Start by marking “The Trophy Wife” as Want to Read:
The Trophy Wife

The Trophy Wife

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  2,363 ratings  ·  84 reviews
In this sexy street saga, Yasmine, Tahja, and Amra meet through a modeling agency, where they are auctioned off to the highest bidder. When they decide to go into business on their own, their hustle starts a spiraling fall from grace--with an unpredictable ending that stands to leave readers speechless.
Published October 1st 2008 by Urban Books (first published February 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Trophy Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trophy Wife

Keyona
Mar 18, 2009 Keyona rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Eva and Felicia
Recommended to Keyona by: myself
Wow..as I'm typing this I can barely keep the tears out of my eyes..To say this book was good would be an understatement. I was not expecting this at all. This is the first book I've read by these two and it won't be the last. I felt everything that happened in this book as if I personally knew these characters. Main character Khalil, all he ever wanted to do was take care of his family. Men often say that women are the end of men. In this case, it's true. London, physically and verbally abused ...more
Ebonee
This book was recommended to me by my aunt. She said that her friend had let her read it one day, and she thought it was so good; she went out and bought it. I’m not a fan of books and I’m very picking about what interests me. If it doesn’t interests me, I’ll stop at any point and leave the book where it is. Somehow, this book seemed to have gripped my attention.
It’s about a drug dealer, Kalil, who’s just gotten out of jail, waiting to come home to his first priorities, his daughter and baby ma
Leah Rivera
Awesome book! It really broke my heart with the ending it was very emotional but had a wonerful twist and was a creative write!
Alexis
This was the first time I ever read a book by these authors and I was not surprised that I enjoyed it, considering the raving reviews they get. However..... I felt like the beginning of the story was wayyy too over the top and the way they spoke to each other was umm, interesting (I'm trying to keep from saying ghetto as f*** lol) anyway.. the plot was your typical hood story but with a little something different. Kahlil and London's love story is something that you just can't forget. Worth a re ...more
LaTonya
I am SPEECHLESS! This book was a page turner and full of so much drama, suspense, love, and tragedy, and I would definitely recommend. All I can say is WOW because I am left with so many emotions after reading this book. Although I didn't like how the story ended, this has been an AWESOME read! This is the first book that I've read by Ashley and JaQuavis and it definitely won't be the last because this book has made me an instant fan and I can't wait to read more from them.
Kendra

This book shows how hard it is for a black to turn his life around. Recently released from prison, Kalil tried so hard to escape the streets. All he wanted was to be a good father which was so touching. As much as he ran in the opposite direction of the streets, he kept getting pulled back in. London was the love of his life and he would have died for her and Jada!!! The ending was so surprising and sad. Kalil was a good man who had everything taken away from him.
Valerie
This was a wonderful book. I really enjoyed it. The plot did start out a little slow, but once the main characters began to interact, it was a page turner.

Simply put this is a touching love story that was never meant to happen, but their love happens anyway. With that being said, this story has a raw street appeal coupled with passion and regret that makes you feel the pain of the main characters.

GOOD READ enuff said :)
Sachki
ConSonia
This book was so amazing and sad as well because u hav this man who wants to take care of his family and a young woman going through abuse and these two people cross paths and fall in love. Unfortunately they died in the end. One thing about Ashley and Jaquavis they are real and alot of times in there books people die even the ones u dont want to c make it in the end.
Shanice
Nov 05, 2008 Shanice rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Shanice by: no one
Michael
From the opening to the epilogue,I just did not care about any part! I loved The Cartel series but this book was so bad,I wanted to laugh. Absolutely no character development,ridiculous plot,and laughable ending.

Trite,boring,rushed and a hot mess!

I don`t know what the purpose of this novel was,it was THAT BAD!

NEXT!
Crystal Clark
Loved the book just felt like there should have been a part 2!
Brittany
This was my first time reading an Urban Fiction book and I have to admit I actually enjoyed it! The fast-paced and gritty story line kept my attention from beginning to end. I read it for work as we are currently, winter of reading (reading program for adults)and one of the task is to read outside of your comfort zone. I read this book in a week (which never happens) because I'm a slow reader:) Urban fiction has never interests me because I find that the titles and cover pages to be stereotypica ...more
Suzzette
They did it again. great book
Lesa Divine)
Yet another great book I read by these two authors in a week.

