Start by marking “The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 2: Mosiah Through Alma” as Want to Read:
The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 2: Mosiah Through Alma

The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 2: Mosiah Through Alma

4.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  299 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The Book of Mormon comes alive in this latest commentary by noted teacher and gospel scholar David J. Ridges. This highly anticipated fifth volume of the Gospel Studies Series takes you from Mosiah through Alma-with unique inverse notes to clarify passages and alert you to major concepts and messages. You will find the Book of Mormon Made Easier, Part 2 extremely helpful i ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Cedar Fort, Inc. (first published September 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Mormon Made Easier Part 2

Annalee
Sep 08, 2013 Annalee rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed reading this book because he gave examples that helped in understanding better what was being taught.
Indeed much should be derived by or understood while reading by the spirit , yet for me his comments and lessons helped clarify for me what I was learning.
Thank you for your time and efforts. . I loved institute and now that I am older and no longer close to the hub of the church, it is do nice to be put in an institute setting while reading and studying the scriptures!
Ashley
Jan 18, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I have absolutely loved Brother Ridges' "Made Easier" books! I can't recommend them enough! I read them through the kindle app on my phone and they are awesome! With his commentary and quotes from prophets and apostles inserted right into the scriptures there is no jumping back and forth between a study manual and the scriptures. I feel that my study has been greatly enhanced by reading this way.
Dianna Killpack
In depth

I love the notes that are en to help me understand what is being said in these chapters. Not only does it help me understand, but I can actually see the prophets and chief military leaders writing and talking about the situations. This book helped me see the records which were going on in a vivid new light!
Kayla Crockett
Jul 11, 2011 Kayla Crockett rated it really liked it
i borrowed this series and am wishing i owned them! I was already part way through the BOM when I got them, so I started in Part II, but after I finish Part III, I will probably go back for Part I. This is a great supplement to scripture reading, and I'm really pleased with it. I would have given it 5 stats, but for the fact that there were a number of typos (not in the scriptures, but in his own writings) and I felt his parenthetical notes for word explanations a bit too much and redundant at t ...more
Heidi
Jan 22, 2009 Heidi rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
While I really like these books, I have to admit that I prefer reading the Book of Mormon straight through, without all of the inserted explanations, which sometimes seemed a little obvious. The author does do a good job at applying scriptural teachings to today which can be very helpful and enlightening. I'm sure I will check out "Isaiah Made Easier" sometime in the future.
Sandra Strange
Mar 20, 2012 Sandra Strange rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-lds
Great basic guide to reading this important scripture, the author includes the scriptural text with explanation of background material and unfamiliar words embedded in the text and supporting quotations from modern prophets included as support or enrichment from time to time. Interesting and informative, the books make reading scripture easier, especially for novice scripture readers!
Amanda
Feb 02, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I can't say enough about these books! It's like a mini-institute class every night when I read my scriptures. I had been looking and looking for a way to really STUDY my scriptures that worked for me...and this is it! Sold! Can't wait to continue. Also, I was just called as a seminary teacher and these have helped me tremendously in preparing my lessons. So, so, so, so great!
Annette
Aug 16, 2011 Annette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Annette by: my mom
Shelves: lds
I love this series! I get so much more out of my scripture reading with the help of Bro. Ridges. This time through I noticed for the first time that I was able to understand the chronological order of events and how the the people are related to each other. I guess I'd always seen them as separate little stories and I never noticed how one series of events leads to another.
Karina Rigtrup
Jul 22, 2014 Karina Rigtrup rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with these books! I cannot wait to open the pages each night to discover something new about the BOM.
Cheryl
Sep 15, 2008 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
I love these books. This gentleman is awesome, he was a seminary teacher when I was in high school. He later became my stake president. I love the way he makes it so easy to understand. I love reading the Book of Mormon, this just adds some extra insight every once in awhile.
Rada
May 06, 2013 Rada rated it really liked it
I really liked it. I continue to enjoy the highlighting suggestions and the notes in the margin. Also the in text notes. Which generally identifies the antecedent; I find to be the most helpful. If anyone is looking to get more out of their scriptures, this is a great series to check out.
Thebarrys10
Dec 22, 2009 Thebarrys10 rated it really liked it
There are a few insights that were great to get in this book. But I feel like reading the Book of Mormon in it's original form is the best. I do recommend this for those who haven't read the Book very much-especially the Isiah chapters!!!
Kay
Dec 31, 2013 Kay rated it it was amazing
Praises again for Bro. Ridges books. They are so helpful.
Rbajva
Jun 10, 2009 Rbajva rated it it was amazing
You must read this! It can change a persons life for good better than any other book you will ever read. This is the second time I've read this book.
Swhe641200
Sep 04, 2010 Swhe641200 rated it it was amazing
My cover is a little different but it is a great book. This was Mosiah though Alma. I love what it teaches me.
Amanda
Oct 23, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Very excellent! This book helped make the "war chapters" not so confusing!I love these books!
Jessica
Aug 29, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This book gives some great insights into the scriptures, the people and the stories.
Brittany
Jun 26, 2009 Brittany rated it it was amazing
The second book. Loved it like the first. Such wonderful helps in scripture study.
Barbara Van Buskirk
May 24, 2008 Barbara Van Buskirk rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
These books really break down the scriptures so they are easy to understand.
Katherine Woodin
May 13, 2008 Katherine Woodin rated it really liked it
Just as helpful as the other volumes I have read.
Jesica
Apr 29, 2008 Jesica rated it it was amazing
Made a lot of things easier to understand!
Kristen
Jan 07, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
LOVE IT!
Stacy
Stacy rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Marijke
Marijke is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Susan Banks
Susan Banks is currently reading it
Jun 20, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2016
Julianna Myers
Julianna Myers marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
  • Book of Mormon Student Manual
  • Spiritual Lightening
  • The Peter Potential: Discover the Life You Were Meant to Live
  • Drawing On The Powers Of Heaven
  • House of Glory: Finding Personal Meaning in the Temple
  • Lighten Up
  • Women of the Book of Mormon
  • When Times Are Tough: 5 Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything
  • The Continuous Atonement