Led astray.

Led astray. (Astray & Devil #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  1,914 ratings  ·  96 reviews
Cage Hendren had chased, and caught, more than his share of women, but he loved only one -- the quiet and serious Jenny Fletcher.

A natural born hell-raiser, danger followed him like a shadow. But tragedy struck too close to home when his brother was killed in Central America, leaving behind his broken-hearted fiancee -- the one woman Cage had always wanted. He was about to...more
UK Edition, 252 pages
Published November 18th 1988 by Silhouette Sensation (first published October 1st 1985)

Saly
I really loved Led Astray, it didn't feel dated to me at all.

Jenny was taken in by the Hendrens when she lost her parents at fourteen and she has lived with them since then, letting them choose her life and planning to marry their younger son Hal.

She is preparing to see off Hal, who is going on a mission to Central America when she goes outside and Cage joins her. Cage is the eldest son, the one who, has never been given his parents approval or love since he is not as perfect as Hal, and this is...more
Booklover
5++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ rate book,absolutely fantastic wonderful heart warming emotional romance,Cage Henderson is now on my most adored hero list on no 1 spot,loved him through the story

Cage Henderson such a wonderful sweet caring humble brave courageous man,he has so much patience,he is such a selfless man always thought of others and helped them in his own way,my heart went out to him whole life he was ignored and abandoned by his parents,he had a family but for only name sake he was s...more
Mahlet
Oct 06, 2008 Mahlet rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of HEA romance where the woman struggles to give in.
Shelves: romance, own
I don't want to give it away, but as a reader, you find out some pretty shocking news at the beginning of the story, and I'm not talking about the "good" brother Hal's death, mentioned on the backcover. Maybe other readers saw it coming, but I did not, so from that point on, I was hooked!

I loved the h/h pair! The misunderstood, bad-boy hero Cage, has basically made it his mission to have his dead brother's wife, whom he's loved for years, for himself. Jenny has always felt a little uncomfortable...more
Malika
First Sandra Brown bk read! Omg where the hell hav i been how can i missed this?! Soo good! Thanks alot for recommending this bk for me :-)

If you have more sandra brown bk wit similiar heros plz plz plz let me know ;-) thanks
Lululemon
What a lovely and heartwarming read. This book was emotional and sweet and the hero was thoroughly lovable and huggable in his vulnerability behind the bad boy attitude. Thanks a million to Saly!
Ruby
Definitely..LED ASTRAY is....
The sweetest love hang over no true Romantic wants to get over!
Love oooh TRUE Love... goes where it pleases Not where it is sent.
Caution! Caution!
This True Romantic imposingly felt... burns penetrate deep down to the love bone.
Every drop of this delicious READ oozed and dripped from the pages with scorching white HOT Lava fires!
Why yes indeed,Loves magic was majestically work in this short READ!

No matter what demands or allegiances Heroine(JENNY)felt to her so...more
Linda
LED ASTRAY was an older contemporary romance originally released in 1985 under one of several pseudonyms Sandra Brown used earlier in her career: Erin St. Claire. Hands down, it is a 'wonk' romance.

Typical of the 1980's, Cage Hendren was a man with money, power and common sense. Well, most of the time. His father was a preacher and his mother was a housewife and they raised two boys that were as different as could be. Cage was the rowdy one. Always seeking attention in the most unusual places bu...more
Booked
It's right up my alley. It's a sweet story with just the right balance of angst that pulls on your heartstrings. Cage is so much a besotted hero who's both naughty and nice. I, personally like his swoon worthy brand of courtship very much. A very light heartwarming read.
Leona
Absolutely loved it......my favorite Sandra Brown Book!
Jessi
Do you remember Amanda Seyfreid’s character Karen from Mean Girls?
Mean Girls Gif

Well imagine she grew up and was also a Christian, then you would have our leading lady in Led Astray, Jenny.

Yep, a bit of a dumb dumb. Why does innocent have to equal stupid in these romance novels? Why????? Argh! A conversation for another day and a bit of a deep conversation for this waiting pool of a story.

