The Trophy Wife

The Trophy Wife

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  1,432 ratings  ·  64 reviews
In this sexy street saga, Yasmine, Tahja, and Amra meet through a modeling agency, where they are auctioned off to the highest bidder. When they decide to go into business on their own, their hustle starts a spiraling fall from grace--with an unpredictable ending that stands to leave readers speechless.
Published October 1st 2008 by Urban Books (first published February 1st 2008)

Keyona
Mar 18, 2009 Keyona rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Eva and Felicia
Recommended to Keyona by: myself
Wow..as I'm typing this I can barely keep the tears out of my eyes..To say this book was good would be an understatement. I was not expecting this at all. This is the first book I've read by these two and it won't be the last. I felt everything that happened in this book as if I personally knew these characters. Main character Khalil, all he ever wanted to do was take care of his family. Men often say that women are the end of men. In this case, it's true. London, physically and verbally abused...more
Ebonee
This book was recommended to me by my aunt. She said that her friend had let her read it one day, and she thought it was so good; she went out and bought it. I’m not a fan of books and I’m very picking about what interests me. If it doesn’t interests me, I’ll stop at any point and leave the book where it is. Somehow, this book seemed to have gripped my attention.
It’s about a drug dealer, Kalil, who’s just gotten out of jail, waiting to come home to his first priorities, his daughter and baby ma...more
Alexis
This was the first time I ever read a book by these authors and I was not surprised that I enjoyed it, considering the raving reviews they get. However..... I felt like the beginning of the story was wayyy too over the top and the way they spoke to each other was umm, interesting (I'm trying to keep from saying ghetto as f*** lol) anyway.. the plot was your typical hood story but with a little something different. Kahlil and London's love story is something that you just can't forget. Worth a re...more
LaTonya
I am SPEECHLESS! This book was a page turner and full of so much drama, suspense, love, and tragedy, and I would definitely recommend. All I can say is WOW because I am left with so many emotions after reading this book. Although I didn't like how the story ended, this has been an AWESOME read! This is the first book that I've read by Ashley and JaQuavis and it definitely won't be the last because this book has made me an instant fan and I can't wait to read more from them.
Kendra

This book shows how hard it is for a black to turn his life around. Recently released from prison, Kalil tried so hard to escape the streets. All he wanted was to be a good father which was so touching. As much as he ran in the opposite direction of the streets, he kept getting pulled back in. London was the love of his life and he would have died for her and Jada!!! The ending was so surprising and sad. Kalil was a good man who had everything taken away from him.
Valerie
This was a wonderful book. I really enjoyed it. The plot did start out a little slow, but once the main characters began to interact, it was a page turner.

Simply put this is a touching love story that was never meant to happen, but their love happens anyway. With that being said, this story has a raw street appeal coupled with passion and regret that makes you feel the pain of the main characters.

GOOD READ enuff said :)
Sachki
Sonia
This book was so amazing and sad as well because u hav this man who wants to take care of his family and a young woman going through abuse and these two people cross paths and fall in love. Unfortunately they died in the end. One thing about Ashley and Jaquavis they are real and alot of times in there books people die even the ones u dont want to c make it in the end.
Shanice
Nov 05, 2008 Shanice rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Shanice by: no one
Crystal Clark
Loved the book just felt like there should have been a part 2!
Lesa Jones
Yet another great book I read by these two authors in a week.

I have to say great job. I like that they put themselves in the book as characters I totally like that part right there. The Trophy Wife was a great book. From the start to finish.

About Kalil that wants to tell his story to Ashley and JaQuavis. At first they didn't want to hear his life story but, his story caught there ears from the start and they just had to write it.

Kalil starts off from when he gets out of jail he wants to do the...more
Eva Leger
I was expecting a little more from this but in the end I did still like it. It's a very fast read and the ending was slightly unexpected. I'm getting burnt out on A & J books because they all seem to be identical.
This is about an inmate who wants to share his story, in order to get it into book form, to Ashley & JaQuavis. Do I need to mention that I hate it when an author (or authors as in this case) put themselves into their book(s)?
A big part of the book is that this story needs to b...more
K.augustine
I love Ash and JaQua but I'm not going to lie, this book started off very slow in my opinion. I usually finish their novels in one day because I can't put it down, but this book took me two days to read the first half and another to read the second half. I give credit where credit is due and I am happy to report that the second half was off the chain and jaw dropping per usual with A&J! The back cover isn't lying when it says it will keep you guessing until the final page. Twists, turns, and...more
Michael Jenkins
From the opening to the epilogue,I just did not care about any part! I loved The Cartel series but this book was so bad,I wanted to laugh. Absolutely no character development,ridiculous plot,and laughable ending.

