Start by marking “De zondares (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #3)” as Want to Read:
De zondares (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #3)

De zondares (Rizzoli & Isles #3)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  31,390 Ratings  ·  1,235 Reviews
Binnen de muren van een klooster heeft een afschuwelijk bloedbad plaatsgevonden. In de sneeuw vindt men twee nonnen, de een dood, de ander levensgevaarlijk gewond. De autopsie van de dode vrouw door patholoog-anatoom Maura Isles levert een schokkende verrassing op: de twintigjarige zuster Camille was zwanger. Terwijl lang begraven geheimen aan het licht komen, leidt het sp ...more
Published 2004 by The House of Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about De zondares, please sign up.

Raíla Soares
Jun 28, 2010 Raíla Soares rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though I have already read and reviewed The Surgeon and The Apprentice, Tess' previous books in the series, I still feel that it's such a perkiness of mine to review any book written by this genious (I emphasize: genious!). Gerritsen, one more time, now through The Sinner, made me hook into her writing until the end, NOT letting me to put it down, despite a few flaws I found that I dare myself to point again.

A crime envolving two nuns, in the circuntances presented by Jane and Maura therewi
Bruno

Entrei neste livro completamente envolvido e aterrei nas últimas linhas bastante satisfeito. Mais um policial muito bom!

Tudo começa com as duas freiras que foram atacadas com uma violência brutal no solo sagrado da Capela. Uma delas teve morte. A outra entrou num estado mortalmente critico. Quem as atacou e porquê? Fiz todas as deduções e falhei em tudo. A ligação deste crime com o outro crime vai dar a um desfecho surpreendente e chocante!

E, é neste livro que a detetive, Rizzoli, e a rainha d
Selma
Aug 22, 2015 Selma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Odličan triler, odlično razrađena radnja koja je do samog kraja nepredvidljiva. Tess genijalno razrađuje likove i piše djela koja se prosto u jednom dahu čitaju.
Lain
Nov 30, 2007 Lain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rare is the thriller that can scare me enough to leave the lights on at night, while bringing me to tears. The Sinner did both. Filled with more twists and turns than a labyrinth, The Sinner throws a curve at both Jane Rizzoli and ME Maura Isles. Jane must deal with a huge obstacle in her life as well as her relationship with Gabriel Dean, and Maura must face her own ghosts in the form of her ex-husband.

This book serves as a pivotal point in the character development of both women, and is a mus
bookaddict
Jul 13, 2016 bookaddict rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: temmuz-2016
Güzeldi ama serinin önceki iki kitabı kadar değil.
Melissa Griffith
I've read Tess Gerritsen's first two Rizzoli and Isles books before this one. I really love the way that the case progresses and keeps you hooked in those two. This one, while still very interesting, is a very abrupt change from the first two books. And while I read both of the first two in five days, this one took me almost six weeks because when I set it down, I didn't feel all that strong of a need to pick it back up.

Between book two and this one, the setting moves from a blistering summer to
Brenda
Feb 19, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tess Gerritsen/thriller lovers
Shelves: own-read
When Dr Maura Isles was called to the chapel of Our Lady of Divine Light by Detective Jane Rizzoli, she wasn’t sure what to expect. But it certainly wasn’t the horrific, savage attack on two nuns, one of whom is dead, the other clinging to life. And medical examiner Maura was further shocked when doing the autopsy, to discover that the young novice, 20 year old Sister Camille, had very recently given birth.

The race is on to find the child, and to find the father...obviously he is a suspect! But
Paige  Bookdragon
Jul 14, 2015 Paige Bookdragon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talk about ickyness.

The Sinner is the third book of the Rizzoli and Isles series so it would be better if you read the first two books before reading this one.

The Sinner is gruesome and I loved it. I only hope that Gerritsen would settle down a bit with all the medical terms in her book. It's a bit too much and if I wasn't hooked with the story, I would have given up with this one.