I have to say great job. I like that they put themselves in the book as characters I totally like that part right there. The Trophy Wife was a great book. From the start to finish.

About Kalil that wants to tell his story to Ashley and JaQuavis. At first they didn't want to hear his life story but, his story caught there ears from the start and they just had to write it.

Kalil starts off from when he gets out of jail he wants to do the
Victoria
GRADE: A+++ LOVED IT.

GRADE: A+++ LOVED IT.

I couldn't put it down. Quite possibly the best book I've read by Ashley and JaQuavis so far....I kept hoping there was a sequel, but no such luck. That's is probably the only bad thing could say about it, is thAt there is NO follow up book.
Ce-Ce Palmer
Epic

I could not put this book down these two always know how to capture you with their epic pen game!! As always I was very satisfied! These two amazing author's know how to keep you interested I. all their magnificent stories & has never disappointed me! Keepem coming!!!
Eva Leger
I was expecting a little more from this but in the end I did still like it. It's a very fast read and the ending was slightly unexpected. I'm getting burnt out on A & J books because they all seem to be identical.
This is about an inmate who wants to share his story, in order to get it into book form, to Ashley & JaQuavis. Do I need to mention that I hate it when an author (or authors as in this case) put themselves into their book(s)?
A big part of the book is that this story needs to b
Nicma
i was sad that London was killed the way she was and why she couldn't just leave her husband in the first place, i dont understand why Desiree came out of nowhere and found Hova, I mean Jake
Ray Childress
The plot machinery and grimy characters are a model for Hood novels. This is an intense, compelling page-turner that will hold you from the first page to the last page.
Takeila D Montgomery
Great book

Great book

I really enjoyed this book from Ashley and JaQuavis. It's a page turner and keeps you on edge for more.
K.augustine
I love Ash and JaQua but I'm not going to lie, this book started off very slow in my opinion. I usually finish their novels in one day because I can't put it down, but this book took me two days to read the first half and another to read the second half. I give credit where credit is due and I am happy to report that the second half was off the chain and jaw dropping per usual with A&J! The back cover isn't lying when it says it will keep you guessing until the final page. Twists, turns, and ...more
Kim
This would have been a 4 star read for me, but about half way through the book I figured out what the ending would be, so it took a bit of the suspense out of it for me. The story was good, and entertaining, but it did have a little something different from these writers other books, in that the Kalil was actually trying to change his life and leave the drug came behind. This was a welcomed change from the usual hustlers mentality. As usual everyone dies in the end, but I really would have liked ...more
Yolanda Winston
Page turner

This book kept my attention from beginning to end. It was a page turner, romance with violence that kept me on the edge of my seat. Great read!
Bianca Harrison
Good book, I read it awhile ago and I enjoyed it!
Trice Cohen
Definitely a classic! Great book!
Altovise Dean
I thought it was a good book.
Melissa
Enjoyed this page turner!!
Michelle
I really enjoyed this book! Heartbreaking :(
  • The Dopeman's Wife (The Dopeman, #1)
  • Black & Ugly
  • Hold U Down
  • A Gangster's Girl
  • Desperate Hoodwives
  • Black Widow
  • Grindin'
  • Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1)
  • I'm Still Wifey (Wifey Series, #2)
  • Whore
  • Death Before Dishonor
  • Cartier Cartel
  • Dirty Red
  • The Millionaire Mistress
Ashley Antoinette is one of the most successful female writers of her time. The feminine half of the popular married duo, Ashley and JaQuavis, she has co-written over 40 novels. Several of her titles have hit The New York Times bestsellers list, but she is most widely regarded for her racy four-book saga, The Prada Plan. Born in Flint, MI she was bred with an innate street sense that she uses as m ...more
More about Ashley Antoinette...
The Cartel (The Cartel, #1) The Last Chapter (The Cartel, #3) Tale of the Murda Mamas (The Cartel, #2) The Prada Plan (The Prada Plan, #1) Moth to a Flame