Start by marking “Women Who Love Psychopaths” as Want to Read:
Women Who Love Psychopaths

Women Who Love Psychopaths

The first book EVER written about the women who have loved psychopathic men! What are your temperament traits that have contributed to being attracted to, and tolerant of, the most dangerous of people? Sandra has done it again! She has rewritten the Women Who Love Psychopaths Book (an already Award Winning Book) to include some of the newest and most compelling evidence on ...more
Published April 28th 2008 by Health and Well-Being Publications, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Women Who Love Psychopaths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women Who Love Psychopaths

Jocelyn Jazmen
Dec 13, 2014 Jocelyn Jazmen rated it it was amazing
Okay, this is a tough review for me, because it's kinda serious and sobering.

Many of my Goodreads friends (as well as myself), are fans of the Alpha male, and in much of the erotica I read these guys have a titillating effect on the female protagonists, such as an instant fierce flame of attraction, overcome by his aura of virility, melting at his intense gazing, electricity at his touch, the excitement at feeling so wanted, of him making her feel as she were the most desirable woman in the worl
N. Jr.
Nov 21, 2014 N. Jr. rated it it was amazing
Unlike many "personal psychology" books, this one was not written to make a buck, but with an urgent sincerity towards addressing a much ignored problem in our society. The author comes across as an impassioned activist who has spent years combating the insidious and dangerous phenomenon of psychopaths.

The approach in this book is victim oriented, attempting to identify the character traits of the women most susceptible to the crafty deceit of these predators. One significant revelation is that
Claudia Moscovici
Nov 15, 2010 Claudia Moscovici rated it it was amazing
Wouldn’t you like to be able to recognize scam artists before you got cheated out of your life savings? Wouldn’t you want to identify Losers before you become romantically involved with them? They say that one learns more from experience than from books, but that’s not necessarily the case. Bad experiences can cause so much financial and emotional devastation that recovering from them becomes very difficult: for some, even impossible. How many times have you run across women who date the same ki ...more
Joan Kite
May 05, 2013 Joan Kite rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psychology
If you've ever been in a relationship that ended with you, crumpled in the ruins that was once your life, asking yourself - "Who the f#*$ was that?" - this may be the book for you.

Psychopathologist Sandra Brown earns five stars for "Women Who Love Psychopaths." High praise does not come for Brown's writing, but for content. Brown researches and examines the psychopath by exploring his female victim, a groundbreaking act in itself.

Society and media are quick to label psychopath's victims as dam
Little Miss Esoteric
This book should be recommended reading for all women (especially young adults) regardless of whether they have endured a 'relationship' with a psychopath. With 1 in 25 people considered to be psychopathic (including narcissists and sociopaths) this is the most under-informed form of domestic abuse.

Becky Reed
May 30, 2012 Becky Reed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was asked what kind of women attract the narcissist (and psychopath) - I just finished reading Sandra L. Brown, M.A.'s Women Who Love Psychopaths. This is an AMAZINGLY encompassing work and I'd say that coming through a relationship of inevitable harm, I found it relief-exploding in the evaluation of women who suffer from such contact. I said repeatedly that I felt my goodness was turned against me...and she categorizes just what and why this occurs....and "codependency" isn't in the mix. Wome ...more
Melissa
May 26, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I seriously thought she had been following me around with a tape recorder!!! She nailed this topic and has great insights on the how when why that really helped me move on to the healing part.
I was so stuck in the why of it I could not move to the next step! All I can say is THANK YOU!
Joy Kaplan
Feb 28, 2012 Joy Kaplan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book should be read by every girl in the world so that she will know and understand the signs of abuse!
G
Jan 28, 2009 G rated it really liked it
Interesting.
Donna
Mar 09, 2014 Donna added it
I've always been fascinated with psychopathy and the numerous personality disorders, so this book was an extremely interesting read for me.
VBergen
Nov 09, 2016 VBergen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: relationship
I find the book's title awful and shameful, because it is like this is a book for, or about Ted Bundy fans or lovers. Psychopath is not a synonym of killer, but that's what the media shows and most people believe, so the title would mislead the wide possible public.
Yet in some parts of the book it is hinted that women are aware or become aware of what monsters those men are and they love these men anyway.

The book's speech "you are kind, smart, loyal, committed, you have empathy, then they will
Erin
Jun 10, 2016 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid info; needs to be proofread

The information given in this book is very enlightening, and I've already recommended it to several people based on the descriptions of victim traits alone. I especially appreciate how the author gives a lot of hope for recovery and points out how we need more public education about psychopathy.

I'm not sure I agree with the author's take on hypnosis as a manipulation tool. While I'm sure some people do it intentionally, it still seems a bit farfetched to call it
Brittannia
Dec 04, 2014 Brittannia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, a highly discomforting, accurate five stars is given. Ladies, get over the idea of the alpha male. There's no such thing. You may be paving the way for an alpha-psychopath. It can happen to ANY person, no matter how strong and intelligent they are. Psychopaths are predators who pounce on a person when they're vulnerable. The psychopath is patient, persuasive, and deceptive. They are the most exciting, magnetic person you've ever met. But, beware! They be cray!

