Start by marking “The Quilting Sourcebook: 250 Easy-To-Follow Patchwork & Quilting Patterns” as Want to Read:
The Quilting Sourcebook: 250 Easy-To-Follow Patchwork & Quilting Patterns

The Quilting Sourcebook: 250 Easy-To-Follow Patchwork & Quilting Patterns

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Maggi McCormick Gordon, whose Ultimate Quilting Book received kudos, gives quilters a reason to rejoice with more than 200 easy, dazzling patterns. Each design appears in full color, with stitch diagrams. Among the wealth of quilt patterns featured are the Log Cabin, Nine-Patch, Irish Chain, Friendship Star, Pinwheel, Clamshell, Fan, Cathedral Window, and many more.
Library, 144 pages
Published October 1st 1997 by Trafalgar Square Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Quilting Sourcebook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quilting Sourcebook

Rebecca
This book is essentially a short encyclopedia of traditional patchwork blocks laid out with instructions. I liked that a page of variations was offered for each block presented. The book could have been improved, IMO, by the addition of more of the "folk art" blocks I've learned to love (Crow's Foot, Turkey Tracks, Bear Paw, Sawtooth Star, etc.) but overall, not a bad selection here. This is a good, easy-to-understand reference for quilting beginners or those looking to go back to the basics.
Ami
Feb 20, 2013 Ami rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Is it weird that I read so many quilt pattern books and then give them fairly low marks even though I don't quilt and I don't really know what I'm looking for? It's weird. But I like looking at pretty pictures.

This book did a good job of showing you how the patterns are pieced together. I find that fascinating.
Sorcha
Sorcha added it
Jun 08, 2013
Rachelle DeMunck
Rachelle DeMunck marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2012