Start by marking “The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 2: Mosiah Through Alma” as Want to Read:
The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 2: Mosiah Through Alma

The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 2: Mosiah Through Alma

4.68 of 5 stars 4.68  ·  rating details  ·  257 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The Book of Mormon comes alive in this latest commentary by noted teacher and gospel scholar David J. Ridges. This highly anticipated fifth volume of the Gospel Studies Series takes you from Mosiah through Alma-with unique inverse notes to clarify passages and alert you to major concepts and messages. You will find the Book of Mormon Made Easier, Part 2 extremely helpful i ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Cedar Fort, Inc. (first published September 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 2

Annalee
I have enjoyed reading this book because he gave examples that helped in understanding better what was being taught.
Indeed much should be derived by or understood while reading by the spirit , yet for me his comments and lessons helped clarify for me what I was learning.
Thank you for your time and efforts. . I loved institute and now that I am older and no longer close to the hub of the church, it is do nice to be put in an institute setting while reading and studying the scriptures!
Kayla Crockett
i borrowed this series and am wishing i owned them! I was already part way through the BOM when I got them, so I started in Part II, but after I finish Part III, I will probably go back for Part I. This is a great supplement to scripture reading, and I'm really pleased with it. I would have given it 5 stats, but for the fact that there were a number of typos (not in the scriptures, but in his own writings) and I felt his parenthetical notes for word explanations a bit too much and redundant at t ...more
Heidi
While I really like these books, I have to admit that I prefer reading the Book of Mormon straight through, without all of the inserted explanations, which sometimes seemed a little obvious. The author does do a good job at applying scriptural teachings to today which can be very helpful and enlightening. I'm sure I will check out "Isaiah Made Easier" sometime in the future.
Sandra Strange
Great basic guide to reading this important scripture, the author includes the scriptural text with explanation of background material and unfamiliar words embedded in the text and supporting quotations from modern prophets included as support or enrichment from time to time. Interesting and informative, the books make reading scripture easier, especially for novice scripture readers!
Amanda
I can't say enough about these books! It's like a mini-institute class every night when I read my scriptures. I had been looking and looking for a way to really STUDY my scriptures that worked for me...and this is it! Sold! Can't wait to continue. Also, I was just called as a seminary teacher and these have helped me tremendously in preparing my lessons. So, so, so, so great!
Annette
Aug 16, 2011 Annette rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Annette by: my mom
Shelves: lds
I love this series! I get so much more out of my scripture reading with the help of Bro. Ridges. This time through I noticed for the first time that I was able to understand the chronological order of events and how the the people are related to each other. I guess I'd always seen them as separate little stories and I never noticed how one series of events leads to another.
Karina Rigtrup
I'm so in love with these books! I cannot wait to open the pages each night to discover something new about the BOM.
Cheryl
I love these books. This gentleman is awesome, he was a seminary teacher when I was in high school. He later became my stake president. I love the way he makes it so easy to understand. I love reading the Book of Mormon, this just adds some extra insight every once in awhile.
Rada
I really liked it. I continue to enjoy the highlighting suggestions and the notes in the margin. Also the in text notes. Which generally identifies the antecedent; I find to be the most helpful. If anyone is looking to get more out of their scriptures, this is a great series to check out.
Thebarrys10
There are a few insights that were great to get in this book. But I feel like reading the Book of Mormon in it's original form is the best. I do recommend this for those who haven't read the Book very much-especially the Isiah chapters!!!
Kay
Praises again for Bro. Ridges books. They are so helpful.
Rbajva
You must read this! It can change a persons life for good better than any other book you will ever read. This is the second time I've read this book.
Swhe641200
My cover is a little different but it is a great book. This was Mosiah though Alma. I love what it teaches me.
Amanda
Very excellent! This book helped make the "war chapters" not so confusing!I love these books!
Jessica
This book gives some great insights into the scriptures, the people and the stories.
Brittany
The second book. Loved it like the first. Such wonderful helps in scripture study.
Barbara Van Buskirk
These books really break down the scriptures so they are easy to understand.
Katherine Woodin
Just as helpful as the other volumes I have read.
Jesica
Made a lot of things easier to understand!
Kristen
Jun 30, 2008 Kristen marked it as to-read
Jodi recommends!
Gretchen
LOVE, a must have
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Amber Sage
Amber Sage marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Joel Crowther
Joel Crowther is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2015
  • Teaching, No Greater Call: A Resource Guide for Gospel Teaching (1981)
  • Spiritual Lightening
  • If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard: And Other Reassuring Truths
  • Lighten Up
  • Book of Mormon Reference Companion
  • The Promise of Enough: Seven Principles of True Abundance
  • When Times Are Tough: 5 Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything
The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 1: 1 Nephi Through Words of Mormon 65 Signs of the Times: Leading Up to the Second Coming The Book of Mormon Made Easier: Part 3 The Old Testament Made Easier, Vol. 1 (Gospel Studies) 50 Signs of the Times and the Second Coming