for Tally;

"His lips twitched. “Okay, little bear; take off the shirt so I can check your arm.”
“I don’t need to remove my top-my arms stick out the sides, in case you haven’t noticed.”
“Honey, I’ve noticed everything a

Mom
Aug 05, 2010 Mom rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-during-2010
Tally Cruise has come to Paradise Island for a long-awaited reunion with the father she never knew. But when she arrives, he is nowhere to be found. Still, she is so thrilled by the seductive beauty of the island that she doesn't see the danger that is boiling right below the surfaceuntil a mysterious explosion nearly kills her. She is rescued by an enigmatic man whose intensity is as undeniable as his sex appeal . . . a mysterious stranger who is not what he seems.
Michael Wright is on Paradise
3 1/2 stars

Michael Wright is out for revenge. His enemy's daughter comes along and Michael decides that Tally will work perfectly into his plan.
Tally hasn't been so lucky with love in her life. She's fine with the way things are, but Michael makes her feel too many things she never thought she wanted.

Hmmm...this was a tough one. Michael was a class-A jerk (or insert a worse word to your liking here) and I couldn't stand him at the beginning of the book. In fact, I didn't like him for about 7/8th
July
Feb 08, 2008 July rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
This book was just not as good as Kiss and Tell or Hide and Seek. But it did remind me of The Mercernary. It started out very slow. Michael is another Wright brother. And it takes forever to find out why he loses his Navy Seal career. He is so bitter the whole time and you have no idea why. He has lost an eye. You have no idea why. Tally Cruise is the daughter of his enemy that he wants to kill. He ends up saving Tally's life. Which in turn gives him the opportunity to get close to her. Her fath ...more
Alison
Michael, the oldest Wright brother, and Tally.

Michael lost his eye and his best friend/SEAL partner on a mission. Since then he has been terrified of the sea and determined to get revenge.

Tally Cruise has been invited to visit her father Trevor on his island, Paradise, little knowing that he is a pirate who steal yachts and ships then sells them and their cargoes.

Michael decides to get at Trevor through Tally, and gets his chance almost immediately when the yacht she is on blows up.

Poor Tally is
Rebecca
Feb 14, 2010 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Brenda
Jan 10, 2013 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Have I told any of you how much I love Cherry Adair? No? Oh man, I'm so sorry! OK, Cherry writes these amazing books, full of love, sex, intrigue, passion, adventure, and....oh yeah.....great monkey sex. I won't give a summary of the book, as others before me have done a great job. I will tell you, I love these enhanced books! Many times, while reading a book, I'll wonder how the author researched a scene, or how did they came up with the main story, itself. With Cherry's enhanced books you get ...more
Tina
Jul 10, 2011 Tina rated it really liked it

One of my favorite Adair books. Also one of my top 5 favorite heros. I loved Tally too, I loved how Michael called her Tally Ho. And their chemistry was just so electric! Seriously, I loved this book. I may come back later and raise my rating to a 5 star. The only reason I didn't give it to begin with is because I wasn't keen on Michael using Tally at first. So he's not all that perfect. He makes a lot of ignorant assumptions, but I still swoon over him. Ah well, I recommend this book w
Stephanie
Sep 21, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kristy
Book 4 of the T-FLAC series. I really liked it! I am loving the T-FLAC series! I liked this one better than the first book Mercenary. I love the combination of danger and romance. A lot of shooting and killing and hand to hand combat, but also some pretty steamy scenes. One of those scenes I'm thinking of in particular was the part with the pearls... hott!

Can't wait to read the next book!

Linda
Oct 02, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
Tally Cruise has made it to Paradise. Of course, it’s an island that her biological father owns. She has come to meet him for the first time. As soon as she arrives on the island, life threatening explosions start going off all around her. Then she meets ex-Navy Seal Michael Wright, who rescues her. I recommend you read this book to find out where the next explosion happens. It’s a really good book and I know you will love it
Lauren
In Too Deep
2 Stars

Disappointing - the pacing is off with too many descriptive passage detracting from the tension and suspense. The arms dealer plot is underdeveloped and the villains barely constitute any real threat. While the main characters have potential as individuals, Tally is definitely kick-ass and Michael very sexy, their romance makes no sense.

