Asking for Trouble

Asking for Trouble

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Sexual noir in contemporary Brighton, England: when bar manager Beth Bradshaw meets the smoky Ilya, a man with a past,he lures Beth into a seedy world where the lines between reality and fantasy blur. Beth shouldextricate herself, but does she really want to?...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Virgin Books (first published 1999)

Vanessa Wu
As a writer of erotica, there are many things I've tried to learn from this book. How to make condoms sexy. How to coarsen my vocabulary. When to let my heroine wear knickers with a gusset. And many other tricks of the trade.

But there's one thing that, for my money, Kristina does better than any other writer of erotica, and that's to use her sophisticated mastery of language to describe quite complex physical sensations. She does it very simply and accurately and the effect is very powerful.

Don'...more
penelopewanders
Initially I really liked this one, and then went through a longish phase of being annoyed by all the main character was willing to put up with. I guess this is mainly when Tony and his crew got involved... but basically found it an interesting power play. Bit over the top though. Interesting to read about Brighton which is probably one of the few cities in the UK where I've actually hung out and so can relate to some of the places described.
Hannah
No just no, i don't know what it was about this book but it just didn't do anything for me. ive read lots of erotica mainly paranormal and i though wow im gonna love this. perhaps id hipped it up to much before hand. Nether the less i didn't like the style in which the book was written. The plot was to to raw for the Gothic style of writing. The characters were unbelievable dense, i like my charterers intelligent and witty. Maybe i will try another read at it but for now i wouldn't recommend it....more
B
Waaaay outside my comfort zone. I usual pride myself on being able to handle some pretty gnarly things in books, but this took me too far. The blurb kind of clues you into what will happen between Beth and Ilya, but be advised, there are some seriously upsetting things that go one between the two of them. The idea that Beth wants to be degraded was very difficult for me to stomach, but I soldiered on. I had heard good things. (view spoiler)...more
Sara
Definitely outside my comfort zone, but I did enjoy this book. Lots of "I can't believe she's doing that!" But I guess that's the whole point, no?
Sayonara
i love this book but i've read it in dutch (becouse i live in the netherlandss)and i wonder if it is difrent in englisch .there just one thing i dont like and it has nothing to do whit the book it self but because it is translated de name of the book is 'vurig velangen' that i dont understant but i dont mind but also the cover of the book has changed that i do mind .
but a fact is that i love this book and i cant get the characters out of my head its like i'm looking for them in real live
Marquess Pembroke
11-9-13. I love this book so much....I'm reading it for a second time!

I loved it until the end...I really wanted them to actually fall in love and cut the strangers out of their kink and continue their exploration in what they desire. But other than the ending I really liked it and I LOVED the accents!! I can never get enough of the British accents...one day I WILL visit London!!!
K
This book wasn't what I thought it would be. It's not exactly my cup of tea yet I found myself reading it with repulsed fascination.
Lily Harlem
Awesome book that I couldn't put down.
Ruwani
Ruwani marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Lj
Lj marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Mareya
Mareya marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Jenny Lavers
Jenny Lavers marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Hitesh
Hitesh is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2014
Amyrocks Parker
Amyrocks Parker marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Sarah Robinson
Sarah Robinson marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Bayleaf
Bayleaf marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Anjelie
Anjelie marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Shernelle Went
Shernelle Went marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Marylyn
Marylyn marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Kristina Lloyd is a UK author of erotica whose fiction centres on female sexual submission. Her novels are published by Black Lace and her short stories have appeared in numerous anthologies, including several "Best of" collections in both the UK and US.

Kristina has been described as "a fresh literary talent" who "writes sex with a formidable force".

Find out more on Kristina's site
More about Kristina Lloyd...
Darker Than Love Thrill Seeker Lust Bites Split Lust Bites (Black Lace)