Start by marking “Simple Gifts: Just Curious / Miracles / Change of Heart / Double Exposure (Westmoreland, #3.5)” as Want to Read:

Simple Gifts: Just Curious / Miracles / Change of Heart / Double Exposure (Westmoreland Saga #3.5 (Miracles))

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  5,086 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
Bestselling authors Jude Deveraux and Judith McNaught present their most dazzling and wonderful Christmas tales -- the perfect treat for every romantic at heart...

Jude Deveraux In the snow-covered hills of Virginia, a young widow finds that miracles really do come in the least expected packages, in "Just Curious," praised as "one of Deveraux's best" (Philadelphia Inquirer)

Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Published November 27th 2001 by Pocket Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Simple Gifts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simple Gifts

Reesha Khan Khattak
Jan 04, 2012 Reesha Khan Khattak rated it it was ok
Well I have only read two short stories from this pack:
Miracles and Double Exposure.

This will be my "Miracles" review. I had not really liked the character of Nick much cause of all his "cherry" crap, and also because i liked Clayton Westmoreland more, but I was still curious to read his story. But now that I have read it, I don't feel very linked to his character at all. I mean, I knew more about this guy from "Whitney, my love" and "until you". The characters have not been explored deeply or l
Yuni
Dec 08, 2014 Yuni rated it really liked it
Okay, I admit I only read two of the stories in this book. My ultimate bias - Judith McNaught.

HOW I can forget to read this book? Thank God, I saw Mai update her status, and I was like "EH? Is this a new cover?" Then I checked my folder. I have it since years and I thought I read it. T___T

Double sad is because Miracles is Nicki's story. OMG! Despite the story is good - well, what do you expect from JM rather than perfectly twisting our emotions. my only comment is IT IS TOO SHORT FOR NICKI'S STO
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
I’m not going to comment on the other stories in this book, they well all fine. I only want to talk about the Judith McNaught one -Miracles because that is the reason I read this book.

I LOVE Whitney My Love it is hands down with absolutely no contest my favourite historical/regency romance. And Nicholas DuVille has always been an issue for me, when does he get his HEA?! And now I’ve been handed this crap! 44 pages!! I am sorry but the most eligible Lord in 2 countries (now that the Westmoreland
Karen
Jun 07, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of four novellas. I just read the one titled Miracles, by Judith McNaught, featuring the highly acclaimed Nicholas DuVille.. What can I say... but more PERFECTION!!!!! I'l try to add more to my review soon... as it's quickly approaching 3am... I really should sleep!!! Just wanted to say... LOVED THIS!!!!
Angela Noviana
May 23, 2012 Angela Noviana rated it really liked it
The reader might know about Julianna Skeffington (if you have read Until You), the protege of Sherridan Westmoreland. You might also remember what dowager duchess said about how can be Lord and Lady Skeffington had child as beautiful as Julianna. Hahahahahaha...

I don't know why Judith McNaught (JM) didn't make a novel about Nicholas and Julianna instead of an anthology. It just too short for someone like Nicki. I love him so much as big as I love Clayton and Stephen. Just 12 chapter and an epilo
Kathy Davie
Dec 05, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, history
An anthology of four stories about love at Christmas time.

Be aware that this exact package is also available in the anthology, A Gift of Love, while "Change of Heart" and "Double Exposure" are also combined in A Holiday of Love.

I wonder if every Christmas they simply plan to release this same lineup under a new collective title? These authors' Christmas gifts must get expensive...

Series: "Just Curious", Taggert, 4.5
"Miracles", Westmoreland, 3.5
"Double Exposure, Foster Sisters, 1
"Change of He
Jennefer
May 15, 2010 Jennefer rated it it was amazing
I can't lie, I only read one of these four stories: 'Miracles' and I have zero interest in reading the others. I just wanted to read Nicki's story from Whitney My Love because he was my favorite character. This was the perfect story for him and I absolutely loved it! I don't know how she did it but Judith McNaught managed to write a very sweet and believable love story for Nicki that did not feel to rushed in just 73 pages! I feel satisfied now knowing that Nicki also got his HEA :)
Cathy
Jul 30, 2016 Cathy rated it it was ok
Miracles by Judith McNaught - Review only

