Soulmates (Kissed by an Angel, #3)

Soulmates (Kissed by an Angel #3)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  1,378 ratings  ·  76 reviews
After her boyfriend dies, Ivy thinks she's lost everything--until she discovers Tristan is her guardian angel. His mission is to stop the person who killed him from killing Ivy. Together, Tristan and Ivy must stop the killer. But if Tristan rescues Ivy, his mission will be finished, and he must leave the earth and his true love behind forever.
Published September 1st 1995 by Simon Pulse

Unearthly by Cynthia HandCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareVampire Academy by Richelle MeadParanormalcy by Kiersten WhiteThe Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Quality YA Paranormal Romance Novels
69th out of 129 books — 292 voters
A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce CameronThe Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie RyanThe Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie RyanKissed by an Angel by Elizabeth ChandlerKissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
Beth's Books
58th out of 82 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Meagan G
Trisha
Finally an ending to this story, although the series goes on. At least we have some answers. And the twists and turns were interesting

But I must admit, I had come up with some pretty elaborate endings. This one just seemed bland.
G
How can I even start to describe this book? I don’t remember feeling so sabotaged for having spent my money on something in a while, but this trilogy covers it. Every possibility of having character development is smashed and destroyed with so much effort that it cannot be described in any other term but colossal.

(view spoiler)...more
Trina
So, explanation on this series...overall, I loved them but there were several things that happened and several themes throughout that were kind of hard for me to accept. They were very emotional, which I liked because it challenged my feelings as I read, but it didn't make it any less difficult to come to grips with everything that happens. I'd still recommend these books, they were different from what I'm used to reading (which was a nice change), but the recommendation should come with the war...more
Heather P
Nishtha
One less star because ivy moved on too quick atleast mourn for another year or soo.. I like Will he seems nice!! But I love Tristan he was down right irresistible!! I wish he would come back!!! All the books I ever read the first lead guy is always the the guy never the second one!!

Example--
Vampire academy-- Dimitri
Twilight-- edward
Night huntress-- bones/crispin
And a lot more

So the first lead guy should always be the main love!!
Babi
Almas Gêmeas - Elizabeth Chandler | http://tintapink.blogspot.com

14/12/2011

Estou muito surpreendida e decepcionada com minha própria burrice.

Elizabeth Chandler construiu uma trama que só Poirot poderia explicar, uma trama tão bem amarrada, com um desfecho tão incrível que não tem como não se render a genialidade de sua obra!

Neste, que era para ser o último livro, desta, que era para ser uma trilogia, me deparei com um ótimo final, o tipo de final que me faz ficar feliz por não gastar meu tempo à...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Review brought to you by OBS staff member Heidi

Ivy is back in school after the terrible incident with the train that happened at the end of the previous book, The Power of Love, but she doesn’t remember anything about what happened that night. Everyone thinks that the loss of Tristan was too much for her and that she decided to take her life by throwing herself in front of that train.

She has grown cautious around Gregory and when she finally starts believing the story Phillip is telling about an...more
Brianna
This book was recommended to me.

I really did enjoy this series but I found that it was lacking. The third book in the series is after Ivy and Tristan discovers who committed the murders and now they have to find evidence against him before he kills Ivy.

It would have been a more touching book if the characters had gone through life changing events.

*Spoiler*

Ivy does learn to love someone else, which is something. I don't really have any complaints against her.

Tristan was an idiot. It was sweet how...more
Elisabetta
Wow, che sorpresa!
Questo libro potrebbe essere considerato un thriller a tutti gli effetti se non ci fosse la presenza di angeli che risolvono situazioni altrimenti irrisolvibili e danno un tocco fantasy al tutto.
Se il primo libro della serie "L'amore che non muore" poteva essere considerato un genere per ragazzi grazie a tutta la dolcezza e al sentimento d'amore profondo che segnano tutta la storia, il secondo libro e il terzo compiono un salto di genere.
Il personaggio negativo (di cui non s...more
Makii
Ohhh realmente tengo muchos sentimientos encontrados...

Spoilers!!
Por un lado estoy feliz de que ya se haya resuelto el tema de quien intentaba asesinar a Ivy, y quien fue el maldito que mato a Tristan!(aunque era algo que se sabía mucho antes,no podemos negarlo)
Pero me cuenta aceptar los giros en la relación de Ivy y Tristan! Sencillamente no puedo aceptar que el se vaya...que él haya muerto! eso me parte el corazón....Ellos estaban destinados el uno al otro....
"—Te amo, Ivy. Nunca dejaré de ama...more
Daniela
(09.10.13)

I'm so happy Goodreads exists. Without it I wouldn't be able to find so many good books!!! So thank you :):):):)

Kissed by an angel was a really good book. I enjoyed it very much, so.. If you're looking for a book with romance, mystery and guardian angels, this is it :).

The story was really interesting and different, the romance was the right amount of heartbreaking and lovely, although I thought we could've read a little more of Tristan and Ivy as a couple. The mystery was really good,...more
Juliana Giacobelli
Ok, this one is the best of the 3, buuuuut... I can't give it more than 3 stars because there's no character development. I finished the books without a clue of what Ivy's, or Will's, or Philip's personalities are like. And I miss that, because I tend to get attatched to characters. In this series, I just couldn't get attatched to anyone. Plain characters, poor development.

