Start by marking “N. Eldon Tanner, his life and service” as Want to Read:
N. Eldon Tanner, his life and service

N. Eldon Tanner, his life and service

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  23 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Published August 1st 1982 by Deseret Book Co (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about N. Eldon Tanner, his life and service, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about N. Eldon Tanner, his life and service

Keith Kendall
Feb 10, 2014 Keith Kendall rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography
It is refreshing to read the biography of a man was an honest politician, and did a lot of good in the process.

"I couldn't save money at twenty-five cents an hour, not very much of it anyway. Father said, 'If you can borrow the money, I'll spare you from the farm so you may go to Normal School.' I went to the bank (and) trembled as I sat in the manager's office, waiting to see if I could borrow $400 to go to Normal School. ... 'Very well. If you are N. W. Tanner's boy, we'll let you have the mon
Lisa
Jan 29, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
I didn't know much about N. Eldon Tanner when I started this book. I was impressed with his start as a school teacher and eventually all his Canadian government experience. I loved the part of the book that talks about building the Canadian trans continental pipeline. He was a big part in making that happen. He was a forward thinker. I appreciated his wisdom. I had to get used to the writing, it seemed a bit too wordy in many places.
Abe Smith
Aug 06, 2014 Abe Smith rated it liked it
Shelves: biographies
Great, great man but the book was so-so. It's hardly the author's fault. Biographies are difficult to write when they include every aspect of a person's life.

President Tanner accomplished so many things in his life, served in several different capacities both in and out of the church it was impossible to keep track or really internalize or apply many of them.

I think we're all in search of our next 5 star book which this was not, but it's not a waste of time either. On a few business trips, I fo
Sidney
May 25, 2016 Sidney rated it liked it
Regarding N. Eldon Tanner's life there is no question, he was remarkable. His life was remarkable. He was a disciple of Jesus Christ in word and deed. To his life, I give 5 well-deserved stars. I give the book 3 stars, however, because G. Homer Durham's writing was not to my taste. G. Homer Durham as a person was great; I just don't love his writing style. If someone else came along and wrote a biography about N. Eldon Tanner, I would definitely read it. Still, the book was worth the read. I am ...more
Cindy Maughan
Cindy Maughan rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
JOHN
JOHN rated it liked it
May 21, 2016
Vince Snow
Vince Snow marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2015
Patrick Ellis
Patrick Ellis marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Kirt
Kirt rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Roy
Roy rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Matt Brown
Matt Brown marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Shad
Shad rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Amber Balaguy
Amber Balaguy rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2014
Dan Earl
Dan Earl rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Alex Kennedy
Alex Kennedy rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2013
Santiago Llumihucci
Santiago Llumihucci rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2013
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Curtis Tanner
Curtis Tanner rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2013
Elizabeth S
Elizabeth S marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Kayleen
Kayleen marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Tim Cannon
Tim Cannon marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Carma Coleman
Carma Coleman marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2012
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Orion
Orion rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2012
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2012
Shelley
Shelley rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2011
Aaron Jordan
Aaron Jordan marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2011