Start by marking “Lovestruck” as Want to Read:
Lovestruck

Lovestruck

2.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews

"You remember, last night? At the party? When you proposed to me?"

"Proposed" Sam hoarsely repeated, going pale.

Natalie gave him a dewy look. "Yes. You went down on your knees, in front of them all."

"On my" he breathed, with incredulity and horror.

"Knees." She nodded. "And asked me to marry you. You put your signet ring on my finger and said it would do until we could get

Hardcover, Large Print, 288 pages
Published March 1st 1998 by Thorndike Press (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Lovestruck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovestruck

Alexis-Morgan Roark
Apr 02, 2012 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
First of all...I think the hero cheated on his current girlfriend with the heroine. He didn't, after all, really break-up with her PRIOR to proposing to our heroine...alcoholic stupor withstanding. :-)

Ok. Maybe he didn't cheat. Anyway, what a fun book! Nothing too deep or thought provoking going on in this little book, and I am okay with that! I think this is the only book I have read lately where both neither the hero nor the heroine's parents were complete nutters/evil/neglectful etc. As a par
Miki
Jun 19, 2012 Miki rated it did not like it
The "hero" wore a "top that left his midriff bare. Oh, ugh. This man needs to meet the man (in another book) who wore "miniscule white tennis shorts". Holy Stripper Convention, Batman!
Melanie♥
Disappointing CL read. This was too cute and light to be a CL book.
sbf20112011
Nov 13, 2014 sbf20112011 rated it really liked it
This was cute. I wasn't bowled over by the romance or the hero, but it was an enjoyable and satisfying read. The end was funny, it was like a true female fantasy where you completely change a man, force him to have the giant wedding he doesn't want, and somehow he's thrilled with it all.
Ann Keller
Jan 30, 2015 Ann Keller rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Sam's proposal was made at a weak moment, but it meant a lot to Natalie. Even though she suspected Sam didn't mean it, she went along with him to avoid an embarrassing refusal. Eventually, Natalie gives Sam back his signet ring, but their relationship has changed forever.

Sam is a difficult man to get along with, forceful and demanding. His abrupt personality change at the end of the novel was a little difficult to understand, but I suppose it might have been possible.
Missy
Jul 30, 2014 Missy rated it liked it
Was a very good read....loved the way he proposed....was a hoot how she tried to tease him about it. Not her fault he was too drunk to remember. But they both come to realize that they love each other through many rumors, papazzi photos, gossip, hopefull mothers, & a woman scorned. The character of radio DJ Johnny is so colorful & lively, you wish he was real just so you could meet him.
KC
A light read in many ways, particularly with the romance. The way Natalie gave Sam payback over his drunken "proposal" was amusing. I did not feel as if Sam was overly bothered by the other man's presence in Natalie's life though. Charlotte Lamb's heroes are the best when they're uber jealous, and although often angry, Sam didn't seem that crazy about Natalie. Also, I would have liked Natalie and Sam to have interacted more.
LLCSpokane
Re-Read March 09, 2013
Re-Read November 20, 2014
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Kelley Byrom
Kelley Byrom marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Sarah added it
Jun 17, 2016
Suzanne
Suzanne is currently reading it
Jun 07, 2016
Shannon
Shannon is currently reading it
Jun 06, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
R
R marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Nestofvipers
Nestofvipers rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
KC marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
KC added it
Mar 15, 2016
Malaika
Malaika rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Maita Morales
Maita Morales marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Lovemesomelove
Lovemesomelove rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Melinda
Melinda rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2016
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sheila Ann Mary Coates Holland
aka Sheila Holland, Sheila Coates, Charlotte Lamb, Sheila Lancaster, Victoria Woolf, Laura Hardy

Sheila Ann Mary Coates was born on 1937 in Essex, England, just before the Second World War in the East End of London. As a child, she was moved from relative to relative to escape the bombings of World War II. Sheila attended the Ursuline Convent for Girls. On leaving scho
More about Charlotte Lamb...