Anyways the romantic leading man is Cage, a hot alpha male bad boy who has been in love with Jenny from afar for years,...more
Darcy
This was a cute story, dealing with 2 brother's, one the golden child, one the black sheep. The golden child, Hal, engaged to be married to Jenny, but the black sheep, Cage, was in love with her. And Jenny, well, she was orphaned and the brother's parents took her in, so she does what they want, putting what she really wants to the side, so much so that she really doesn't know what she wants.

Things happen that jerk the rug out from under Jenny and she has to re-evaluate everything in her life,...more
Pam
12/15/05 #219
TITLE/AUTHOR: LED ASTRAY (Audio) by Sandra Brown
RATING: 4/B
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF CD's: Romance, 1985, 8 CD's
COMMENTS: Older romance, hard to get past the beginning
where one brother has sex w/ Jenni under the guise of
the other and she is oblivous... otherwise the story
was decent. Jenni had been engaged to Hal, son of a
preacher who leaves to help political refugees. She
doesn't want him to leave and seduces him but in fact
it is the "bad boy" brother that comes to her bed,
unbeknownst t...more
Novianti
This is my fist novel SB i read it... when i start to read this novel i'm still teenager n really kinda shocking for me, coz i never read a novel like this before since that i fell in love with romance novel n SB is one of my favorite author.

The story itself very intriguing, sexy, and the plot was easy to be follow not a heavy reading. And the intimates scene is good, it's descriptive very well. I like the hole story.

Natālija
I really enjoyed this book. Cage is a great example of alpha hero without being a jerk. I gave it 4 stars only because of the ending. In my opinion, the circumstances (I don't want to spoil :) that led to the happy ending were the easiest way out. I would prefer for Jenny & Cage's parents to get there on their own. Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about this book. Highly recommended!
Myra
I've been reading alot of Sandra Brown's books. Very tasteful and good story lines. I need to read her bio b/c in 2 of the few that I've read a son has died. Nevertheless, the story gets your imagination going and you can forget about the "real" world for a little while.
May
I miss my copy...it wasn't returned to me yet...I would have loved to reread this. Just love the hero here!! a romantic bad boy!!!ooh lala!!:D
Kimmy Lewis
Awesome book!! This book was keeping me on the edge of my seat constantly!! I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next!!
Kristen
This is a beautiful love story about Jenny falling in love with someone she can't have-her future brother-in-law. A compelling story.
Sheree
This was a great book the first half you know this secret that the main character does not know. It adds to the storyline.
Loretta
A very good love story. It was fun following Cage and Jenny through their trials and tribulations to reach a happy ending..
Sara
This is quite a dated book, but that does not excuse how predictable and manipulative it is. Yes, I get that it is a romance novel. But no, even I can't get behind a heroine so bizarrely clueless that, in her plans to seduce someone, her first step is to take two sleeping pills.

The fact that several of the characters are (allegedly) devout Christians also seemed a poor fit for most of this novel.

Finally, I realize this was written before date rape was a thing that society grasped, but the crux o...more
Pat Cromwell
The first Sandra Brown book I read and I was hooked like a fish in the Mississippi River!
Cheryl
I "read" books on CD, it was very good. I like Sandra Brown, she's a great writer
Patty
It was a good love story a little sad but in the end they all live happy ever after. :0)
Jill Lewellyn
Good book with a good theme of never judge a book by its cover.
Melva
If it's a hot and sexy summer read you want - have at it.
Cindy
Page burner.....love the bad boy to the bone.
Elaine
I enjoyed reading the love story.
  • After The Music
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • Passion Becomes You
  • One Fine Day (Molly, #2)
  • The Way Home
  • A Baby For Emily (Silhouette Special Edition #1466)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), SMOKE SCREEN (2008), PLAY DIRTY (2007), RICOCHET (2006), CHILL FACTOR (2005), WHITE HOT (2004),...more
More about Sandra Brown...
Lethal The Alibi Ricochet Chill Factor Envy