Trite,boring,rushed and a hot mess!

I don`t know what the purpose of this novel was,it was THAT BAD!

NEXT!
Kim
This would have been a 4 star read for me, but about half way through the book I figured out what the ending would be, so it took a bit of the suspense out of it for me. The story was good, and entertaining, but it did have a little something different from these writers other books, in that the Kalil was actually trying to change his life and leave the drug came behind. This was a welcomed change from the usual hustlers mentality. As usual everyone dies in the end, but I really would have liked...more
Michelle
I really enjoyed this book! Heartbreaking :(
Chandra
I just finished reading Trophy wife and once again I really liked this book. I think it had alot of action and kind of a love story all at the same time. As crazy as that may sound........I read this book in one day, it kept my attention and I like the fact that its an easy read. Oh and the ending....Amazing! Glad Dynasty redeemed herself. At least with me she did.
Aposia
Okay lets just say it took awhile for my engine to start on this book, but after a few chapters I got into it. The only thing I wish it had was a happy ending, I know not all stories has a happy ending but this is like a romeo and juliet ending. I would recommend it to others along with some tissue. Overall rating for me was good
Nicki
Karma is a bitch, for real! And Hova got his in the end.

Even though it's the classic ghetto story about drugs and money, Ashley and Jaquavis penned this book with a twist that I could really appreciate as a reader. Kalil was a brother who wanted to do right by all means but love and money took his soul
Ruby
Apr 06, 2009 Ruby rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Yes
This was very enjoyable. It started a little slow, but it did pick up. At first I didn't think I would a book written by two different authors. But with Ashley and JacQuavis unique style it was hard to tell that more than one person wrote this story. I really did like their style.
Khadejia
An action packed, well written tale of power, street life, violence, finding love, pride, sacrifice and ego. I really enjoyed this piece. My emotions were racing as I read through this story as I could actually visualize each powerful element.
Kellee
This book was extremely well written and a definite page-turner. Once again Ashley & JaQuavis have done it again. I loved the beginning. I would have had the book end differently, but it was still a great book! Must-read!
Denise
This book took me places where I couldn't believe I was going to. the story line was OUTSTANDING!!!! I had to read this book more than once because I couldn't believe what I had just read GREAT BOOK LOVED IT
Shawntay F
This book was a page turner. while there were a couple of discrepencies within the story, it kept me guessing to the very end. I think I finished this in two days. Great read.
Carah H
This book kept me on the edge of my seat. At some points, I was pure stressed! Lol. It was a lil' violent, but hey -- street lit usually has that gritty edge.
Aisha
i read this back in November 2012 and i made me stuck like glue. I love when i can find books that worth my money and also most of all my enjoyment right now
Claudia

Needless to say, I read this book in about 12 hours. Wasn't long but it was a page turner. My first book by the authors and it was a good read.
Queen Readers
This book was great I finish this book in one day I didn't want to put it dowm. The Trophy Wife is a must read you will not be disappointed at all
Rayetta
This book was a ok one, it was interesting to see if the two characters was going to get together, to me the ending was a sad one, not happy
  • The Dopeman's Wife
  • Desperate Hoodwives
  • Material Girl
  • Grindin'
  • Married to the Game
  • Black Widow
  • Payback Is a Mutha (Payback #1)
  • Hood Rat
  • Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1)
  • Black & Ugly
  • I'm Still Wifey (Wifey Series, #2)
  • Cartier Cartel
  • Flint: Working Girls
Ashley Antoinette Snell writes as Ashley Antoinette and (with JaQuavis Coleman) as "Ashley & JaQuavis".

Born in Flint, Michigan, Ashley Antoinette Snell and JaQuavis Coleman have survived the tumultuous streets finding their way to literary fame. At only 20 and 21, both Ashley and JaQuavis are in their third year of college balancing a full class load along with a demanding writing schedule, bu...more
More about Ashley Antoinette...
The Cartel Cartel 3: The Last Chapter The Cartel 2 The Prada Plan Moth To A Flame