Start by marking “Once Upon A Star (Once Upon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon A Star (Once Upon, #2)

Once Upon A Star (Once Upon #2)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  1,331 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
The light of a start illuminates the depths of the heart...

Ever After - Nora Roberts
Wearing an ancient star pendant, an enchanting woman journeys to an otherworldly land - and introduces a skeptical stranger to the magical powers of love...

Catch A Falling Star - Jill Gregory
Forced to marry a barbarian to save her embattled kingdom, a young woman invokes an ancient spell -
Published 1999 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon A Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon A Star

Paula
Nov 11, 2009 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been enjoying this whole series - 4 short novellas in each book - all with a common theme or thread throughout. Makes you think about the magic in life - the real magic, tht is. The magic in belieing in yourself and others. This series is a classic example of good winning over evil, and that if you have enough faith, anything is possible.
Maura
Stacy Brown
Sep 18, 2014 Stacy Brown rated it really liked it
Ever After: Allena Kennedy is the black sheep of her family, lacking the ambition and success of her parents and siblings. While working for her sisters travel agency as a go-fer girl, she wonders into a shop to browse. She encounters a old woman and an ancient pendant that speaks to her heart. Her window shopping takes longer than she thought and she misses the scheduled ferry boat, her attempt to hire a small boat to get to her destination goes awry and she ends up stranded on the wrong island ...more
Becca
Dec 31, 2012 Becca rated it liked it
This was a collection of four short stories/novellas that each have a theme of stars incorporated some way or another. I will review each separately.

Nora Roberts, Ever After: This book had a nice setting. It was a cottage by the sea I definitely wanted to visit. I thought the heroine was painted a bit pathetic though. I understood that the goal was to show that she found her place in the world with the hero, but I ended up just feeling sorry for her which I don't like in romance stories. I felt
Cindy
Jun 01, 2014 Cindy rated it really liked it
This is an anthology of paranormal romance, with sex. Stars are the theme. The 2nd book & apparently there are quite a few others. Copyright 1999.

Nora Roberts - 4 stars. Not a lot of excitement in this story, but I really liked it. Contemporary paranormal about an American working for her sisters tour agency. This is her last shot before the whole family washes their successful hands of her. She's given a star pendant in an antique shop & her life takes a turn for the better.

Jill Greg
Pierina
Oct 01, 2013 Pierina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Olá,

Mais um livro escrito a 4 mãos.

Quatro autoras com um assunto em comum: estrelas.

Sinopse
Nora Roberts, Para Sempre
Levando consigo um brinco que outrora pertenceu a uma fada, uma mulher pouco comum viaja até um mundo diferente do nosso, e faz com que um estranho descubra os poderes mágicos do amor.

Jill Gregory, Estrela Cadente
Uma jovem é obrigada a desposar um bárbaro, para salvar o seu reino, mas recorre a um antigo feitiço quando uma paixão inesperada toma conta do seu coração.

Ruth Ryan Langa
Wendy Sparrow
Feb 19, 2013 Wendy Sparrow rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I've been working my way through the "Once Upon a..." anthologies--which I read in paperback once upon a time. ; ) Of the ones I've read so far (Also read Once Upon a Castle, Once Upon a Dream), I thought this was the overall best of them.

I loved Catch a Falling Star by Jill Gregory--but the others were close.

The one caveat and what cut the rating down to a four star review is the title and theme of "stars" was a stretch. In the one story, the only real link to stars was the main character's nam
Meryl
Sep 27, 2012 Meryl rated it liked it
The stories did not have a perfect balance among them. Nora's was disappointing, Jill's was touching and sweet, Ruth's was also really good and Marianne's was pure trash.
Its an Okayish type of a book to read even despite Jill and Ruth Langan's stories.
Dawn
Oct 05, 2015 Dawn rated it liked it
Another poor collection of stories by these authors containing enchanted pendants, spells, curses to be broken.

Ever After by Nora Roberts
Catch a Falling Star by Jill Gregory
The Curse of Castle Clough by Ruth Ryan Langan
Starry, Starry Night by Marianne Willman
Karen
Dec 08, 2014 Karen rated it it was ok
Shelves: romantic-fiction
I was only half-interested in Ever After and Starry Starry Night, mostly because I found the plotlines relatively dull. Catch a Falling Star and the Curse of Castle Clough were a bit more interesting, but I didn't find any of the stories rereadable. Once Upon a Rose was a stronger collection.
Cherry-Ann
Mar 25, 2016 Cherry-Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting. Borrowed and thought I would be disappointed by the faerie stories but I loved them all. In particular, I loved Jill Gregory's "To Catch A Falling Star". Recommended read when depressed :)
Peggy
Jan 23, 2009 Peggy rated it liked it
Shelves: nora-roberts
I really enjoyed the scottish stories that ruth langen writes
mariann willman's starry starry nigh was a great fantasy
Annabelle
The usual plots: girl travels through time/dimensions, meets alpha male, European of course! My kind of fun, no-brainer read.
Brittany
May 01, 2011 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each story has unavoidable romance erupting from within the pages, so I suggest that everyone who likes romance novels to read this!!
Donna Siebold
Dec 28, 2012 Donna Siebold rated it it was ok
I like this series - short novellas by usually pretty good authors. I found this one a bit light, however.
Rebekah
Curse of Castle Clough -- This one was sweet but love came too rapidly, far too swiftly. I liked how Jamie (the child ghost) played with all the children in the family over hundreds of years
Veronica
Aug 26, 2014 Veronica rated it really liked it
This book has three short love stories in it. It also is fairy-tale romances that end happily-ever after.
Sam
Nov 09, 2012 Sam rated it really liked it
this book is 4 short stories in one book! all of the stories were really cute fairy tale like stories. this book was a fun read!
Heather Gramling
Heather Gramling rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2010
Melanie
Melanie rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Chantel
Chantel rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2011
Michelle  Kovach
Michelle Kovach rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Shelby
Shelby rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2011
Brandy Glaser
Brandy Glaser rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2014
Maria Gonzalez
Maria Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2013
Cy
Cy rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
May 28, 2013
Doreen
Doreen rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • Snowbound Wedding Wishes: An Earl Beneath the Mistletoe\Twelfth Night Proposal\Christmas at Oakhurst Manor
  • When You Wish
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska, #3)
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Christmas Brides
  • PitchDark Presents the Dark Days of Supernatural Paranormal Romance Sampler
  • The Random House Book of Ghost Stories
  • Faery Magic
  • A Mother's Way
  • Phantom in Time
  • The Other Side (includes In Death, #31.5)
  • It Happened One Night
  • Dancing with Mr. Darcy: Stories Inspired by Jane Austen and Chawton House
  • Eight Spells a Week (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #17)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

Once Upon (6 books)
  • Once Upon a Castle (Once Upon, #1)
  • Once Upon a Dream (Once Upon, #3)
  • Once Upon a Rose (Once Upon, #4)
  • Once Upon a Kiss (Once Upon, #5)
  • Once Upon a Midnight (Once Upon, #6)