I only read the short story, Miracles, from this book because I really liked Nicholas Duville from Whitney, My Love and Until You. Unfortunately, I was extremely disappointed in this story. It was WAY too short and rushed that I couldn't connect with the heroine and her connection to Nicholas. He deserved a better story than this.
Francine "Tsukime"
May 29, 2012 Francine "Tsukime" rated it liked it
Miracles>>>>

I read this to find out about Nicki's love story and I liked it. I was fond of Nicki since he showed up in Whitney, My Love and is happy to read it. I can't help hoping it would be longer. I believe Nicki deserved a whole book for himself.
Desirée
Feb 12, 2017 Desirée rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporanea
Leído el 31/05/2010

SOLO CURIOSIDAD
DE LA ANTOLOGIA A GIFT OF LOVE

RESUMEN: La hermosa viuda Karen Lawrence no confía en los hombres, en particular en su jefe MacAllister Taggert. Ella cree que es un playboy que salta de una mujer a otra tan rápido como cambia de ropa. Sin embargo, Karen tiene un secreto anhelo de tener un hijo antes de que expire su reloj biológico, y ella encuentra a su jefe el perfecto donante de esperma por su físico y salud. Cuando ella descubre un espionaje en la oficina, de
Bree
Oct 04, 2010 Bree rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historical
WARNING: If you already have A Holiday of Love and A Gift of Love, you have these novellas.

A slight rant - this was a reprint of 4 short stories that had been previously featured in the 1996 and 1997 anthologies listed above. The publishers probably made a mint in 1998 from people who thought that they were getting NEW Deveraux and McNaught stories, when all of these had appeared in anthologies just the last two years before. Very misleading and underhanded - I was confused and I worked in a boo
Petula
Jun 04, 2013 Petula rated it it was amazing
Short but sweet
Carla
Dec 07, 2011 Carla added it
I wish I could forget that Judith McNaught wrote this. Why did she accept to write such a short story? Nicholas deserved much more!
Melis
Aug 03, 2013 Melis rated it liked it
Bu kitap bu kadar kısa olmamalıydı Judiht ablaaa!
Gina Mora
Feb 24, 2014 Gina Mora rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-2014
Loved it-sweet stories-not terribly long...dumb, prideful men and sweet, innocently naive girls. Quick read and perfect for the first night in Ireland!
Riz
Apr 04, 2016 Riz rated it liked it
3 Stars

Only read "Miracles" by Judith Mcnaught
Kathy
Oct 12, 2011 Kathy rated it really liked it
KAREN RAY
Feb 12, 2017 KAREN RAY rated it really liked it
Wonderful book. As usual Jude has done it again. I love the Taggert family. Also Judith did a great job
Karla
Dec 04, 2016 Karla rated it liked it
3 stars!

"Just curious" Jude Deveraux

"Miracles" Judith MacNaught
Cary Morton
Dec 08, 2014 Cary Morton rated it really liked it
Review originally posted to Author Unpublished.

Simple Gifts by Jude Deveraux and Judith McNaught is a Christmas Romance anthology of four short stories (Just Curious, Miracles, Change of Heart, and Double Exposure)—and honestly, it’s a bit of a gem. I thought about delving into the depths of each story one by one in this review, as I usually do with anthologies, but finally decided, I don’t want to ruin it for you—it was that good.

These stories are wonderfully well written with only a partial-ha
Maria Sanigan
SIMPLE GIFTS: Miracles by Judith McNaught

RATING: 3 over 5 stars

The thought of Nicki DuVille and Julianna Skeffington as the protagonist of Miss Judith McNaught's Westmoreland Saga No. 3.5 is a delight! Nicki DuVille is a beautiful man and a wonderful and amazing friend from the beginning of the Saga until the end. His role from the first time that he was introduced is so strong that having this short-story dedicated for him is such a joy. In addition with all of this is Julianna Skeffington who
Amelia Fransiska
Huwaaa *nangis di pojokan*

Nicholas Duville deserves a whole novel! Not just a damn short story!!

Gak ampe sejam bc ni Miracle (gw cm bc ni judul)
padahal storyline nya mantaph bgt buat jd 1 nvl khas JM..