This book also sheds light on t
Ellen
Jan 11, 2015 Ellen rated it it was amazing
A must-read for all teenagers, female and male, who are beginning to date and anyone else who wants to avoid predators. This book is written for women but easily translates for men and is the best psychology book that I have read - brilliant, concise writing with a focus on self defense. Brown mixes traditional psychology with the latest neuroscience. Fascinating to learn that psychopaths choose outgoing, high-achieving, sensitive and altruistic women because they love to crush strong people. Th ...more
Terri
Sep 11, 2010 Terri rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all women
This is a very informative book which is easy to read, not too techinal or "clinical" I maintain that it should be required reading for all women. I believe the author is well-educated and experienced in this field and does a wonderful job communicating what women should know about pathological men. However, the grammatical and typographical errors throughout this book are distracting and somewhat diminish the professionality of the text.

Connie
Nov 30, 2012 Connie rated it it was amazing
Never has a book, since the Bible, impacted my life in such a positive way. This is a must read for any teenage girl or woman. Because of my circumstances it took me an entire year to read, process, and finish. I recommend this book quite often to women who come to me looking for advice. It literally helped save my life!
Susan
Oct 02, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Required reading for all women. I did not know it at the time, but I *believe* was married to a pathological lying sociopath. The reason I say, *believe* is because I am not a licensed psychologist.
Harrison
Jul 27, 2011 Harrison rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Perhaps the best book I know that no only introduces the concept of psychopathy, but shows how and why they are able to destroy the lives of so many women. The information applies to so many levels. Highly recommended.
Andy
May 19, 2014 Andy added it
If you think maybe you should read this book, then you should definitely read this book

Or, listen to her mp3s - hearing her voice helps. Also, there are some good interviews with her on SoundCloud.
Kathryn
Dec 25, 2016 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Informative

I was told to read this book from my therapist. I figured out a lot by reading it. It helps to understand pathological people and how to stay away.
Dasha
Jan 17, 2017 Dasha rated it really liked it
Informative af
zaira  khan
Jul 23, 2014 zaira khan rated it really liked it
I think the clinical psychologists must read this book as compulsory.A very good book for every one who is inquisitive in knowing the human personality traits..
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2011
Cary
Cary rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Brittney Morgan Boswell
Brittney Morgan Boswell rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Dede
Dede rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2015
Becca
Becca rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Christiane Link
Christiane Link rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Political Ponerology
  • Operation Trojan Horse
  • The Narcissistic Family: Diagnosis and Treatment
  • The Threat: The Secret Agenda What the Aliens Really Want and How They Plan to Get It
  • UFOs and the National Security State 1: Chronology of a Coverup 1941-73
  • Character Disturbance: the phenomenon of our age
  • The Mask of Sanity
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • The Ra Material: An Ancient Astronaut Speaks
  • Operators and Things: The Inner Life of a Schizophrenic
  • Evil Genes: Why Rome Fell, Hitler Rose, Enron Failed, and My Sister Stole My Mother's Boyfriend
  • Puzzling People: The Labyrinth of the Psychopath
  • The Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition of Forbidden Archeology
  • Coping with Your Difficult Older Parent: A Guide for Stressed Out Children
  • The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive
  • Science of the Cosmos, Science of the Soul: The Pertinence of Islamic Cosmology in the Modern World
  • The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions
  • Angels, Demons & Gods of the New Millenium: Musings on Modern Magick
Brown is also the CEO of The Dangerous Relationship Institute A Relational Harm Reduction and Public Psychopathy Education Project. She holds a Masters Degree in Counseling and has been the former director of Bridgework Counseling Center, a multi-faceted mental health program for trauma disorders and psychopathology. She has provided program development for hospital inpatient and outpatient progra ...more
More about Sandra L. Brown...

“What makes psychopathy so different, so surreal, so much like a relational b@$*tch-slap that it nearly knocks her head off?

--The sensation of being emotionally 'jumped' from behind.
--The inability to wrap her head around the emotional-physical-spiritual-sexual gang-bang that just happened when she thought she was with the most wonderful person.

No one can figure out how a dangerous psychopath curled up to them like a purring cat. Half of recovery is just trying to figure out 'what was THAT?”
5 likes
“Women misjudged his pathology because of his prolific brain-games. He used gaslighting techniques to convince her she had a break with reality. Some survivors called it 'The Ultimate Mind Screw'--sending prominent female executives, attorneys, and doctors into mental institutions to recover from him. Coercion, psychological warfare techniques and Stockholm Syndrome symptoms have left survivors sawed off at the emotional knees by a smooth-talking and ear-to-ear grinning psychological terrorist.” 3 likes