Start by marking “Asking for Trouble” as Want to Read:
Asking for Trouble

Asking for Trouble

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Sexual noir in contemporary Brighton, England: when bar manager Beth Bradshaw meets the smoky Ilya, a man with a past,he lures Beth into a seedy world where the lines between reality and fantasy blur. Beth shouldextricate herself, but does she really want to? ...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Virgin Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Asking for Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asking for Trouble

Bared to You by Sylvia DayGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardReflected in You by Sylvia DayThe Siren by Tiffany ReiszGabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard
Smut for the Smart
207th out of 1,115 books — 1,596 voters

More lists with this book...

Vanessa Wu
As a writer of erotica, there are many things I've tried to learn from this book. How to make condoms sexy. How to coarsen my vocabulary. When to let my heroine wear knickers with a gusset. And many other tricks of the trade.

But there's one thing that, for my money, Kristina does better than any other writer of erotica, and that's to use her sophisticated mastery of language to describe quite complex physical sensations. She does it very simply and accurately and the effect is very powerful.

Don'
penelopewanders
Initially I really liked this one, and then went through a longish phase of being annoyed by all the main character was willing to put up with. I guess this is mainly when Tony and his crew got involved... but basically found it an interesting power play. Bit over the top though. Interesting to read about Brighton which is probably one of the few cities in the UK where I've actually hung out and so can relate to some of the places described.
Betsy
Waaaay outside my comfort zone. I usual pride myself on being able to handle some pretty gnarly things in books, but this took me too far. The blurb kind of clues you into what will happen between Beth and Ilya, but be advised, there are some seriously upsetting things that go one between the two of them. The idea that Beth wants to be degraded was very difficult for me to stomach, but I soldiered on. I had heard good things. (view spoiler) ...more
Hannah
No just no, i don't know what it was about this book but it just didn't do anything for me. ive read lots of erotica mainly paranormal and i though wow im gonna love this. perhaps id hipped it up to much before hand. Nether the less i didn't like the style in which the book was written. The plot was to to raw for the Gothic style of writing. The characters were unbelievable dense, i like my charterers intelligent and witty. Maybe i will try another read at it but for now i wouldn't recommend it. ...more
Rebecca  Porter
I liked this book. It was pretty fearless with some parts of erotica it explored and though a few of the scenes were not my thing, the writing was wonderful enough to keep me engaged. I very much liked the female lead and even when it came to an end and the final chapters were the polar opposite of what I expected, I felt fulfilled by the story. Great!
Nicole
Really uncomfortable to read. I thought I was able to handle a lot but this book showed me otherwise. I'll leave it at that.

However, the author really does have a captivating quality to her work and that's why I forced myself to finish it. It's the first work I've read by her and maybe I'll chance reading her stuff again but only with different subject matter.
Sara
Definitely outside my comfort zone, but I did enjoy this book. Lots of "I can't believe she's doing that!" But I guess that's the whole point, no?
Sayonara
i love this book but i've read it in dutch (becouse i live in the netherlandss)and i wonder if it is difrent in englisch .there just one thing i dont like and it has nothing to do whit the book it self but because it is translated de name of the book is 'vurig velangen' that i dont understant but i dont mind but also the cover of the book has changed that i do mind .
but a fact is that i love this book and i cant get the characters out of my head its like i'm looking for them in real live
Erin Jeter
11-9-13. I love this book so much....I'm reading it for a second time!

I loved it until the end...I really wanted them to actually fall in love and cut the strangers out of their kink and continue their exploration in what they desire. But other than the ending I really liked it and I LOVED the accents!! I can never get enough of the British accents...one day I WILL visit London!!!
K
This book wasn't what I thought it would be. It's not exactly my cup of tea yet I found myself reading it with repulsed fascination.
Lily Harlem
Awesome book that I couldn't put down.
Genajuade
Genajuade marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Summaiya
Summaiya marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Booklovinglady
Booklovinglady marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Cindy Wallace
Cindy Wallace marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Samantha Marquez
Samantha Marquez marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Emmanuelle Maupassant
Emmanuelle Maupassant marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Steff
Steff marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Sjaco Nederend
Sjaco Nederend is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2015
  • He's on Top: Erotic Stories of Male Dominance and Female Submission
  • Safe Word (Carrie’s Story #2)
  • Submissive Desires
  • Return to the Chateau (Story of O #2)
  • His Submissive
  • Herotica 1: A Collection of Women's Erotic Fiction
  • Beautiful Losers (Modern Erotic Classics)
  • The Stranger
  • My One
  • The Velderet
  • Female Perversions
  • Unholy Promises (Chronicles of Surrender, #3)
  • The She-Devils
  • Gordon
  • Topping from Below
  • Collected Poems
  • Meeting Her Match
  • Under Her Thumb: Erotic Stories of Female Domination
Kristina Lloyd is a UK author of erotica whose fiction centres on female sexual submission. Her novels are published by Black Lace and her short stories have appeared in numerous anthologies, including several "Best of" collections in both the UK and US.

Kristina has been described as "a fresh literary talent" who "writes sex with a formidable force".

Find out more on Kristina's site
More about Kristina Lloyd...
Thrill Seeker Darker Than Love Lust Bites Split Undone