There are some things in this book that'll either make you raise your eyebrows or it'll make the hair at your neck
Gary
Feb 07, 2014 Gary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
This book was good but not great. The author went to great lengths to develop her characters, but there is a limit to how much you can accomplish in one novel. Granted, there is a payoff for this type of character development in later novels when the reader is attached to them. This novel has a great story that is forced into the background by the information dump of the personal lives of the characters.
Even the mystery itself seems to be created to develop the characters. I plan to continue rea
Autumn
I loved this book so much. It was a fast paced mystery, and I could not put it down. I loved this book because Rizzoli and Isles each had equal time in the book. I wish they were good friends like on the show, but in the books they are more like regular colleagues. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a wonderful mystery that will keep you on the edge of your seat! 5 Big Fat Stars!
Nancy Brady
4.5 stars...this suspense-filled tale finds Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles working together to figure why two nuns in a cloistered convent were brutally beaten and killed. Added into this stress is the murder of a Jane Doe, and individual issues for each of the two main characters.

Putting it all together before anyone else is killed will push them to the edge especially as their own issues may play a part.

Having read these out of order does not affect the enjoyment of the novel.
Reinaldo Lourenço
Mar 28, 2014 Reinaldo Lourenço rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lidos-2014
Bem... aí vao as primeiras 5* do ano :)
É de fato mto bom, custa um bocado parar de ler, mas qdo o comboio chega ao destino tem de ser...
Ainda bem que houve uma altura em q só comprava livros de bolso pq senao nao tinha conhecido esta autora :)
Agora tenho o 6º livro mas nao tenho o 4º e 5º... lá vou ter de dar um salto à bertrand na proxima 2a 2a feira do mês :)
Siobhan
Dec 06, 2014 Siobhan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third Rizzoli and Isles book and another brilliant read.

If you have read the first two Rizzoli and Isles books then you should know that Gerritsen knows how to weave a great story, keeping things interesting throughout, carrying the story on. In this book we get a deeper insight into the life of Isles – something that will please many people as she has been a bit of an enigma up until this book. Due to this there are, once again, the signs of Gerritsen’s past romance books to be found yet it
Cornerofmadness
Neide Parafitas
Dec 18, 2012 Neide Parafitas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leituras-2012, own
Os corpos de duas freiras são encontrados numa capela e a detective Jane Rizzoli e a médica-legista Maura Isles ficam encarregues da investigação deste caso.

Na autópsia de Camille (uma das freiras), Maura descobre que a jovem foi mãe, pouco tempo antes de ter sido brutalmente assassinada e iniciam-se as buscas para descobrir um bébé e o pai da criança!

Entretanto, num prédio abandonado, é também encontrado o cadáver, completamente irreconhecível, de uma mulher, o que faz com que as investigações
Zézinha Rosado
Oct 07, 2013 Zézinha Rosado rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lido-e-trocado
Fantástico!!! É a primeira palavra que me vem à cabeça ao terminar de ler este livro.
Esta autora é realmente muito boa e consegue prender-nos às páginas do livro como se a nossa vida dependesse disso.

Uma vez mais uma história muito bem construída, sem momentos mortos e/ou aborrecidos, a acção decorre com coerência e é muito interessante travar um conhecimento mais aprofundado com a vida particular da médica legista Maura e da detective Rizzoli, mulheres que apresentam uma carapaça dura, uma imag
Tintentraeume
Inhalt:
Kurz vor Weihnachten, während Kälte und Schnee Boston fest im Griff haben, bekommen es Rizzoli & Isles mit zwei aufsehenerregenden und kniffligen Fällen zu tun.
In einem Kloster wurde eine Nonne umgebracht, eine andere lebensbedrohlich verletzt. Zur gleichen Zeit wird eine weitere Leiche in einem verlassenen Haus gefunden. Ihr wurden nicht nur Hände und Füße entfernt, sondern auch das Gesicht abgezogen. Maura Isles steht vor einem Rätsel und versucht herauszufinden, warum die Frau so
LJ
THE SINNER – G+
Tess Gerritsen – 7th book
When two Boston nuns are found brutally beaten--one fatally and one with a scintilla of life left in her--it's up to homicide detective Jane Rizzoli to find the perpetrator. Medical examiner Dr. Maura Isles has the unlucky fortune to discover that the murdered nun hid untold secrets from the rest of the aging convent. Another dead body turns up, and the investigators must rely on their clinical analysis to determine who she is and why she was murdered.