Hopefully the next one will be better.

P.A. DePaul
Jan 14, 2013 P.A. DePaul rated it did not like it
I didn't like this one because we've heard/read about this main character in the previous books and found him strong, formidible and intriguing. When this book opens we find a major, life-changing event has happened to him and we never got to experience it. We were just told about it. Therefore when it came to his whole plot of vengence for it, I couldn't really root him on and feel much about whether he succeeded or not.
Bet Lantaff
Jun 18, 2012 Bet Lantaff rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of all Adair's TFLAC stories and I keep thinking of it when I think of her writing. It has been a few years since I've read this one but I think I'm going to have to pick it up from my keeper stacks and read it so I can fall in love all over again with hunk Michael Wright. Yowsa!
Mandi
Apr 19, 2012 Mandi rated it it was amazing
By far my favorite Wright brother and one that visits in some of Cherry's later books. It always gives me a little thrill when I see him mentioned in other stories :) Tally was one of my favorite heroines as well but I'm not sure how much of that had to do with my love for Michael! Lol either way, fabulous book as usual!
Cheryl
Jul 11, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it had me sitting on the edge of my chair waiting to see what the newest twist would be. Micheal makes a great reluctant hero and Tally is feisty enough to stand her ground against him, what a great pair they make. This still remains one of my favorites. And the additional enhancements at the end are a big bonus for me.
Michelle
Mar 12, 2009 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: action-adventure
Michael Wright has lost his best friend, his eye and his career and the paralyzing fear of water that he's been left with is certainly no compenstion. The only goal he has left in life is to take down the man responsible for it all. He believes he will go to any lengths to do so, but does that include using the man's daughter?
Amanda Fowler
Oct 08, 2012 Amanda Fowler rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Hard to put down, only ate and drank when necissary. Had to put up a do not disturb sign on my door for the day. Adventure, supsence, passion. a TOTAL MUST READ....put your coffee down and get to it. Cherry Adair doing her best work.
Jeanette
I enjoy books by this author and will continue to read this series but this one fell really flat for me. Tally's character made no sense to me. Most annoyingly was the way she kept telling the people trying to kill her, "knock it off". Really?
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This one was okay. Estranged father/daughter relationships don't really do it for me. The hot guy Michael was a yummy candy to read. Although, with the title, "in too deep", I'm hoping for some hotter sex. Denied!
  • Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • No Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #4)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • Tall, Dark And Dangerous (Tall, Dark and Dangerous, #1-2)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4)
Always an adventurer in life as well as writing, New York Times best-selling author Cherry Adair moved halfway across the globe from Cape Town, South Africa to the United States in her early years to become a interior designer. Now a resident of the Pacific Northwest she shares the award- winning adventures of her fictional T-FLAC counter terrorism operatives with her readers.

Cherry settled in bea
More about Cherry Adair...

T-FLAC (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Mercenary (T-FLAC, #1)
  • Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)
  • Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3)
  • Out of Sight (T-FLAC, #5)
  • On Thin Ice (T-FLAC #6)
  • Hot Ice (T-FLAC, #7)
  • Edge of Danger (T-FLAC, #8)
  • Edge Of Fear (T-FLAC #9)
  • Edge of Darkness (T-FLAC, #10)
  • White Heat (T-FLAC, #11)

“Did you see what happened?"
"Hard to miss," he said dryly. "Your boat went kaplooie."
Tally blinked at his easy dismissal of two lives and a million-dollar boat. "Is that the technical term for it?”
4 likes
“You’re not the boss of me,” she told him breathlessly.
His chuckle sounded strangled. “Pretend I am for a while.”
3 likes