The only "good" thing is the roller coaster of emotions, and because of that, Soulmates is better than the first 2 books.

Sti...more
Vicki
Soulmates continued the story of Tristan and Ivy and the love between the two of them; however, Tristan is dead and now an angel. He continued to try to protect her from the person who murdered him and several other people.

Lacey is the snarky angel that Tristan "runs" with and she helps him learn to do his angel moves. I love her personality, and I think she and he would be a great in-the-after-life-couple. LOL

Gregory is one character that is SO creepy that you have to hate him! He got on my la...more
Andréia (StarBooks BR)
OMG! Eu estava pensando que essa série iria me decepcionar. Eu sinceramente não estava muito empolgada com essa série, os primeiros dois livros não me cativaram, mas agora, eu sei que eles eram apenas a entrada para O prato principal, e que prato. Esse livro me surpreendeu muito, nele foi revelado quem era o assassino e o motivo. É uma trama incrível. Eu achei que seria algo mais simples mas não, teve muitas reviravoltas e surpresas. Para quem, assim como eu, decepcionou-se com os primeiros livr...more
Elda
Definitivamente es hasta ahora mi favorito, no sabia en quien confiar y en serio el personaje de Gregory me pareció fabuloso, en serio llegue a tenerle miedo, pero siento que la historia pudo haber terminado ahí, no se que tal estará el siguiente libro.
Morgan Duplechin
I am sooooooooo fed up with Ivy. Throughout the whole book all she does and whine and complain and she doesn't do a thing to make anything better for herself. I mean geez girl stand up for yourself a little. Instead of solving her problems (which would have been very easy in my opinion) she hides behind her oh so lovely prince charming, Tristan. Even though this book was very short and an easy read I really wanted to give up on it. I have to say I am extremely shocked that there are more books t...more
Yukino
Fine della trilogia.
Davvero carino.
Una storia d'amore con angeli e un omicidio da risolvere..ecco è tutto quello che trovate qui.
Scrittura semplice,lineare,senza troppi fronzoli..la storia è un po' adolescenziale..ma vi dirò mi è piaciuta molto..in alcuni punti mi è venuto anche un po' di magone. Ivy che perde il suo amore..non crede più a nulla.ma grazie al fratellino e all'amore del suo angelo ce la fa..e supera ogni ostacolo e risolve un omicidio.

L'unica cosa è la fine...si finisce tutto bene...more
Yani
Is this the end of the story? awwwwww.... thats too bad... I really thought there should be more to the realtionship of Tristan and Ivy, it would have been nice to have the realtionship bloom into something more, something unimaginable rather than to surrender Ivy to Will. I mean I like Will and understood just how much like Tristan he is even Tristan realizes that because its so easy for him to relate to Will's thoughts. BUT I was really looking forward to a different ending instead of this. An...more
Jessica Gomez
Okay, so this story was fantastic! The guessing, who is doing what, and everyone thinking Ivy is crazy. There is a lot of twist in the story, but all flow out almost expectantly. It was really a page turner for me.

But at the end, with Ivy and Tristan, I ecpected a little more. Something a little more heart felt. It was good, but I was wanting tears, and all I got was a little sad. I guess for me the closure was there, but onle barely.

This series was good, cute. definitely good twists with the c...more
Candace
I'm not going to lie, the last book made me cry. I always tell anyone and everyone I talk to, "If a book has the power to affect your emotions in any way by your own crying or whatever it may be, it is something worth reading again and it's definitely the epitome of what literature should be."

Like I've said in the review for the first book, the reading level is not high for this series but it was an amazing story, nonetheless, and it's definitely a series I could see myself re-reading if I ever...more
Emily Shoop
great love story.
Winnie's89
I would say that this volume is even better than the 2 previous. There was more action. Ivy finally saw the angel tristan and she finally discovers the truth about Gregory coming back to the situation with ease. It is a manipulator, a fool no more or less that killed three people for a history of paternity and inheritance, fortunately, the story ends pretty well. The death of Gregory curbed problems, and Will & Ivy confess their love, now that the angel departed Tristan is having accomplishe...more
Susan

The third book that finishes out the trilogy. Would be a sell for teen girls wishing for some boy to worship them as Tristan does.
Erica
Very cute little series...not earth shattering but it felt like watered down Danielle Steel lol...got these three for a buck from a library sale and it was a buck well spent. If you need to fill a weekend or even as a quick cute beach read when the sun graces us with her presence again this series should be close to the top of your list! The characters were lovable and just irritating enough to make you care lol. Would really give it 3.5 stars but we can't so I rounded up.
Ana Banda
Por fin se supooo!!! Ah como me mataba eso! pero bueno..
Muy tragico en partes; pobre Ella :( estupido Gregory -.- & tonto Will por asustarme!
Esa Suzanne que tonta fue -.- Beth que loca chava pero me agrada ;)
Aww Lacey; cosita :'( me gusta para Tristan e.e La Ivy no lo merece -.-
& el final?... Ya sabia que pasaria eso -.-