Alt
Michelle
Dec 19, 2008 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by this author, and I really enjoyed it. It also takes place in Boston and mentions Providence, RI, so I felt right at home. I look forward to reading more of her work.
Münevver
Jul 16, 2016 Münevver rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tess Gerritsen'ın muazzam dili, mükemmel benzetmeleri, büyüleyici kurgusu...
Kitabı sevdim ama çok etkileyici bir sonu yoktu. Son sayfalarda suratımda kocaman bir gülümseme oluştu okurken orası ayrı. O acayip ölümler acayip şaşırtıcıydı. Okunmayı çok fazla hakediyor.
Elizabeth
Jan 31, 2015 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying this series on audio. Anna Fields is a great narrator and the story kept me on the edge of my seat.
Mere
Jan 28, 2016 Mere rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written. The more I read, the more I didn't want this book to end!
Fergie
Apr 25, 2014 Fergie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read three of Tess Gerritsen's novels in the Rizzoli & Isles series in the span of one week, I can now proclaim not only to be a fan, but also a readily, satisfyingly hooked one. There is something extremely gratifying in reading a crime thriller where the conclusion is far from predictable while never straying into the realm of absurdity. Detective Jane Rizzoli and Medical Examiner Maura Isles stray from their television counterparts, but as a reader, Gerritsen hardly has you disappo ...more
Michelle♥
So this book took a different view point. We finally got to see more of Dr. Maura Isles and hear her voice.

This one was not as intriguing to me as the Surgeon was. I still want to continue on with the series to see where these characters go and how they develop.

Unfortunately, it was the plot that did not do it for me.

***Spoilers from here on out!****

Dr. Isles knows she's considered Queen of the Dead among her colleagues even though they've never said it to her face. She enjoys working with the
Grace
Sep 29, 2016 Grace rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3/12 stars!

Glad to read about the back drop story of Isles. Can't wait to see how the relationship develops between Jane & Maura and of course, Jane and FBI agent.
Ladysmartypants
Sep 18, 2014 Ladysmartypants rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Meine vollständige Rezension findet ihr hier

Inhalt:
Not even the icy temperatures of a typical New England winter can match the bone-chilling scene of carnage discovered at the chapel of Our Lady of Divine Light. Within the cloistered convent lie two nuns–one dead, one critically injured–victims of an unspeakably savage attacker. The brutal crime appears to be without motive, but medical examiner Maura Isles’s autopsy of the dead woman yields a shocking surprise: Twenty-year-old Sister Camille ga
K~Terror
My favorite book in the series yet!
Jerry
Sep 02, 2011 Jerry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We’ve read now five of Gerritsen’s popular Rizzoli & Isles series (“Sinner” is #3 in the set), and have enjoyed them all. As we fill in a few we missed and finish the set (nine total at the moment), we had to wonder if entertainment values would increase or decline with the images of TV stars Angie Harmon & Sasha Alexander running around in one’s head, as we really enjoy that TV show, with protagonists quite true to the book’s characters. The good news is that those mind pictures only ad ...more
Barbara Mitchell
Mar 15, 2013 Barbara Mitchell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My copy of this book is a 2004 paperback edition of one of the Rizzoli and Isles series. Maybe you've watched the TNT television channel show starring the characters in which, for a change, I think the casting people really nailed it. And the characters are what makes this series so addicting to me. We have Rizzoli the cop, Isles the pathologist, the Rizzoli family who are as Italian as they come, and the incidental characters in the stories who usually ring true with me.

This story is unusual in
Tess Gerritsen Fans: The Sinner 61 85 Oct 07, 2016 09:04PM
The Women's Myste...: The Sinner #3 6 25 Apr 29, 2013 11:32AM
  • Indelible (Grant County, #4)
  • The Killing Hour (Quincy & Rainie, #4)
  • The Soul Catcher (Maggie O'Dell, #3)
  • Monday Mourning (Temperance Brennan, #7)
  • The Face of Death (Smoky Barrett, #2)
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller
More about Tess Gerritsen...

Rizzoli & Isles (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1)
  • The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2)
  • Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4)
  • Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5)
  • The Mephisto Club (Rizzoli & Isles, #6)
  • The Keepsake (Rizzoli & Isles, #7)
  • Ice Cold (Rizzoli & Isles, #8)
  • The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9)
  • Last to Die (Rizzoli & Isles, #10)
  • Die Again (Rizzoli & Isles, #11)

“Only the forgotten are truly dead.” 219 likes