Start by marking “Baby, Mix Me a Drink” as Want to Read:
Baby, Mix Me a Drink

Baby, Mix Me a Drink (Baby Be of Use)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Published November 3rd 2005 by McSweeney's, Irregulars

To ask other readers questions about Baby, Mix Me a Drink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby, Mix Me a Drink

Susan
Jan 30, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: parents, babies, friends with senses of humor
Recommended to Susan by: Jamie B.
My friend Jamie gave me this book as a baby gift. It is brilliant in its conception and execution. Observe the details in the illustrations, i.e., the agave plant on the tequila bottle, and the wrapping on the bottle of, what else?, Lea & Perrins worcestershire (sp?) sauce for the bloody mary. Pretty sweet. It is, in fact, our baby's first book. :)
HeavyReader
Oct 10, 2008 HeavyReader rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny
This is one hilarious book!

It's a board book, so it really looks like something one would give to a baby. But it's all about having the baby mix a drink for mommy and daddy and grandma and grandpa and nanny. HA!

I sent it to my pregnant friend who can't wait to have the first post-partum drink. Now my friend can get Junior to make those cocktails.
Adam
Mar 09, 2008 Adam rated it did not like it
If you have read the summary, like the concept, and think that there may be some substance to this book that would make it worth buying and reading - think again.

This book was a one-joke pony that never should have moved beyond the "funny concept" stage. It was 9 dollars, 12 pages, and 1 mildly-amusing joke.
Shannon
May 21, 2007 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: parents, babies, childless friends of parents with babies
One of the best, most useful kids books to come out in years. The book description is almost funnier than the actual book: "Many people are parents, and many parents are thirsty. Yet too many parents allow their infant sons and daughters to lie about idly: napping, drinking milk, and whatnot. Why not put them to work? Observe how tots enjoy the shapes and colors, all the while learning how to mix a variety of basic cocktails. Thanks, Baby!"
Kelli Oliver George
Mar 16, 2008 Kelli Oliver George rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kiddie-lit
Admittedly, this entire series is really a gift for the parents, but oh my - what a fun little book to own. I do recommend this as a cute gift for the parents - get the whole series (Baby Fix My Car, Baby Make My Breakfast, Baby Fix My Car). I received this as a gift set and it was most certainly one of my favorite gifts.
Rebecca
Dec 30, 2010 Rebecca marked it as to-read
Now here's a board book series (Baby Be of Use) that will make for some great baby shower gifting for the humor-inclined friend...
Krista Chambers
Feb 12, 2008 Krista Chambers rated it it was amazing
Highly informative advice on how to get my not as-yet born babies to pull their weight around the house. A++
Lauren
Jan 04, 2009 Lauren added it
"Baby Be of Use" is the best series for young children
The
Sep 06, 2009 The rated it really liked it
great idea for a series.
Lisa Sarm
Lisa Sarm marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Chartrie CherryTree
Chartrie CherryTree marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Jason S Campbell
Jason S Campbell rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Nemo
Nemo rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2015
Jac
Jac rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Brian Williams
Brian Williams rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Lee Hillman
Lee Hillman rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015
Leanne
Leanne added it
May 26, 2015
Belinda Shoemaker
Belinda Shoemaker rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
Maureen Morley
Maureen Morley rated it liked it
May 12, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2015
James Staudte
James Staudte rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2015
Danielle Lei
Danielle Lei rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2015
Erin O.
Erin O. marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Natala
Natala rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2015
Eduardo Mirazo
Eduardo Mirazo rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
LISA BROWN is the bestselling illustrator and/or author of a growing number of books, including How to Be, The Latke Who Couldn’t Stop Screaming, and Baby Mix Me a Drink. She draws the Three Panel Book Review cartoon for the book section of the San Francisco Chronicle. Lisa lives in San Francisco with her son and her husband, who is rumored to be Lemony Snicket.
More about Lisa Brown...

Baby Be of Use (6 books)
  • Baby Do My Banking
  • Baby Make Me Breakfast
  • Baby Fix My Car
  • Baby Get Me Some Lovin'
  • Baby Plan My Wedding