Doctor Who: Helicon Prime (The Companion Chronicles, #2.2)

Doctor Who: Helicon Prime (The Companion Chronicles #6)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  8 reviews
It's been a long time since Jamie McCrimmon remembered anything about his travels with the Doctor, but his visit to Helicon Prime just won't stay hidden... but why remember their murder investigation now?
Audio CD
Published November 30th 2007 by Big Finish Productions

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Jacqueline O.
Helicon Prime is the second of Big Finish's Companion Chronicles I've listened to. The format is somewhat between a true audiobook and one of Big Finish's audio plays. Frazier Hines reads the story and plays the parts of Jaime, and, surprisingly well, the Second Doctor (I didn't realise it was Frazier at all at first). Suzanne Proctor plays the part of Mindy Voir, and then Frazier reads the descriptions. It helps that in this story, Jaime is actually telling his story to someone else. Also, the...more
Aidan
Helicon Prime is perhaps not the most challenging Doctor Who story ever written but I found it to be a very enjoyable adventure for the second Doctor and Jamie.

Much of what makes Helicon Prime so entertaining to listen to is the splendid reading by Frazer Hines who, once again, manages to really capture the inflections and personality of Troughton's Doctor and bring the character to life.

He is supported by actress Suzanne Proctor who plays singer Mindy Voir, who joins Jamie in his investigations...more
Angela
The Doctor and Jamie have a holiday, only problem is someone is murdered in the hotel and the killers are after a lost treasure. This is a fun, if somewhat predictable story. The joy is in Fraser Hines portrayal of the 2nd Doctor, and the interplay between the two characters. A good listen.
Christopher Buchanan
Frazier Hines does Troughton so well you'd almost think he was in it.
Nicholas Whyte
I've seen some rave reviews of Helicon Prime out there; I'm afraid it didn't especially grab me, as I thought the plot was pretty unoriginal, but I felt that the planet of Helicon itself was well portrayed and that Frazer Hines made a decent effort at catching Troughton.[return]
Noah Soudrette
While the story here isn't anything spectacular, Frazier Hines reading is amazing. His impression of Patrick Troughton's Doctor is spot on, and he's just a joy to listen to.
Anne Barwell
Frazer Hines does a great job. His Patrick Troughton is spot on. I always loved 2nd Doctor/Jamie adventures and this doesn't disappoint.
Debra Cook
It was okay. Nothing gripping. Though Frazier Hines does a great Patrick Troughton imitiation.
Julia Books
Julia Books marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Shelby Smith
Shelby Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Dallas
Dallas marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Lindsey Lewis
Lindsey Lewis marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Dominic
Dominic marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Librarian note: There is more than one author on goodreads by this name.
More about Jake Elliot...
Short Trips: Farewells (Doctor Who Short Trips Anthology Series) Wildthyme on Top (Doctor Who Big Finish New Worlds)