El libro esta bien; la historia am algo.. si no exiatiera Ivy leeria mas rapido pero que se puede hacer? :/

Pd. Will & Beth son el uno para el otro :3
Ally_Cd
L0raah_
J'ai tardé à lire la suite du tome 1, mais en refermant le tome 3... je me rend compte que j'ai bien fait de continuer la saga ! J'ai complètement adoré. Je viens juste de le refermer et... waaw, j'en suis encore toute retournée. J'ai adoré l'intrigue, surtout mise en place dans les tomes 2 & 3, et les sentiments que ces livres soulèvent... bref, heureusement que la curiosité m'a poussée à les lire, car je ne suis pas déçue !
Page (One Book At A Time)
I think this was the best book out of the series. I wasn’t expecting the twist. I think the story escalates nicely. Although I could really have done without the involvement of Ella. I do understand it was necessary to install fear in Ivy. I was happy with the ending. Overall pleased with the series, although I do recommend the 3 in 1 novel over the separate books.
Kelly
Jan 15, 2014 Kelly added it
Shelves: re-read
Kissed by an Angel 6/21/02; The Power of Love 6/24/02; Soulmates 6/24/02
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 21 (Boys Over Flowers, #21)
  • The Frog Prince (Faerie Tale Collection, #8)
  • Absolution (Heavenly, #3)
  • Witches Anonymous (Witches Anonymous, #1)
  • Some Girls Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #11)
  • Reckoning (The Fallen, #4)
  • Traquée (Rebecca Kean, #1)
  • Nothing to Lose (Robyn Hunter, #3)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 25 (The Wallflower, #25)
  • Raven (Feather, #3)
  • Libera Me (Requiem, #2)
  • InuYasha: Close Enemies (InuYasha, #7)
  • Princess Jellyfish, Tome 2
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 7
  • Guardian (Halflings, #2)
  • Gemini Night  (Star Crossed, #3)
  • Coffeehouse Angel
  • Dreamland (Riley Bloom, #3)
Elizabeth Chandler is a pseudonym for Mary-Claire Helldorfer. She currently lives in Baltimore, Maryland.
More about Elizabeth Chandler...
Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, #1-3) Legacy of Lies & Don't Tell (Dark Secrets, #1-2) No Time to Die & The Deep End of Fear (Dark Secrets, #3-4) Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel, #4) Summer in the City

“Will:"You know, when two people narrowly escape falling to their deaths, they usually have something to talk about, Even if they hadn't met before that moment, they usually have something to sayto each other afterward. But you haven't said anything to me. I've been tryingto give you some time. I've been trying to give you some space. All I want is-"
Ivy:"Thank you. Thank you for risking your life. Thank you for saving me."
"That's not what I wanted! Gratitude is the last thing I-"
"Well, let me tell you what I want, Honesty."
"When haven't I been honest? When?"
"I found your note, Will. I know you blackmailed Gregory. I didn't tell the police yet, but I will."
"So tell them, go ahead! It's old news to them, but if you've got the note, it's one more piece for the police files. I just don't get- Wait a minute. Do you think- You couldn't really think I did that to make money, could you?"
"That's usually why people blackmail."
"You think I'd betray you like that? Ivy I set up that blackmail--I got the Celentanos to help me out, and i videotaped it-so that i had something to take to the police." "Back in August when you were in the hospital, Gregory called me and told me you had tried to commit suicide. I couldn't believe it. I knew how much you missed Tristan, but I knew you were a fighter, too. I went to the train station that morning to look around and try to figure out what had gone through your head. As i was leaving I found the jacket and hat. I picked them up, but for weeks I didn't know how or even if they were connected to what had happened." "When school started I ran across some file photos of Tristan in the newspaper office. Suddenly I figured it out. I knew it wasn't like you to jump in front of a train, but it was just like you Eric and Gregory to con you across the track. I remembered how Eric had played chicken with us, and I blamed him at first. Later I realized that there was a lot more than a game going on."
"Why didn't you tell me this before? You should have told me this before."
"You weren't telling me things, either."
"I was trying to protect you!"
"What the heck do you think I was doing?...I had to distract him, give him another target, and try to get something on him at the same time. It almost worked. I gave the tape to Lieutenant Donnelly Tuesday afternoon, but Gregory had already laid his trap." "You thought I'd betray you."
"Will I'm sorry. I was wrong. I really am sorry, I made a mistake. A big one. Try to understand. I was so mixed up and afraid. I thought I betrayed myself when I trusted you-and betrayed Tristan when I fell in love with you. Will!"
"You fell in love with me?"
"Love you, Will."
"Love you, Ivy.”
4 likes
“As Tristan left the darkroom he heard Lacey’s soap opera voice. “And so our two heroes part,” she said, “blinded by love, neither of them listening to the wise and beautiful Lacey”—she hummed a little—“who, by the way, is getting a broken heart of her own. But who cares about Lacey?” she asked sadly. “Who cares about Lacey?” 4 likes