Start by marking “Motherland” as Want to Read:
Motherland

Motherland

2.92 of 5 stars 2.92  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Stay-at-home mum Fran Clarke is approaching both her 37th birthday and crisis point. Once a brilliant voiceover artist, she now hasn't worked for years. The talent has not deserted her, only her self-belief. With her confidence shot and a husband who cannot help her, most days all she sees is the bottom of a wine glass.
Unknown Binding, 321 pages
Published February 7th 2008 by Not Avail (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Motherland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Motherland

Tulika
An extra star for being the kind of book you can finish in a span of hours, and standing up to the expectation of being a light and entertaining read after a heavy one.
Tina
I picked up this book in the bargain rack of Chapter's and was thoroughly surprised at just how much I enjoyed it. Was definately funny (especially if you enjoy British humour) and very sad in some parts. The story is about a suburban stay-at-home mom who has lost her way and confidence. A story all mom's can relate to in one way or another.....truly couldn't put the book down.......quick and easy read.
Ringthebells
1 star = I disliked this book so much that I couldn't stand to finish reading it, despite the fact that I'd spent five perfectly good dollars on it. I found the narrator completely unlikeable, the writing pedestrian, and the story uninteresting. Oh well!
Foo Wei
hmm, no wonder nobody reads this, really confusing at first, plus it's boring lol
Natasha
I liked the storyline, although it took a bit to get moving. Didn't like the swearing.
This was a good easy read.
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Rachie
Rachie added it
Jul 20, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Caro
Caro added it
May 12, 2015
Kirstin
Kirstin marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Rinakatha
Rinakatha marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Jackie Gibbins
Jackie Gibbins marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014