Once Upon A Star

Once Upon A Star

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  991 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The light of a start illuminates the depths of the heart...

Ever After - Nora Roberts
Wearing an ancient star pendant, an enchanting woman journeys to an otherworldly land - and introduces a skeptical stranger to the magical powers of love...

Catch A Falling Star - Jill Gregory
Forced to marry a barbarian to save her embattled kingdom, a young woman invokes an ancient spell -...more
Published 1999 by Jove

Cindy
This is an anthology of paranormal romance, with sex. Stars are the theme. The 2nd book & apparently there are quite a few others. Copyright 1999.

Nora Roberts - 4 stars. Not a lot of excitement in this story, but I really liked it. Contemporary paranormal about an American working for her sisters tour agency. This is her last shot before the whole family washes their successful hands of her. She's given a star pendant in an antique shop & her life takes a turn for the better.

Jill Greg...more
Becca
This was a collection of four short stories/novellas that each have a theme of stars incorporated some way or another. I will review each separately.

Nora Roberts, Ever After: This book had a nice setting. It was a cottage by the sea I definitely wanted to visit. I thought the heroine was painted a bit pathetic though. I understood that the goal was to show that she found her place in the world with the hero, but I ended up just feeling sorry for her which I don't like in romance stories. I felt...more
Pierina
Olá,

Mais um livro escrito a 4 mãos.

Quatro autoras com um assunto em comum: estrelas.

Sinopse
Nora Roberts, Para Sempre
Levando consigo um brinco que outrora pertenceu a uma fada, uma mulher pouco comum viaja até um mundo diferente do nosso, e faz com que um estranho descubra os poderes mágicos do amor.

Jill Gregory, Estrela Cadente
Uma jovem é obrigada a desposar um bárbaro, para salvar o seu reino, mas recorre a um antigo feitiço quando uma paixão inesperada toma conta do seu coração.

Ruth Ryan Langa...more
Wendy Sparrow
I've been working my way through the "Once Upon a..." anthologies--which I read in paperback once upon a time. ; ) Of the ones I've read so far (Also read Once Upon a Castle, Once Upon a Dream), I thought this was the overall best of them.

I loved Catch a Falling Star by Jill Gregory--but the others were close.

The one caveat and what cut the rating down to a four star review is the title and theme of "stars" was a stretch. In the one story, the only real link to stars was the main character's nam...more
Duncan Mandel
Four all-new stories of romance, passion, and magic... "Ever After" by Nora Roberts "Catch a Falling Star" by Jill Gregory "The Curse of Castle Clough" by Ruth Ryan Langan "Starry, Starry Night" by Marianne Willman
Paula
I have been enjoying this whole series - 4 short novellas in each book - all with a common theme or thread throughout. Makes you think about the magic in life - the real magic, tht is. The magic in belieing in yourself and others. This series is a classic example of good winning over evil, and that if you have enough faith, anything is possible.
Meryl
The stories did not have a perfect balance among them. Nora's was disappointing, Jill's was touching and sweet, Ruth's was also really good and Marianne's was pure trash.
Its an Okayish type of a book to read even despite Jill and Ruth Langan's stories.
Rebekah
Curse of Castle Clough -- This one was sweet but love came too rapidly, far too swiftly. I liked how Jamie (the child ghost) played with all the children in the family over hundreds of years
Sam
this book is 4 short stories in one book! all of the stories were really cute fairy tale like stories. this book was a fun read!
Brittany
Each story has unavoidable romance erupting from within the pages, so I suggest that everyone who likes romance novels to read this!!
Peggy
I really enjoyed the scottish stories that ruth langen writes
mariann willman's starry starry nigh was a great fantasy
Donna Siebold
I like this series - short novellas by usually pretty good authors. I found this one a bit light, however.
Angela9600
I enjoyed "To Catch a Falling Star" best but all tales were pretty good. Esp for short stories.
Niki
A collection of short stories by romance novelists like Nora Roberts, what could be better?
Great book.(books) nearly laws enjoy Nora Roberts.
Lesli
Good not great. Fairly typical contemporary romance.
Carrie Felton
Great stories. definitely one to read again
Mrsinserra
Jul 25, 2011 Mrsinserra added it
Shelves: audiobooks
only read ever after- it was super cute!
Jennie
Dec 04, 2007 Jennie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: supernatural romance fiction
Shelves: read-already
as always, love the genre and author
Jeri Hoag
It was a good escape.
Dayana
Dayana marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • The Diamonds of Welbourne Manor: Justine and the Noble Viscount \ Annalise and the Scandalous Rake \ Charlotte and the Wicked Lord (Harlequin Historical)
  • Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska, #3)
  • The Other Side (includes In Death, #31.5)
  • Phantom in Time
  • Scottish Brides
  • A Mother's Way (Superhero Central #6)
  • Eight Spells a Week (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #17)
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • Christmas Keepsakes
  • It Happened One Night
  • PitchDark Presents the Dark Days of Supernatural Paranormal Romance Sampler
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only In My Dreams / White Out
  • Dragon Lovers (Includes: Guardians #2.5)
  • Faery Magic
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas (Includes: Bullet Catcher)
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Gift-Wrapped Governess: Christmas at Blackhaven Castle\Governess to Christmas Bride\Duchess by Christmas
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...