Start by marking “Eclipse of the Heart (Eclipse, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eclipse of the Heart (Eclipse, #1)

Eclipse of the Heart (Eclipse #1)

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Lan is openly gay, but a closet werewolf. A university lecturer with a history of abuse, he finds it hard to reconcile his submissive nature with his predatory tendencies.

Tough but sensitive, bouncer Mason wants to help Lan come to terms with his past. He loves Lan, but Lan is hiding something from him. Something that might get them both killed.

Will the truth eclipse the p
Published December 1st 2004 by Loose ID

To ask other readers questions about Eclipse of the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eclipse of the Heart

Karen K
I know this book has gotten some harsh ratings but I quite enjoyed it. I really liked Lan and Mason and the unique shifter universe pitting the wolves against the rest. The story had its issues but I was able to still enjoy it because I thought it was well-written and unique.
Ms. Nikki
Skye Blue
Um...I was interested. I really liked Mason.
Bob was pointless. Maybe if the story had been longer, it might have made sense to add it...but it didn't bring much to the party, and made me have less respect for Lan.
Descent start, some interest in the middle, sorry ending.
Potential for a high 3 star read, but fell short.
Jules Jones
(From my ARC blurbs collection at my website) [return]I was asked to blurb an ARC of this; blurb follows: -- "Eclipse of the Heart tackles the issue of prejudice without being preachy, and is a gorgeous love story besides. The scorching sex scenes don't exactly hurt, either. All right, this one could have been written especially for me, but I think it's a must-buy for those who like their gay erotica to be hot and romantic."[return][return]Further comments -- Excellent m/m romance, and also a n ...more
This one just didn't grab me. I did read it all the way through, twice, but neither the characters nor tho story held my attention. If it were a paperback it would be on the resale pile, not the keeper shelf.

Chemistry between the two main characters is lacking. They've been together a few months and already they're angsting with the 'Don't you love me?', 'What is love?' questions that, in my experience, guys just don't ask that often. The plot has a lot of potential for conflict in several direc
I couldn't connect to this story. It was as if I was watching a film that talked from beginning to the ending. I was having hard time to keep my eyes wide open while reading it but I did finished it.

I don't know, most paranormal stories I've read...I usual expected good number of actions but this one didn't really have any actions. Maybe I missed it while struggling to stay awake? Who knows.

The author's writing style are well enough to make me want to try her other books. It's a first book I've
I read this book 5 days ago and can't remember a thing about it!!! O_o I'll tick it off for the challenge I read it for but will have to re-read at a later date and write a review then *embarrassed blush* I blame the furor surrounding the Australian election ... I was very distracted by the disaster that was impending and eventually occurred ...
This started out well and I liked the author's style. I was a bit confused and it seemed to jump around a bit but it was fine for a short...but the ending was too hasty and I was really turned off when Lan (view spoiler).
3.5 stars. Good paranormal m/m romance about a coyote-wolf shifter who moves to a new town with his oblivious-to-the-paranormal human boyfriend and gets caught up in the paranormal politics against his will. This is going to be one that people either love or hate...
This book felt strangely incomplete. It just... ends. It felt only about 2/3 done, so ummm.... where's the last 1/3 of the book?

I just couldn't really get into this book. It was a ok read but just not for me .
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Miza Peters
Miza Peters marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Driima marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Tracey marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Stunning Mess
Stunning Mess marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
mah1 marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Toria Hemmings
Toria Hemmings marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Emily is a writer of erotic romance, dark fantasy and gay fiction. She is also an illustrator, crafter, blogger, poet, reviewer, adventuress and general purpose smart ass.
More about Emily Veinglory...

Eclipse (2 books)
  • Here Comes the Sun (Eclipse, #2)
Father of Dragons (Ballot's Keep, #1) Wolfkin The Wicca Man: Tongue-Tied The Sculptor's Muse The Nameless God