Start by marking “Treasured” as Want to Read:
Treasured

Treasured

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A love for which even time stands still.

Graduate student Rebecca Small is so obsessed with the past--especially the Golden Age of Piracy--she doesn't mind her unglamorous job preparing museum displays. This display is about her favorite subject, James Morrow, a famous pirate who mysteriously disappeared without a trace.

Becca touches the pirate's antique sword, and finds he
Published April 22nd 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Treasured, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasured

Kelly
Every once in a while I get in this mood where I'm like, "PIRATES! I want to read nothing but pirate books! ARRGH!" Rationally, I know that the limited amount of fresh water on a pirate ship probably meant that they all stunk to high heaven and it's more than likely that many of them suffered from scurvy and as a group they were bloody little buggers who raped and pillaged, yet... PIRATES!

I think my skewed idea that pirates are somehow sexy comes from covers like this one. See? That's pretty, If
Mojca
Rebecca touches an old pirate sword and ends up smack in the middle of a sword fight on board a ship...A pirate ship...An 18-century pirate ship...In the 18th century…And the man whose life she saves happens to be the man whose portrait she’s been mooning over the past couple of days while she prepared a museum exhibit. The same man who claims to be her husband…Yikes.

Though this short story read more like an extended sex scene, there was enough plot, characterization, budding romance, and charac
Becca
Another tough decision, between a 3 and 4 this time. I enjoyed the story, liked the characters and thought the sex scenes were quite hot. My problem is there wasn't really much to this story. Yes, the heroine was a student of history and had studied the time period, but she had very little trouble accepting that she had traveled back in time by about 300 years. Yes, it was refreshing to have a heroine that didn't act completely stupid on finding herself in another time, but this was just a bit t ...more
Awesome short story. Loved the mix between scifi time swap and pirate adventure. Sexy and great action in it.
holly quigley
WARNING: Since this is a short erotic piece, my review/criticisms contain explicit language.

That said, Treasured had promise to be a really nice erotic short. The setup and storyline hit all my happy buttons. Time travel? Check. Pirates? I hate to admit it, but I'm a sucker for them. Hints of BDSM? Check.

Unfortunately, most of the story was smut. Which wouldn't be unfortunate at all, if the smut wasn't so flawed. It wasn't the worst smut I've read, and it did have heat despite its flaws, but a
Katerina Kinsley
I wouldn’t say that Crystal Jordan’s “Treasured” is a spanking novel. I would say that this book is an erotic novel containing a lot of sex with a spanking or two thrown in for good measure. That said I still really enjoyed this book. The focus may not have been on spanking, but it was still a hot read.

Becca was the perfect protagonist. She was strong, independent, and could sword fight better than a man. But when she and James were together, she was completely submissive. Her loyalty to James w
Lady Raven RAVE!
The negative reviews were leaning me towards not reading this book. After reading it it's not that bad it's just another case of different strokes for different folks. Rebecca travels through time to 1715 to James who is a pirate, while the other Rebecca originally from 1715 travel to the present. There was a little action as well as good loving between Rebecca and James, the original Rebecca from 1715 was a meanie to everyone around her so when the Rebecca who came from the present was around e ...more
Noor
i wish i could travel back in time to find the the perfect alpha male and then travel back with him because i would miss my computer to much if i stayed in his time... man i love reading about pirates they are so cute ans sexy i know in real life they were not like in books but a women can dream ;D
Shae Shannon
This story was unbelievably amazing. Who wouldnt to fall into a world with a hot pirate? I read this book hundreds ago and still remember it in detail. It is not a easily forgotten read, but one that will stick with you and be reread over and over. I loved it!
T.
This was my favorite pirate story before I read any of Maureen O. Betita's The Kraken's Caribbean stories! In general I don't like time travel stories, but Ms. Jordan handled it well. This is the book which steered me to purchase more of her work!
Karla
Wow, I didn't really expect to enjoy this story as much as I did. It was really good, freaky time situation aside, lol.
Tammie Burnette
Tammie Burnette marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
SlimeMaiden
SlimeMaiden marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Sara
Sara added it
Apr 13, 2015
April Dykes
April Dykes marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Aem595
Aem595 marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Heather Heal
Heather Heal marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
  • Daring Time
  • Subjugated (Politically Incorrect, #2)
  • Star Crossed (Entwined Fates, #2)
  • To the Max
  • My Timeswept Heart (Blackwells, #1)
  • Tempt Me Twice
  • Full Ride (Ghost Unit, #1)
  • Call of the Sea (Call of the Lycan, #1)
  • Night's Promise (Club Strigoi, #3)
  • The Priestess (Wasteland, #4)
  • More than a Bargain (Leashed, #2)
  • Rituals of Passion (Brides of Caralon, #1)
  • The Unrequited Dom
  • Closer (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #4)
  • Tempting Tori (Courage Brothers of Texas, #1)
  • Tigress by the Tail (Maxey Wizards, #1)
  • Takedown (1Night Stand, #13)
  • Stranded
Crystal Jordan began writing romance after she finished graduate school and needed something to fill the hours that used to be eaten away by homework. She is originally from California, but has lived and worked all over the United States. Currently, she serves as a librarian at a university in her home state and writes contemporary, paranormal, futuristic, and erotic romance.
More about Crystal Jordan...
On The Prowl The Wanderer Stolen Passions (Forbidden Passions, #1) Embrace the Night (Night #1) Vegas Vacation (Destination Desire)