Nicholas DuVille - calon Earl of Glenmore berikutnya- yakin kalo dia di jebak Julianna Skeffington..!
Nicki dan semua org tau ttg rencana Lady Skeffington -ibu julianna- yg menginginkan menantu kaya dan bergelar bangsawan..

Nicki tentu saja tdk bs menolak seorang gadis cantik yg menawarkan diri utk '
Michelle Kelly
Oct 18, 2010 Michelle Kelly rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical, 2010-read
I do not like Anthologies. I do not like them at all. I very much enjoy being absorbed in a book and one book with four short stories just does not cut it.

Miracles - Judith McNaught
I got this book (from the library thank God) because I was dying to ready about Julianna bSkeffington and Nicholas (Nicki) DuVille. I have loved Nicki since he was first introduced in Whitney, My Love. As far as I am concerned he was robbed of his own book. It makes me miserable even more after reading "Miracles" bec
Inga
Mar 11, 2012 Inga rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Džūditas Maknotas un Džūdas Devero īstāsti vienā grāmatā!

Lasīt lasīju tikai Džūditas Maknotas abus darbus, jo ar Džūdas Devero darbiem neemu vēl iepazinusies (viena grāmata neskaitās), bet apsolos iepazīties ar Džūdas darbiem un izlasīt abus pārējos stāstus, kas ir šajā grāmatā!

Par pirmo īsstāstu MIRACLES:
Lasot Vestmorlendu sērijas, es vienmēr esmu gribējusi uzzināt kā beigu beigās viss izvērtīsies aizraujošajam Nikolā Divilam. Nu tad tas ir noticis! Kaut gan stāsts ir īss un man prasījās (pat g
Louella
Dec 15, 2016 Louella rated it it was amazing
Perfect book if you're feeling a bit of lonely this Christmas. I've been single for the past 5 years and the only things that gave me some faith in love are books by both Jude and Judith! lol but really, I've read most of Judith's book.
This books contain 4 stories that is so perfect for the season! I suggest that one should have a cup of hot cocoa when reading this to make everything much much better! among the 4 stories my favourite one would be the 'change of hearts' since that the story gi
Jessica
Jul 20, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
thanks to kak Angela buat pdfnyaa! XD

still reading it. dan, nenek Skeffington ini feminis yaa?
"Look closely and you will discover that it is generally females who survive on their wits and determination, not males. Men are not superior to women except in brute strength."

"women were not always subservient to men. Why, in ancient times, we had the power and the reverence. We were goddesses and soothsayers and healers, with the secrets of the universe in our minds and the gift of life in our bodies
Sana
Jul 24, 2011 Sana rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2010
Just Curious was the best of the lot. I really liked the feisty personality of Kate. But I would have liked a little bit more explanation as to why does he actually falls for her than the reason given. I mean life is not a joke, after all.

Miracles was more of a historical romance than contemporary romance and well, as with all the other stories in this book, it felt rushed at the end. And the starting scenario is built up rather draggingly slow. It was an okay read.

Change of Heart is not believa
Thenia
Judith McNaught - Miracles

Nicholas DuVille finally gets his story but unfortunately it's a very short one.

It started out great and I really liked it but after a point it felt like it was a summary of a story instead of the story itself, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I would had it been longer.

Still, it's realistic and he finally has his own happily ever after ending, so I guess I should be content with that.

A trilogy about the descendants of the Westmorelands is said to be in the works, with C
Jen
Feb 03, 2011 Jen rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-chic-lit
I'm disappointed that Nicki Duville didn't rate a full-length novel. He was a central secondary character in a lot of McNaught's previous books. I figured by the time she got around to writing his story it would be spectacular. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this novella and the love story of Nicki and Julianna, however; I think their story deserved a full book instead of a short story in a compilation. We met Julianna in "Until You" as she was the daughter of the family that Sheridan was a gover ...more
  • Double Exposure: From A Gift of Love
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • Gentle Warrior
  • Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught | Summary & Study Guide
  • Lord of Hawkfell Island (Viking, #2)
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo
More about Jude Deveraux...

Westmoreland Saga (4 books)
  • A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1)
  • Whitney, My Love (Westmoreland, #2)
  • Until You (Westmoreland, #3)
  • Can't Take My Eyes Off of You