Start by marking “Glück des Fliegens” as Want to Read:
Glück des Fliegens

Richard Bach

Glück des Fliegens

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  1,330 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Once in a generation a book, a vision, a writer, capture the imaginationand emotions of millions. JonathanLivingston Seagull was such a book. Richard Bach's unique vision again shines forth, touching with magic the drama of life in all its limitless horizons. Once again Richard Bach has written a masterpiece to help you touch that part of your homethat is the sky. ...more
Paperback
Published June 1st 1995 by Ullstein Buchverlage GmbH & Co. KG / Ullstein Tas (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Glück des Fliegens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glück des Fliegens

John Mahon
A collection of short stories that Richard had published in Flying Magazine. I bought my (first ) copy on my 18th birthday. It gave the strength to believe in my dream of becoming a pilot. Some of the stories are brilliant in their simplicity, and depth. It might be a little too technical in places. Highly recommended.
Tom Fowler
I love everything Bach wrote. Don't always agree with his theology, but do his imagery.
Rick
An excellent compilation of the wide variety of Bach's capabilities as an aviation author. These short stories entertain and educate as well as give insight to the mind of the writer. Bach to me is comparable to earlier aviation authors along the St. Exupery or Anne Lindbergh genre. It's an easy read as most stories are short, some too much so. Bach has the ability to draw his reader in to his story and sometimes leaves them wanting more when he ends them.
Vogon
I have just put my my recent reading of this book in here but I have read this book a number of times. Every time I read it I am inspired. It brings out the joy and agony of flight so beautifully that I have a nostalgia for something I have never experienced before. Once, based on this book, I took an introductory flight on a small Cessna 172. It was beautiful and moving - much like this book is. I am sure I will read it again within the next five years.
Maija
Love the book. It's inspiring and allows to fly up in the sky every time I open it.
Terimila
Before I started reading this book, it had NEVER happened to me that I would feel that someone expresses my real and secret thoughts and feelings better than I do by myself. Now I know it's possible. And it's wonderful to see that not only I am a crazy dreamer who's in love with flying, but also a very experienced pilot feels something similar. I am lost for words about this book.
Summer Houston

This is great for anyone that loves flying. Bach takes you into the clouds with every detail of the pilots control. Places and scenes you'll never come to know until you've been behind the controls. Adventure in the open skies.
Caroline
I'm stunned to find out how much of my life has been based on Richard Bach's writings - I guess I could do worse.
Kari Phillips
Mar 19, 2008 Kari Phillips rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: for those who love Richard Bach's writing
Recommended to Kari by: Mom, of course
...makes me homesick for wind and sky ...
Sebastjan
Enkrat v generaciji knjiga, vizija ali pisatelj ujamejo domišljijo in čustva milijonov ljudi. Takšna knjiga je Jonathan Livingston Galeb.

Enkratna vizija Richarda Bacha nas v Podarjenih krilih zopet obseva, dotika se nas z magijo drame življenja, v vsej svoji neomejenosti horizontov. Ponovno je Richard Bach napisal mojstrovino, ki nam pomaga dotakniti se neba, ki je naš dom.

=====================================
Moji najboljši papirnati otroci so zbrani tu. Rešil sem jih izpod kupa zavržene šare, r
Gordon Gravley
A satisfying collection of stories about flying, filled with non-preachy life lessons.
Angela
This book wasn't nearly as metaphysical as Bach's other books. Instead, it focused on flying - "A Gift of Wings" is pretty literal! I read this simple, heartfelt book about flying while I was working at a small airport and learning how to fly. It was a pretty powerful combination. How would it stand up? I have no idea.
Tony Hoft
Finally, I located the dusty paperback after all these years.
I read this book so long ago, after Jonathan Livingstone Seagull and Illusions by the same author. All I remember is that I enjoyed A Gift of Wings so much, I didn't want it to end. Now that I have it in hand after twenty years, time to read it again.
Stuart Kelly
I read this many years ago and I loved it. It's a collection of short stories all to do with aviation. Bach's love of flying and of aeroplanes shines out of the pages and inspires. Even after all the years hied prose has the power to enable me to mentally 'slip the surly bonds of earth'.
Richard
A book to read and re-read. Although not a flier myself, I was immersed in aviation as an aircraft mechanic in my early years and Richard Bach helps me to reconnect with that wonderful world of flying.
Beedo180
Great collection of short stories spanning both the theological and technical aspects of aviation. "Found At Pharisee" sticks in my recollections as a standout.
Jack
A great collection of stories for the adventuring introspective reader. Simple stories that take you to surprising places. Neat!
Andy
A bunch of SHORT stories...maybe skits is a better word. Many are 3 pages. Some as many as 9 pages. I liked some, I dis-liked others.
Ayan Scratuglia
Richard Bach once again touches high levels by analyzing the drama of life in all its limitless horizons. Wonderful.
Michael Young
A wonderful collection of short stories about flying. Richard Bach's older works are certainly his best.
Tieria's
Even if you aren't a pilot, if you have any fondness for airplanes this is a marvellous collection of tales.
K.M. Weiland
More good stuff from Bach - although short stories as the description led me to believe.
Lurdes
Muy bonito, lo leí por partes, y lo disfruté mucho.
Benny Gavin
You get the idea this guy has done some "flying"?
Anna
Free the mind to think beyond learned patterns
Chip
Still working on this one.
Rick
A great read for any pilot.
Andrew
Jun 25, 2010 Andrew rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pilots.
I'm not a pilot. If I was maybe I would have enjoyed this book.. It is simply a collection of Richard Bach's essays about planes and flights. Quite a bore.
TSEliot
i learned to fly
  • Fate is the Hunter
  • Flight of Passage: A True Story
  • I Could Never Be So Lucky Again
  • The Case Of The Screaming Woman (A Perry Mason Mystery)
  • Piled Higher and Deeper: A Graduate Student Comic Strip Collection
  • The Different Drum: Community Making and Peace
  • Stick and Rudder: An Explanation of the Art of Flying
  • A. R. Rahman: The Spirit Of Music (Free Music Cd)
  • Common Nonsense
  • The Rules of Management: A Definitive Code for Managerial Success
  • The Poe Reader
  • To Conquer the Air: The Wright Brothers and the Great Race for Flight
  • First Light
  • The New Inquisition: Irrational Rationalism and Citadel of Science
  • Why I assassinated Mahatma Gandhi
  • Classics of Indian Spirituality: Includes: The Bhagavad Gita, The Dhammapada, and The Upanishads
  • The Uncollected Stories of William Faulkner
  • Wheels for the World: Henry Ford, His Company, and a Century of Progress
Richard David Bach is widely known as the author of the hugely popular 1970s best-sellers Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Illusions, The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah and others. His books espouse his philosophy that our apparent physical limits and mortality are merely appearance. He claims to be a direct descendant of Johann Sebastian Bach. He is noted for his love of flying and for his books r ...more
More about Richard Bach...
Jonathan Livingston Seagull Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah One The Bridge Across Forever: A True Love Story There's No Such Place as Far Away

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.” 7 likes
“It took time to learn that the hard thing about writing is to let the story write itself, while one sits at the typewriter and does as little thinking as possible. It happened over and over again, and the beginner learned — when you start puzzling over an idea, and slowing down on the keys, the writing gets worse and worse.” 0 likes