Start by marking “Golden Retrievers for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Golden Retrievers for Dummies

Golden Retrievers for Dummies

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  10 reviews
For the past decade, the Golden Retriever has ranked among the five most popular breeds registered with the AKC, with more than 65,000 Goldens registered every year. The Golden Retriever's personality is as golden as his outer coat. He was bred to please, and please he does. He started out as a hunting partner who delivered birds to hand and has evolved into modern times d ...more
Published October 6th 2000 by For Dummies

Rachel Blom
Great, informative read with everything you need to know about Golden retrievers. I read it cover to cover before our puppy Chewy arrived and I was glad I did, because it helped me prepare well for him.
Nikki Nielsen
I read this book cover to cover before we bought our golden retriever 'Gidget' for Jorden's fourth birthday. At the time, my doctor was telling me I could possibly have a brain tumor but it turned out to be a ball of infection. Kind of gross, but I thought I was going to die and I wanted my kids to have an animal to help them get through it. These books are really good if you want to learn about a breed. We just had to have Gidget put to sleep and we miss her every day. Goldens are a fabulous fa ...more
Dana
I have enjoyed reading this in preparation for our new puppy and after checking it out from the library decided to buy a copy to have on hand as a reference. Looking forward to using all I have learned and hoping that the information will be helpful in practice.

The author seems to genuinely love her many golden retrievers and has a lot to share from her personal experience.
Paul
A brilliant book. I have finished this book and we soon pick up our new golden retriever puppy. I am sure I shall use this book for continuous reference throughout our dogs life. A great read.
Kay
Another good read for the road trip before we got Copper. She really understands goldens. We're not sure about the no tug-of-war rule - it's always been our dogs' favorite game! But other games are good. Like new parenting books, good to have someone holding your hand at first.
Zoe
This is a great book, for when you are adopting, or buying goldens. It gives you lots of info on how to prepare, how you golden will act, and what to do about it.
Heather
Apr 29, 2009 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Best book to have around for reference on health problems and human pain bill dosage. it has some great stuff in it. Must get
J
It is what it is.
April
Very informative!
Anna Abney
Anna Abney marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Cynthia Throne
Cynthia Throne is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2015
ian liang
ian liang is currently reading it
Feb 12, 2015
Gloria Watson
Gloria Watson marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Dog Heroes of September 11th: A Tribute to America's Search and Rescue Dogs Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever: Special Rare-Breed Edition : A Comprehensive  Owner's Guide Chesapeake Bay Retriever Golden Retriever (Nuevas Guias Perros De Raza / New Guides for Breed Dogs) World of Golden Retriever